how can riving in the wrong side of the road not be a crime

Gorm1967

It seems that I have recived a warning and I guess more  will come in the coming days when the reports from this weekend has been declined. Not because that the Criminalshas  been aquitted but because I used screenshot instead of actual films.

The reason for  me to write this is because of the topic I made last weekend where I was advice afterwards to fillout a formal complain instead of using the ingame report system. So I created a few reports friday and saturday where I took some screenshot.

One of those screenshot showed very clear that there was some driving in the wrong side of the motorway a collision on purpose.

Now when he has been aquitted I am not showing the screenshot here. But of course if the moderator will take another look at screenshot they can be send to them.

and here at last I will end this wrting :

1. I am not going to invest in some recording software.

2. The people who comits traficviolations can easyly go free

with kind regards

Henry

PS: In the future I may need to eat the pain of damage trucks and cancelled cargo when I am using WOTR

YpStgSr.png

Providing only a screenshot for the violation of these rules is not acceptable because it could lead to some innocent people being falsely accused. Imagine someone rammed into you and then you ended up in a position that makes it look like you're blocking the road. Then, someone takes a screenshot and you get banned. Doesn't sound fair, right? If you don't have a good enough computer, it will most likely not be possible for you to report these players at all. If you have a powerful enough computer however, you can check out this guide on how to record and upload evidences.

Another example, like the one Aurris stated above: Imagine your truck is rammed heads on, spins and ends up facing the wrong side of the road, someone (or even the rammer) takes a screenshot and you get banned for "Wrong way driving"... 100% unfair, right? That's why video is a must when reporting most rule breaking players in TruckersMP. Of course, you would know what happened, but the moderators can't be guessing who's telling the truth and who isn't, they need to see what happened, the motion, not the final result.

There are plenty of free recording software programs, so there's nothing to invest other than a bit of effort. There's even a Knowledge Base article about it: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/788

Being a WoTr jobs kind of guy myself, I know how hard it is to have a 2 hours job go down the toilet when you are 1 Km away from delivering only because someone else decided to be "funny". But that's why I make sure that if I report someone, the report will meet all of the requirements to have that someone punished.

§1.4 - Reporting users

• Reports for reasons mentioned under §2 must have video evidence. Evidence exceeding 2 minutes in length must have a timestamp attached in the report.
  • Evidence submitted may only be uploaded to websites that offer an on-site video player. Evidence that requires downloading files or authorization will not be accepted.

You did not comply with the rules of reporting while reporting. It is not right to make such a harsh criticism after making a mistake. And the place for such topics is not forum pages. Make sure you provide the appropriate evidence first, then contact the feedback system if there are issues with your reports.

Screenshots are appropriate for simple matters such as inappropriate language use. It will be more efficient if you upload a video recording to an open platform to show the perpetrators' crimes.

Kind Regards
    Black Alcoa
    TruckersMP Veteran Driver II

Yep, The rules states very clearly that anything that falls under §2 must have video evidence. And that is because a screenshot dosent show the full picture. As  FernandoCR [ESP] said further up. Someone could have been rammed and then landed on the wrong side of the road and then you take a screenshot and they get banned when they shouldent have been. And you dont have to invest in any recording software. There are plenty of free ones that works more than fine. If you have an Nvidia graphics card you can use Nvidias Shadow Play to record with. There is also Medal.tv and OBS. I use OBS my self. Works great. And none of them costs a thing. You can also read more about it all here: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/788

Hello, as mentioned previously by several peoples repeating themselves, the reporting rules (to be more specific, §2) specifys that you must include video evidences.

Your report was most likely declined because it did not include video evidences but only a screenshot which could be interpreted the wrong way, for example, there are situations (such as a head on collision) where your truck could end up facing the wrong ways and if someone else takes a screenshot and reports you, it does not tell the whole story and would result in an unfair ban.

As mentioned several times previously by everyone repeating themselve's if your computer is able to handle it, there are some free screen recording softwares out there. We even have a knowledge base article about this over here https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/788 under this link that has been posted by two people already and I'm posting it again because apparently it's okay to make useless replies without reading the discussion/thread.

I trust that me repeating what others have repeated was helpful and did not just waste everybody's time.

