Rule §1.6

Bеаn

Question

§1.6 - Impersonation of any kind

• Impersonating other users, staff members, political figures, law enforcement, leaders and authorities, criminal organisations of any kind, acting like someone who is more superior or acting like a member of a verified VTC you are not part of.

When can this rule be enforced? 

Does this violate that rule?

Someone has a profile picture identical to another user but nothing else. Their profile picture is a publicly accessible picture, easily findable on Google.  

Someone has the same name as a staff member but nothing else. For example, they may be two Owen's. 

Someone has their profile picture set to a political figure for appreciation. 

Someone copies everything about a staff member and acts like them in-game. While in-game, they go a step further and attempt to enforce the rules as if they were a staff member.

If someone could explain when a situation becomes impersonation, it'd be greatly appreciated ?

Regards, 

Bean    

5 answers to this question

Howdy Bean,

First of all, I am just a simple user, but I will try to help you with your question. Anyway you can open a ticket via modmail in the TruckersMP discord.

Regarding the questions about the profile picture, I don't think anything will happen if two people have the same picture taken from the internet, as long as one doesn't contain the same name and descriptions of the other. But in the case of having a custom logo of another user, that rule §1.6 could intervene.

Regarding the user name, I don't think anything will happen if two people have the same user name, as long as each one has its own content and not copied from another person.

And regarding the last question, that is definitely not allowed, in any case you can not impersonate anyone, even if it is to do good things.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Trucker_Bean,

Thank you very much for the confirmation! I am glad to hear that your problem has been solved. 

Therefore, I will close this topic and move it to the "Solved" section.

If you have any additional questions or problems regarding TruckersMP in the future, then please do not hesitate to create a new topic.

Thanks to everyone who assisted here!

Kind regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Support

//Topic closed and moved to Solved.