What is the best starting city?

Charlolel

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting question.

One should consider available DLCs which increases the number of cities and job offers in comparison to the base game vanilla map.

Another thing to consider is one's preferred cargo which might only be available in certain areas and cities. 

From a realistic playing point of view it's also interesting to play with the income factor, which will give you less money for accomplished jobs but increases realism. 

And it might also be a welcome challenge to start in a city which isn't often chosen as a starting city, for example, way off typically congested areas. 

I think Hanover is good

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

I think it's Calais, Duisburg (more laggy cities) or Prague and Berlin (because they're in the center of the original map)

╔⏤⏤⏤╝                                  ⭐                                  ╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Happy map creator for ETS2 from 🇨🇿

If you are interested, you can look for something about me 🙂

Languages I speak: ENGLISH , CZECH & GERMAN

╚⏤⏤⏤╗                                  ⭐                                  ╔⏤⏤⏤╝

REPORT      FEEDBACK

I don't know, ahah. In fact, I've never thought about which city is better to start the game. It seems to me that it doesn't really matter in which city to start, the main thing is that there should be a wide variety of companies, as well as a company for the transportation of dangerous goods. You can choose any city that you like or the one in which you live in life. I chose Katowice at the time.

That's really up to you and which Map Expansions you own.

Population

• Duisburg
  • Calais

Aesthetic

• Any city really. Check the wiki for pictures or use Dev Camera and console to go them

Driving

• Don't choose France. Toll Booths.

Companies won't matter. As you level up, you'll get a skill point to invest. Just make sure you check your truck stats before you take on cargo it can't handle.

Even if you like C-D and that's the main thing you do, I wouldn't recommend Calais or Duisburg as your starting cities. Trying to leave those garages can be tricky at the best of times. Dusseldorf, Rotterdam, Brussels and the nearby cities are better options as they are quieter but only a few minute drive away from the chaos. 

Fwiw (which probably isn't much) I started in Kassel for personal reasons & it was also very close to the centre of the map in 2014 (possibly Erfurt was closer) but it was not good for depot variety. I recently 'upgraded' to Dortmund for a bit more variety & action, although too much action isn't always a good thing.

It's raining so I'm going to get up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived