Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Why people are choosing Scania trucks instead of volvo,etc

Little Meow

I think Scania's performance and modify options affect people's choice.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Hello,

As @!drkYVZ has said above, Scania's performance and modification options affet people's choices. Unless you local mod or save edit Volvo's, there isn't much you can do in the base game compared to Scania. Scania's performance and detail is also more preferred by quite a lot of people. Scania S is amazing in my opinion, it's my favourite vehicle. ?

I think what really matters is as people have already mentioned above, the horsepower and the time it can get you up the hill, mainly the jobs that require you to have the strongest engine that's out there, so you can get the task done. I am sure we can all agree on that. Now of course there are other great brands out there, with a good name and amazing design of trucks, so It really depends on what you like and what you really care about. Speed or the looks?

For me, i dont do jobs that much so i will leave the cargo aside. So, there are 2 main reasons why i prefer Scaina to Volvo. First of all, accessories. Everyone knows that Scania has tons of modification that SCS had put so much works on. Second, base truck design. I dont really like the big round cab on Volvo truck, it looks big and the steering wheel, the interior view is wide open but the inner part of the steering wheel is too square and big. Non like Scania, with the parallelogram design with the nice looking steering wheel, i pretty sure who will wins in my preference.

First of all, this is not a racing game, as a difference in engine power, scania and volvo may have powerful engines, but in real life, not everyone ride in trucks with 730,750,770 hp engines.

Choosing the highest engine in ets is the player's option, but remember this is a truck simulation game and high hp trucks are not always needed.

Because Scania is a quality and performance truck. And it also has nice modification options.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

On 8/23/2022 at 12:07 PM, Rishi Lakshman said:

Hello everyone,

Its been a year since I am in this huge community. In this 1 year time span I have seen many players using a Scania 730 even though we have more power full engine in Volvo with a max HP of 750.
Even i have driven the Scania 730 and Volvo 750 for about 10k km each and I found that the volvo engine is more better than a scania engine .

Like some have mentioned it is a personal preference, I for one also use the Scania S 730, it is my favorite truck because the way it looks interior and exterior. I also like the Steering wheel a lot. 

Hey there trucker!

I think the reason for people to choose Scania over Volvo (in general) is due to the appearance of the Volvo. For many years (my thought) the Volvo line has been running with a really bad look, were at Scania they did from start bring a really stable looking truck. Many of my friends would say that you choose a Volvo for comfort, but a Scania for the looking (and power).

Personally i would pick Scania, because i'v been a fan of them for years. Over the years i have grown up and seen the new lines of Volvo, and tbh they are beginning to fill something to choose between, which takes alittle thoughts away from Scania ? 

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

i love the scania s and i for about 5 months only used it in tmp but im now trying out other trucks and its good to try the other trucks we have access too. It is also fun zipping around in a little MAN

Discord: Bradd#7810 
VTC: Nebula Logistics | Rank: CEO

We may not be able to control the wind but we can adjust our sails

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive sub-forum.
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me. 

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Game Moderator + Community Moderator

// Locked Moved to Archive

Archived