Duisburg City Rework

TeamDeer

there is a issue with the rest area next to kolico its not a no collision zone and really should be a no collision zone since its a rest area and another issue with the rest area is the players are entering and exiting the rest area wrong from what the road sign show and also duisburg should have a bus station now since thats what the players have been asking for and the city is a lot bigger now

TruckersMP Addon Team has definitely out done themselves with this new revision of Duisburg - a much-needed update indeed.

I like how they've kept it fresh and modern like SCS implementations when they've revised cities. 

Cracking jobs guys - looking foward to more of your revisions of other cities in the near future. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome! 4

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

Impressive work! Quite a lot of route/entry options. Will definitely help fixing traffic jams. Thanks!

However if I had to give a negative feedback I would say with that many junctions and roundabouts you will have a looot of collisions because of all the kids/trolls of C-D and we will see an extension of the non-collision area to the whole city very soon ?

• Like 1

I loved it, it was great, thanks to everyone who contributed.!! ❤️ 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Tbh - I am not fan. The city itself is nice, but I am not a fan of the concept and thoughts behind this.

No changes were ever needed to Duisburg - People didn't have to be in the city or even use CD road. They chose to because of the heavy traffic. In my eyes this was just a waste of resources to fix an issue that was really never an issue to begin with. If this has to be done every time players find a new hotspot then its a never ending circle.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

13 hours ago, mcglynn14 said:

there is a issue with the rest area next to kolico its not a no collision zone and really should be a no collision zone since its a rest area and another issue with the rest area is the players are entering and exiting the rest area wrong from what the road sign show and also duisburg should have a bus station now since thats what the players have been asking for and the city is a lot bigger now

I would appreciate if you could contact us via the Support System (https://truckersmp.com/support) and report that missing NCZ area with all of the needed information (pictures/videos) that would be helpful.

16 hours ago, 55six [BR-SP] said:

Cool... Thanks for completely butchering the city for the players who use World of Trucks. You guys could've atleast kept the same companies, right!? But nooo, that would've been too much work. Unbelieveable... Truly unbelieveable.

And btw, all this work will eventually be thrown into the garbage bin when SCS release their own, better and realistic version of the city (Which you guys could've have waited for). Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if when that happens, you still keep this wotr incompatible city in the map.

Completely agreed, if there is WoT event involving Duisburg, TruckersMP will be incompatible for the first time in history with WoT event, well done! Also, I don't know, how 3 of the DLC dependent companies work out for owners of base game map only.

Wouldn't it be much better, if new cities were added at both ends of the C-D road, much like what they did with TruckerMP HQ? Call them Dullburg and Calamity, I don't know, with map edits limited only to that road and leave the rest of the map intact.

I sincerely hope for more rework of Germany cities from SCS, they almost didn't touch them, and that after Switzerland rework, they will jump right on Belgium and Netherlands and throw out the whole C-D road into the trash.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Granite said:

Completely agreed, if there is WoT event involving Duisburg, TruckersMP will be incompatible for the first time in history with WoT event, well done! Also, I don't know, how 3 of the DLC dependent companies work out for owners of base game map only.

Wouldn't it be much better, if new cities were added at both ends of the C-D road, much like what they did with TruckerMP HQ? Call them Dullburg and Calamity, I don't know, with map edits limited only to that road and leave the rest of the map intact.

I sincerely hope for more rework of Germany cities from SCS, they almost didn't touch them, and that after Switzerland rework, they will jump right on Belgium and Netherlands and throw out the whole C-D road into the trash.

Exactly, some extra roads connecting to the city would've eased off the traffic on the other two main entrances but now it's like the city doesn't even exists anymore... And the worst part is that they don't seem to care at all. So many things that could've been done instead and they choose this... Instead of practicality they chose the eye pleasing route, that ended up requiring more work than the other better solutions.

And I really wish Rhine-Rhur area comes as a rework on 1.46, seeing how SCS does a much better work at mapping all players will want SCS's version in game, not this getto rigged city... So that all this unnecessary work can be thrown where it belongs, in the dumpster.

• True Story 1

8 hours ago, novice said:

long awaited and needed rework, finally players will be able to deliver and take jobs from that god damn city without being stuck in traffic jams, well done

p.s.
i don't think that is the right placement of that thingy

Reveal hidden contents

That item has been fixed, and is pending an update to be pushed.  

• Awesome! 3

I must say that I really enjoyed the work that was done in Duisburg by the add-on team in terms of 'aesthetics'. In terms of functionality, however, I believe that something different could have been done. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to tell anyone how to do their job, but Duisburg is just prettier now. The city remains in chaos, making it impossible to even transit within the city even if the player doesn't enter any prefab. The roads around Duisburg, on the other hand, are excellent.

• HaulieLove 1