Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Is 2 hours enough to sign up for Truckersmp ?

BRK-

Is 2 hours enough to sign up for Truckersmp ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this article?

• Yes, I agree
    • No, I don't agree

2 hours is very few time for someone new to play ets2. first that he needs to improve himself in singleplayer, have road rules and necessary knowledge (safe overtaking etc.) Those someone play truckersmp with 2 hours of game info, are very prone to ramming and trolling other players. I think it should be a slightly longer (maybe 10 hour.)

it's the player's choice to look up more what truckersMP actually is.. They also get the rules on the login screen which they are forced to scroll all the way down to continue to the game - So I believe it's their own responsibility.

I’d say 2 hours should be enough.

Players may use the 2 hours or more to just stay AFK as well.

I think 2 hours is only a prerequisite for registering online plugins, but for beginners to play TMP, it is better to take a longer time, 10 hours or even a lot. Therefore, he first needs to improve his position in the single player game, have the rules of the road and the necessary knowledge (safe overtaking, etc.). Secondly, you can go to TMP for online connection, otherwise, it is very easy to hit other players and recklessly drive other players with only 2 hours of single-player time. So I think this should be slightly longer, 10+ hours (or even longer) is best!

Hello,

I agree with having a minimum of 2 hours played to be able to register for TruckersMP. Bearing in mind that Steam only lets you refund a game if you’ve played under 2 hours, so I think it’s appropriate for TruckersMP to have that rule.

Obviously they can just sit for 2 hours and not have driven a mile, like said previously, but if they do that then they have to deal with the consequences if they violate the official set of rules - they’re on their own on that one. It’s the player’s responsibility to read the rules before even heading onto the TruckersMP in-game servers.

While it's more than likely that a player with less than 2hrs experience won't drive very well, I'm thinking that we should let people take their responsibilities and take the risk to be ban/kicked after a few minutes in TMP! At the end of the day when you sign up you are well informed of the rules and agree to be punished if you don't follow them.

Adding a check to make sure they had minimum 2hrs of play however could be very good to avoid trolls creating new accounts after getting banned as mentioned above! It could also help making sure they are skilled enough, but I'm not sure if 2hrs is enough! Maybe more 10hrs.

To be honest a 10 hours doesn't really change much if they don't follow these simple rules which they need to accept before entering the game.

They don't bother to read it and ended up getting punished for it. even with world of truck jobs would be easy to surpass the amount they need.

Perhaps if possible make the new players act like non collision zone for 10 to 20 days on the server ? so that way they cannot bother someone like ramming, blocking and so on.

at least the server will register there activity. and perhaps when being caught and banned they get another temporary non collision zone after the ban has been expired. i think that is more interesting thought. 

Hello truckers. 

Well I agree with the 2 hour game rule, although for some it should be 24 hours, yes I'm talking about those drivers who only do stupid things. 

We know it's impossible to do it due to many factors, but it was funny to have a driving school . For new TMP members to learn the rules and how to drive on servers. 

31 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

To be honest a 10 hours doesn't really change much if they don't follow these simple rules which they need to accept before entering the game.

They don't bother to read it and ended up getting punished for it. even with world of truck jobs would be easy to surpass the amount they need.

Personally when I mentioned 10hrs it was more about their driving skills to master the trucks and trailers to avoid crashing at every sharp turn or block the road when exiting/entering a depot as they are stuck against a wall ?

But I agree that people who don't follow the rules during the first 10hrs, won't follow them after except if they get educated ?‍♂️?‍⚖️

^ i see what you mean, but 10 hours is still not enough to learn the basics yet alone learning their skills and master the truck and trailer, that proces take much longer also depends on the driver of course if they are willing to learn.

Most drivers come here for fun and don't take it seriously. nowadays to get driving license is already taking months for most part you don't learn in 10 hours on how to drive a car also. for me it took a almost a year to get car driving license, and yet many accidents happen on the road and then i think where the hell did they get their driving license at haha. I got mine in 2017, so almost 5 years but i'm pretty convivence behind the wheel of my car, but a truck is another level of skill. i played since 2014 ETS2, and yes still make a mistake but is rarely and most time not even my fault.

2 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Perhaps if possible make the new players act like non collision zone for 10 to 20 days on the server ? so that way they cannot bother someone like ramming, blocking and so on.

at least the server will register there activity. and perhaps when being caught and banned they get another temporary non collision zone after the ban has been expired. i think that is more interesting thought. 

Interesting, yes, but I don't think it would be very educative.

What if there was a trial period for newly registered players, where they would be limited to: 

• speed limit of 90km/h on simulation servers (65Mph for ATS)
  • only driving a truck, no Scout car or alternating vehicles
  • truck and trailer physics (stability, suspension, brakes) at the lowest settings

This trial period would of course register only online gameplay while logged to TMP simulation servers, any other server including event servers wouldn't count. 

The length of trial period would be much longer than 2 hours, and could be triggered again after a ban maybe.

They would learn to drive half decently or tip over constantly.

I think 2 hours is enough time because you can spend this time afk but the main thing here is practice.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

20 hours ago, Granite said:

Interesting, yes, but I don't think it would be very educative.

Agree. It would probably have the opposite effect with people not taking care about the way they drive since they don't risk any damage!

20 hours ago, Granite said:

What if there was a trial period for newly registered players, where they would be limited to: 

• speed limit of 90km/h on simulation servers (65Mph for ATS)
  • only driving a truck, no Scout car or alternating vehicles
  • truck and trailer physics (stability, suspension, brakes) at the lowest settings

This trial period would of course register only online gameplay while logged to TMP simulation servers, any other server including event servers wouldn't count. 

The length of trial period would be much longer than 2 hours, and could be triggered again after a ban maybe.

They would learn to drive half decently or tip over constantly.

Yes that would be a good way to slowly introduce them to TMP without risking too much.

You could even imagine that some roads/areas which are very busy and risky could be forbidden to these new joiners. Only after doing their "probation" period they would have access to them.

But I doubt these will ever be implemented: too much work for not much benefit I think.

The matter of time is not a problem for new drivers to get used to the trucking simulation system. Eventually, they can still play offline after register. Moreover, TMP only remove the "special cargo", everything else is just the same as singleplayer if they are willing to be a real gamer, not just "money cheat" right away. But the problem for TMP is that toxic kiddos are everywhere. They are reckless, impatient driver and they just wanna trolling others, breaking the peaceful driving experience. That is what we need to concern about.

On 9/8/2022 at 12:30 PM, blabberbeak said:

It's rather important what one did in a given time.

One could stay idle for two hours without having driven a mile.

A better solution is a minimum of driven kilometers by a certain number of successfully accomplished World Of Trucks jobs.

This would actually not be a bad idea. If something could be made that would require you to log in to WoT, that would then check if you have lets say 10 jobs of a minimum 1000km (or just 10000km in total). That would mean they would actually have to drive those jobs and not just idle in game for 2 hours. Not sure if that is even possible or allowed tho ?

I think 2 hours is enough, because when registering for TMP there are detailed rules for TMP, you have to read and tick the terms carefully to go to the next step, novice players can learn more about the TMP rules?

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

Archived