New Duisburg and Old Duisburg

Shadel

New Duisburg and Old Duisburg  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which will make you more enjoyable?

Hello Guys!

As you know there has been a big change in Duisburg.TruckersMP New junctions, new roads have been added.

Do you think the old one was more effective or the newly restructured Duisburg?

Will the traffic situation improve?

What do you think about this topic and questions?

Baslksz-1.png

You can choose your personal opinion in the survey.

Have a nice days.

Kind Regards,
Shadel

2025704570_role_Add-OnTeam2.jpg   

Youtube | Steam | TruckersMP 

Discord = Shadel#0001

The original isn't really made for multiplayer, but the new one will probably not solve many problems, the city is larger, so congestion may be lesser inside, but there are still two entrances

There are too many streets and thus junctions, twice as many as in Calais, only one junction with traffic lights, multiple roundabouts and one way streets - and overly complicated layout in my opinion, pulling out from one of those many side streets is going to be pain in the butt without traffic lights.

The idea is, probably, that adding more streets to drive through, people will spread out around the city.

There are now 3 alternatives exits to reach C-D road , while smart people will actually seek out alternative routes, the truth is that most people in TMP blindly follow route advisor.

And of course, Word of Trucks is out of question around here, you will lose synchronization, the original companies are replaced, effectively, you can't even get external contract to or out of Duisburg while playing on TMP anymore.

12 minutes ago, Granite said:

The original isn't really made for multiplayer, but the new one will probably not solve many problems, the city is larger, so congestion may be lesser inside, but there are still two entrances

There are too many streets and thus junctions, twice as many as in Calais, only one junction with traffic lights, multiple roundabouts and one way streets - and overly complicated layout in my opinion, pulling out from one of those many side streets is going to be pain in the butt without traffic lights.

The idea is, probably, that adding more streets to drive through, people will spread out around the city.

There are now 3 alternatives exits to reach C-D road , while smart people will actually seek out alternative routes, the truth is that most people in TMP blindly follow route advisor.

And of course, Word of Trucks is out of question around here, you will lose synchronization, the original companies are replaced, effectively, you can't even get external contract to or out of Duisburg while playing on TMP anymore.

Yes, it really has its downsides.

2025704570_role_Add-OnTeam2.jpg   

Youtube | Steam | TruckersMP 

Discord = Shadel#0001

love the new Duisburg but there is a few bugs that still need ironing out, I know you cant really remove the lag because there is just so many people that are there it is bound to lag.
But getting out the new service station can be tricky when its a busy day.
I heard there is a also a bridge that is too low for some cargos

Discord: Bradd#7810 
VTC: Nebula Logistics | Rank: CEO

We may not be able to control the wind but we can adjust our sails

Hey there trucker!

At first i was not really sure how to respond for this post. It is in general a really great question, but it takes a good decision to respond at.

In the beginning i really hated the annoucement that TruckersMP had made another change to Duisburg. I play the game because it is the closest to the real world, and i really do like things to be as close to original as possible. When i first read about the update i got quite mad. Of all cities that could get a really sick update, they decided to do another one on Duisburg (The city they updated with Non-Collision-Zone because of the huge amount of players coming in and out. For the second time they have made a change to that city, which in my honest opinion was not necesary. At that point it was obviously that Calais was the City with most difficult problems about in-outgoing traffic. However it was Duisburg that got selected for the update. And i did hate that for a good amount of time. However i did change my mind a little after i went into the city to see this new update myself, and it did quite surprise me to be honest. The place has been much more larger than it was before, with a complete remodelling of basically everything which now makes sense of the high usage of saveedition trailers, that many have been using over the years of this high trafficed city. A new and more flow-friendly in-outgoing directions which makes it even better to haul on the route. I cannot deny that this update was actually quite good. Despite i did hate it for a while. This remodelling are also making it more and more clear to me that we will be able to see even better updates in the future, as TruckersMP are slowly evolving through the passing time.

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

^^ The topic is about Duisburg, the changes done to the city, not about any roads. Of course, I know what road you are referring to and I can't agree more, a road can never be a problem if people use it sensibly.

About Duisburg, I don't really care, didn't go there before, won't go there now. Before, because it didn't make a lot of sense, none of my jobs were to be originated there or had to be delivered there and going just for the sake of it is not my thing. Now, same reason as before with an added "bonus": my jobs are always from WoTr and... Well, why go to a place where WoTr won't work?

The old map modeling was better in my opinion. There was a traffic jam, of course, but the traffic could be cleared in a short time. Right now, people are going slow because they are interested in the new road, sometimes they can't overcome the road confusion and miss the road exit and try to make up for it by coming back. We're dealing with traffic jams involving hours.

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive sub-forum.
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me. 

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Game Moderator + Community Moderator

// Locked Moved to Archive

LanguagesTR / EN

-> Rules | Feedback | Report System | Ban Appeal <-

image.png

Archived