Single Player, TruckersMultiplayer, SCS Convoy Session

Hello. I would like to know from other community members where do you prefer to drive. Are you one of those drivers who likes to drive alone and enjoy the ai traffic or do you like to drive on TruckersMultiplayer with friends and company drivers or are you one who would rather drive on the scs convoy session with friends only. As for me I am someone who mainly likes to drive on single player because of the use of mods that I have for the game. Joining on scs convoy session to another persons lobby means I have to change certain mods or deactivate them and that is something I am not interested in doing. TruckersMultiplayer is good for large companies and such but for me I am not interested in doing so. Too many trolls and reckless drivers on there and when I am live streaming on twitch I do not want to hear someone say something inappropriate or type something in the general game chat. So what are you thoughts?

I think I like to play on the TMP platform, because I can meet many friends from all over the world, play together, and form a team to watch the scenery together. It is undeniable that I also hate players who cause trouble, and I don't like others. Fair!
Secondly, for stand-alone, I also like to play, you can add countless MODs!
I'm not going to post about SCS multiplayer, because I don't actually play in SCS multiplayer!

Hi @Viper_1981,

I stopped driving in TruckersMP many moons ago, mainly because it lacks traffic and most parts of the map are empty.

It's unrealistic and it's no fun.

A sad example of this fact is the ATS US Simulation server, where the peak of players usually doesn't even reach 200:

spacer.png

Contrary to this, singleplayer has AI traffic and gives the option to use mods, which is a game changer for me.

I don't see myself returning to TruckersMP unless they implement AI traffic, as promised in this knowledge base article:
https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/105

Safe travels! ?

1 minute ago, blabberbeak said:

Hi @Viper_1981,

I stopped driving in TruckersMP many moons ago, mainly because it lacks traffic and most parts of the map are empty.

A sad example of this fact is the ATS US Simulation server, where the peak of players usually doesn't even reach 200:

spacer.png

Contrary to this, singleplayer has AI traffic and gives the option to use mods, which is a game changer for me.

I don't see myself returning to TruckersMP unless they implement AI traffic, as promised in this knowledge base article:

Safe travels! ?

I see you have the exact reason that I do. The ability to have ai traffic in the TMP servers would be quite difficult and I understand why it is not added but to drive several hours in game on a road with no traffic and hardly seeing another player can get quite annoying and boring as well. 

It seems clear to me that "boring" is a 100% subjective concept. I drive mostly in single player, specially if there are any WoTr events, but from time to time, I'll jump in TMP, if only to see the occasional human players that I find on the roads. I don't care if I have to drive for a long time without others around, to me the game is about having a relaxed time, peaceful drive, delivering random cargoes, listening to music... I don't need anyone else to get that. Convoys... I haven't tried them and I don't plan on doing it in the foreseeable future. I'd need a bunch of friends to play with and none of my brothers, friends or close acquaintances play ETS2 or ATS, so...

For me, i prefer TMP  than SCS Convoy. As Im a member of ETS2MCG VTC, i would love to maintain the habit of joining our daily trips every weeks. Its fun to have a group of peoples who willing to play together. Sometime, i will ask some of my buddies to play SCS convoy with some specific map mod. 

Hello, good day to everyone.

First of all, it is true if that peak crowd does not look like before when there was simulation 1, 2 and 3 in 2019 and 2020, where the ATS also had a good turnout of people. since those times to see many people there was also a massive ban by certain people who did not respect others, where there were 5 bans and then permanent. This decrease is also due to hundreds of people who returned to their real lives after COVID-19 as subjects of study and work.

7 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Hi @Viper_1981,

spacer.png

Safe travels! ?

Best Regards.

Quiber

2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb

Rules | Support System | Feedback | Ban Appeal | Recruitment | Reports

Hey Viper, good to hear that opinion. About what u said, I think frequently exists people how  want to play with real drivers, don't matter if they don't drive perfectly. I'ts just a view of TMP drivers who like to drive alone, just the fact that you can find someone in the middle of nowhere, make the symbol of a game controlled by the same users and not of an IA. Based in some opinions of friends, I want to say to you TMP is one of the community with low toxicity in the world of simulators. Hope keep participating. Save travels...

Kind Regards.

Vitax

Hey, I don't think it's much fun to play on the SCS server (start directly from Steam), first of all the server is full of Ai vehicles, but on TMP the server is all real players, all have the ability to think independently, which makes the game come alive:mlg_doge:

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

1 hour ago, XING FU said:

Hey, I don't think it's much fun to play on the SCS server (start directly from Steam), first of all the server is full of Ai vehicles, but on TMP the server is all real players, all have the ability to think independently, which makes the game come alive

I understand your view on this and I understand your expression however you have to also consider other people's view as well as expressions. As for myself I most of the time enjoy single player because the AI traffic is not complaining on the radio or they're not intentionally ramming me or trying to cause me to wreck on purpose and also to me it makes it feel more realistic to have the AI traffic traveling with me but that is only my view and only my expression of the game. I cannot talk nor can I speak or vouch for any other member or player within the community except myself

In the current state I find that all 3 game modes are equally pleasant or unpleasant (maybe a bit less pleasant for Convoy):

• Single Player: AI traffic makes things more lively EVERYWHERE you go. But it's still very predictable (AI limitation) and vehicles are not as diverse and interesting as in MP with all the customisations.
  • Convoy: I have to say that I didn't play on it for a long time, but you still get AI while having several humans playing with you. However I really don't enjoy having to find a session/server and get the same mods, plus you have a limited number of players which means you really need to play together (same jobs/routes) to see each other.
  • TMP: much more players, only humans which means you have very different driving styles and vehicles which is much more interesting! But no AI traffic which indirectly makes people drive in the same areas to see other vehicles. As a result the rest of the map is very empty and can become boring for many of us.

In the end I play most of the time on TMP and depending on my mood I isolate on less explored countries/roads or do trips through central Europe to see other players.

I mainly play truckersmp for the fact i get to play with like minded people who are there to truck (besides the trolls) and there is more players then a SCS convoy session. I do go one singleplayer from time to time to play with mods.

Discord: Bradd#7810 
VTC: Nebula Logistics | Rank: CEO

We may not be able to control the wind but we can adjust our sails

Hey there trucker!

I do mainly focus on the TruckersMP platform.

I have for many years been playing the Singleplayer version of both Euro Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2, and over a quick time i find this game really boring to play by myself,

therefore i am almost only active in TruckersMP, because i get to play either with my friends or find new friends to hang around with.

Over the years SCS has completely ignored the fact that we wanted an multiplayer, and as TruckersMP grew up i began to find alot fo really nice players that now are closer friends of mine.

I enjoy being on the TMP as i can play with my friends, attend bigger events by other players, or just sit in a city and have a nice small-talk with other players that are online.

Overall TruckersMP is my home.

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

Archived