Do you use your turning signals?

Interstate Nomad

Do you use your turning signals?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your turning signals?

• Turning signals? Isn't it enough if I know where I'm going? No, I don't use turning signals at all.
    • Yes, I use turning signals before turning a corner.
    • Yes, I use turning signals when switching lanes (including overtaking).
    • Yes, I use turning signals before turning a corner and when switching lanes (including overtaking).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Yes everywhere (like in the real world btw!)

I found that (like in the real world) people tend to not use their blinker while in a roundabout! ?

While traffic rules for roundabouts differ from country to country, it is common in many to use the turning signal before leaving the roundabout.

And yes, you're right: oddly enough, roundabouts are a hotspot of drivers not using their turning signals, which leaves other drivers clueless about where they are heading.

I'm always using the signals like when you need stop completely you have to open hazards too or when accident occur you need the warn other drivers open your hazards and if you have beacon you can open that too.

The ''mirrors'' most important thing driver need to be use them like when changing line, joining the roads or overtaking when someone already overtaking you need to wait your turn until his/her completely pass.

For me yes I always use my blinkers when turning corner or overtaking etc ? 

Truckerdan_TMP 906937730502635591.webp.7eb46450b33ca3e7bad682894f0e498b.webp

Steam | Discord ->1960271399_DiscordName.png.02554d2750c1feab7678feff1a0c021b.png

Screenshot_239.png.6c251c9b3241fd7c9916ef8da367d476.png

Reports | Feedback | TMP Rules | Appeal | Support

Always, best to my abilities, even when nobody is around, because I hope there will be a legitimate reason for that soon.

Besides, failing to use turn signals can be easily considered reckless, which can be punished even if needlessly dangerous situations is avoided.

6 hours ago, Foobrother said:

I found that (like in the real world) people tend to not use their blinker while in a roundabout! ?

I only use turn signal when exiting roundabouts, if taking first exit, I would start blinking before entering roundabout, that's how it is 99,9% of the time in my country, you will not see anyone blinking while staying in the roundabout unless they are foreigners, and large or multi-lane roundabouts where it would make more sense are scarse, just like in the game.   

I find turn signal in the game to be hard to see anyway compared to real life, even at night. Also the fact that our view is way too fixed and we can't, for example, lean forward or back to see around rearview mirror, doesn't help either, and I often can't see turn signal of oncoming vehicles. The way to counter this, when I see somebody entering roundabout in front of me, I would slow down enough so I would see where they are going (usually much to enjoyment of anyone behind me, who usually navigate through roundabout like a race car through a chicane) before coming to the roundabout, rather then having to stop for no reason. If they are not using turn signal to exit roundabout, they would be exiting before me entering anyway, but in busy places it's annoying, of course.

I'm happy to read the many positive answers. ❤️

Naturally, I also use the turning indicators whenever and wherever required. It's a matter of road safety and common sense.

Off-topic: I even turn on the hazard lights when maneuvering/ parking.

Haven't participated in the poll yet? You're cordially invited to vote above! ?

Archived