What is the best starting city?

Charlolel

I was just wondering what you guys thought was the best starting city and the best HQ location for long-term.

Because there's a few this you got to consider:

- High paying Delivery missions

- Location to hotspots (if you wanna play with friends or in a VTC)

- The quality of the city 

And other factors that you might consider that I didn't think of!

spacer.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Calais is pretty good

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

Hello

If I'm traveling alone. My favorite starting city is Naples, and I like to start the journey from there and travel to the north.

But if I want to drive in crowded places, my favorite city is definitely Dusseldorf.

I wish you a good day.

Kind Regards
ESER 58
TruckersMP  Driver 

7 hours ago, HENGYA said:

I think Calais is pretty good

Only if the PC can handle Calais well. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend Calais.

I think anywhere in mainland Europe would do, UK would still be fine but may take slightly longer to grow the profile due to ferry costs. I've started my profile from London but now have 4 trucks in my fleet ?

banner

Maybe I've not noticed it but as far as I know when you start, your garage doesn't provide you much except an additional sleeping location. It's only once you've upgraded it that you will be able to get cheaper fuel for your truck.

Then, when it comes to jobs, as far as I know you can get jobs from every city and you don't have to be at your HQ city to get good jobs. Usually the most rewarding jobs are ones for fuel & chemicals. So any city with a fuel & chemicals factory is a good spot for nice jobs.

Obviously once you start having enough money to upgrade your garage, it's obviously more interesting to have it in a strategic central location where you will be passing regularly and will be able to stop to fill up for less. Good locations for that would be:

• Dover or Calais as these are the main location you will go through to go to UK
  • Dortmund or Cologne as these are very central cities you will most probably cross when crossing Western Europe from W <> E or N <> S
  • Marseille as it's again a big port that goes to several other port in South Europe
  • Zurich as it's often crossed when going from South Europe to North/North-East Europe
  • Prague as it's central in East Europe and will cross this city quite a lot in this area
  • Riga as it's central in North-East Europe
  • Stockholm as it's often crossed when going from/to Finland/Russia to/from Sweden/Norway/Denmark

and I probably missed a few others.

I started in Hamburg but I relocated several times

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's Lille. Because generally the game creates nice loads with good payments, also the 3 countries are near(Netherlands, Belgium and UK). Also you can drive less distance by using train or ferry pass while going to UK. (I thought this detail because I'm trying to save time while making money in the beginning ? )

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

Archived