World of Trucks - Destination Hannover Event

Foobrother

Hi, 

Looking at the amount of players in Hanover I'm considering doing it on SP. And as for the event itself.. they introduced paid DLC and then they make it available to everyone (I mean the factory and transport of Krone trailers). But overall it's nice that "something" is going on in the game and the SCS is still very ambitious. 

TruckersMP Driver & Patron

Author of DBus Line Creator 

13 minutes ago, Fadex [PL] said:

And as for the event itself.. they introduced paid DLC and then they make it available to everyone (I mean the factory and transport of Krone trailers)

Yes sounds like anyone will have access to these Krone trailers for the duration of this event (probably only for deliveries to the Krone factory). I guess it's to attract/tease people to purchase these DLCs?! ?

2 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Yes sounds like anyone will have access to these Krone trailers for the duration of this event (probably only for deliveries to the Krone factory). I guess it's to attract/tease people to purchase these DLCs?! ?

It's might be a form of incentive to buy the DLC. After all, they have to earn money from something. 

TruckersMP Driver & Patron

Author of DBus Line Creator 

I completed it and it gave really good stuff. I think I will use it!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Now that I've done a couple of jobs for this event a few time I've noticed pattern which I'm not sure if it is right or wrong: passing on the left lane and merging at the last minute.

I know in the real world rules this is 100% illegal and would be penalised by the police. However, in ETS you can spend literally 1h in the traffic jam doing 2km. So I can understand that some people are using the one of the two left lanes completely empty to continue and progress until the junction. As long as they don't try to force their way when merging and wait for someone to let them in, I don't see an issue. If you want to queue and wait, you can stay on the right lane. If you can't wait, you go on the left lane and merge peacefully.

I've seen game mods kicking people who are on the left lane and try merging (normally) and as a result blocking the very rare people who try to go straight. But I find it a bit harsh. They should only kick people who are forcing their way in or try to find shortcuts between barriers or going the wrong way on another road etc...

But that's my own opinion and I would be curious to hear others point of view on that.

Pandemonium would be the word of the day? ? 

I was driving with a friend and we were thinking "Lets complete some jobs for the Hannover Event". They then checked the traffic map (fantastic tool thanks) and I believe the whole of Calais/Duisburg decided to go on a day trip to Hannover. I perfectly understand why so many players are flocking there, and it will be very interesting to see how quiet it becomes there after the event. I decided the risk of accidents and the risk of "accidentally breaking a rule" only to be met with an immediate tirade of everyone screaming "Rec Ban" was at this time to high for me. My friend came up with the same decision. Fortunately there is SP to keep me happy. Big shout out to those who are bold enough to join the throng and hope everyone has a lot of fun completing the event.

12 hours ago, Da Jay said:

Pandemonium would be the word of the day? ? 

I was driving with a friend and we were thinking "Lets complete some jobs for the Hannover Event". They then checked the traffic map (fantastic tool thanks) and I believe the whole of Calais/Duisburg decided to go on a day trip to Hannover. I perfectly understand why so many players are flocking there, and it will be very interesting to see how quiet it becomes there after the event. I decided the risk of accidents and the risk of "accidentally breaking a rule" only to be met with an immediate tirade of everyone screaming "Rec Ban" was at this time to high for me. My friend came up with the same decision. Fortunately there is SP to keep me happy. Big shout out to those who are bold enough to join the throng and hope everyone has a lot of fun completing the event.

Seems you've been unlucky. I've been in Hannover a couple of time over the last week and was positively surprised to NOT see any troll ramming into everyone like on previous similar event. The only thing that still bothers me is when you have one guy doing something a bit wrong (i.e. trying to jump the queue or going in the wrong direction or not moving and blocking the road) you end up having 10+ people using their horns at the same time non-stop for 1min. Drives me nuts ? But I survived so far ?

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived