Duisburg City Rework

TeamDeer

I played it online yesterday, in Duisburg. The feeling to me is that Duisburg has become bigger, the traffic connection is very large, and it can lead to other cities, but there are still a small number of players deliberately making troubles and causing trouble to other players! Still, I want to thank you for this great update! Thanks to the TMP staff for their hard work! Good luck to you!

It seems it got better, but too many people still. But it is expected since everyone is checking it out, I might swing by there tonight when most of Europe are asleep to at least check out, because when I drove there yesterday morning, my fps went down back due too many drivers in the area. But overall it looks nice. 

Great work! I can't believe your team was able to work such miracles! It turned out amazing, professional, Duisburg looks like a completely new city. It's true that you exaggerated a bit with the highway in front of the city, but maybe it was necessary. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Kind Regards,
Turbo Diesel V8
TURBODIZELV8.jpg.363cb9585bf0b06e25497844a12d0ddf.jpg

I'd like to thank the wonderful people who worked on this project. It was a much needed improvement, and I can safely say you all smashed it! It's a beautiful city and a beautiful layout. It came as a big surprise to me as I was delivering some cargo to Duisburg having not heard any news on this rework and suddenly made my way into a whole new area that immediately became one of the best cities that I have access to. From what I have seen, there have been little - no issues so far and I think that's simply amazing after seeing the frequent build up of players all stuck in the old Duisburg. So once again thank you so much for your efforts! I hope to see more of these sort of improvements in the future!

Hello Truckers; 

I think I might not get used to the Duisburg redesign right away, because I can't get the old city roads out of my head.
The city has been really successful, and the exit and entry routes into the city are the same. Just as a small point, the service front seems to have been built on the runway area, but I believe that they will help with this issue with new updates in the future. 

Love to all TruckersMP Staff.

I would like to express my special thanks to the Add-on Team who contributed to this Project.

Best Regards;

OnurBey. 

• Community Manager

^ - devs are aware of this as far as I know and it will be fixed ASAP. ?

• HaulieLove 1

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

15 hours ago, Granite said:

Isn't the yacht from high power cargo pack tallest? That should be your scale when constructing bridges.

Also, some people save edit fake loco on a flatbed, they should go around.:thinking: 

I've checked the collision boxes of both the Queen V39 cargo and Vossloh G6 from Heavy Cargo Pack and the latter seems to be slightly taller. Queen V39 seems to use capsule collision box, which doesn't even reach yacht's roof, not to mention the equipment located on top of it. Vossloh G6 in other hand uses at least 2 separate collision boxes. The smaller of the two will hit the bridge above when coming to/from the C-D road.

I've tested also the yacht cargo from High Power Cargo Pack and all I got is a slight bump from above, however I went through the affected spot without any issues, regardless the side.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

2 hours ago, Titanic4 said:

I've tested also the yacht cargo from High Power Cargo Pack and all I got is a slight bump from above, however I went through the affected spot without any issues, regardless the side.

This is the one, not the Queen, which isn't nearly as high. The difference is that top part of the yacht's hitbox makes a narrower surface than that of the locomotive, making it possible to force it through easier if your speed is high enough, even without damage if the bridge's height isn't too low to hit it's side, but I could have sworn that they are the same height, or the yacht is a tiny bit higher. It depends, also I don't know if the road bellow this bridge is exactly horizontal, or if the surfaces of the road bellow and bridge above are exactly parallel, so you may get different results with similarly high bridges.

It's possible that SCS have change yacht's hitbox, they certainly removed hitboxes from some roofs at gas stations and toll gates where you can see even lower loads pass right through them.

Both yach and locomotive are know to cause problems with many bridges in Promods, where you can hit some low bridges with just an excavator or backhoe loader. 

Hello,

thank you for the rework of the Duisburg region.

The whole thing has eased the congestion situation somewhat and has improved the traffic flow. The shortcoming is, of course, the merging of 2 lanes onto the CD route. This causes traffic jams due to inconsiderate players.

Apart from that, I still find the workshop/repair station a bit unsightly, and the empty space to the left of it could possibly be designed a bit.

I was also a bit confused in some places, maybe I'll post something separate about that in the days to come.

Otherwise, the update is really well done. Thank you very much!

Greetings,

Felix