I also like how in your previous thread you were told to use the website report system, and in this thread you're being told to use the in-game report, effectively leading you in circles without solving anything. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be.

On a more serious note, it is so much effort, and time, and there's a learning curve, and you get punished for declined reports, that I would just recommend not reporting. Controversial, I know. It's just not worth the time/effort and chances are, if it's a repeat offender, the person will get banned eventually be it via someone else's website/in game report or by a mod in game.

I use OBS Studio as my dash cam.

Screenshot is only sufficient if you want to report text chat insulting(chat must be open and visible on screenshot), impersonation, or inappropriate tag, license plates, or interior plates. 

Depending on your computer's specs, you could use Game Bar, which is built in recording system in Windows 10. One of the benefits of using it is it can record just the game audio, if you happen to use media player outputting audio on same output device as the game you're trying to record. This won't work if you're using in-game radio, since the game won't provide option of changing radio's output device. 

If you're using NVidia card, you might be able to use Shadowplay to record footage. One thing I can recommend is to create small ramdrive for Shadowplay's cache files in order to reduce wear on any of the drives installed in your computer, if you happen to have a lot of RAM available.

If you have AMD GPU, you might have better luck with ReLive, or similar software, such as OBS. The latter can be used on most GPUs, since this program can utilize hardware encoding to reduce load on the CPU as you play. You'll have to select appropriate encoding system for the GPU you're using in settings.

Another viable choice is Medal.tv - this program allows you to upload the footage for later use. 

More detailed info can be found here: https://truckersmp.com/kb/788

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

I can recommend Trucky App.

It will keep track of your jobs, progress and everything. On top of that you can make it auto-record a small clip when you receive damage to either truck, trailer or cargo. It will only save clips when you've received damage or if you decide to manually record a short clip.

I have it set up so it records 30 seconds prior to damage and 15 seconds after damage occurs. So it only makes 45 second clips and saves it in your video folder. You can start recording manually if spot you something that doesn't involve you or cause you damage. And when you start a manual recording, it will do the same. 30 second record prior to you starting to record and 15 seconds after.

And at the end of the day, after you're done doing reports and upload them to YouTube you can remove the clips from your computer. It's all free.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

Hey,

I won’t add anything more that has been said above by Aurris, Fernando and MrSirViking, but if you allow me, 
I would recommend you using MedalTV.

You can record all of your drives, trim the clips and upload instantly on the app.

Once you create a report on the website, you provide the link from MedalTV and you’re good.

back in the days i used trucky, but it didn’t clip everything as it was supposed to.

that’s why I decided to

go with MedalTV and it’s very practical and useful.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

As much stupid as it can be: rules are rules. Don't expect a different outcome if you don't follow the rule. But in that specific case it's actually not a stupid rule for all the reasons explained above.

That said in my opinion:

• 1-3 bad reports, not following the rules = simple report reject with the reason explained (in your case you needed to provide a video)
  • 3+ bad reports = warning/ban

29 minutes ago, oskarixes said:

Acho que o TruckersMP deveria fazer no futuro como uma gravação de um software que gravasse sua condução o tempo todo e apague a filmagem após um dia se o player não for denunciado

well that would be a little impossible, you can imagine what would be data to save! there was no server that could handle it. 

On 9/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Gorm1967 said:

2. The people who comits traficviolations can easyly go free

A perpetrator can only go free if the evidence provided in a report isn't fit for the particular purpose.

§1.4 Reporting Users (TruckersMP rules) defines the requirements of reports and evidence and should be considered before creating and submitting a report.

It ensures a more efficient work of report moderators, because they won't waste time with screening reports with invalid evidence (which they eventually will decline).

Hello, thank you for creating this topic.

If you have an nvidia video card, you should check whether it supports shadowplay according to the model of your video card. I do not use programs such as OBS for such situations.

Nvidia can help me with this. For example, someone hits me on the road, or puts me in danger. I can get the video of my last 5 minutes with the combination of alt gr + F10. This feature does not affect my CPU and GPU modules in the slightest. It is as if an artificial intelligence is watching the screen with me and gives me the recording of the last 5 minutes directly because I want it. I can also trim the relevant part of the video and send a report. I recommend you to take advantage of this feature if the conditions support it.

Kind regards,

Tommy.

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

Archived