moderation team

"RICKY"

Hey there trucker!

I am not really sure that i can agree that the team itself has issues.

but i will try and explain how i believe it works (bare with me because i have no interaction with the team nor do i ensure that the stated infomation here are true. I am ONLY assuming)

A typical day for a player with the max of what i assume will be around 20-30 tickets (my older profile had alot of tickets available as more than 95% was approved)

so basically you as 1 player can send in 30 reports, while the servers contains a daily playerbase of around 3-4.000+ players. If you calculate that amount of reports per player, then you will end up with a really explosive amount of tickets. And i assume that there is about 38% of the community that are actually using the website for reports. (Not many knows that you can use it, or is not using it because they do not want to bother with uploading videos and all that)

So let us assume that 50 players are adding 20 reports. Then a GM has to go through EACH one of them. Take a decision and react for an eventually appeal ticket, while the reports are flying in.

Let us then say that 10 gms are right now working on tickets, 15 are reacting on appeal tickets, beside watching other reports. My calculation may be wrong and numbers may not be accurate, but i can assume that they are working super hard to keep a flow running.

Let us not forget to mention, that they have to be "on-duty" in-game aswell.

How many reports would you think you alone could do in a day, beside your IRL work, family or friends, or in-game moderation?

I hope this gave you a better idea of how i believe the things are working. And again. i cannot state that this is how they are working, i am only assuming!

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like everyone else has said, there is a lot of things could fix this. As they've opened up Game Moderation Applications. Though, this may help short-term wise. As someone else said on this topic. It would be helpful to have a report limit to cap-out at. That way people can't spam, and report unnecessary reports about ridiculous things. Though, we can't control the report response length. However, we can respect that it's a hefty job, and requires a professional individual to make decisions upon someone. So, let's attempt to be more patient, as they're short taking on multiple roles within the community, and some departments not even having proper staffing. ❤️

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

I would assume that every single one of us is aware that people nowadays would rather been shown or let someone guide them as to what do to, instead of doing the best thing, read the Knowledge Base!!

So here is my 2 cents on this topic after reading every single one.

1)  Having a CAP on web reports -

Now, even though the amount of web reports increases in line with the amount of successful web reports made by the user, I would suggest a CAP of 15 per month, yes people are on most days, some or not, I would say 15 is a nice figure for all, however, can I just ask, are the users using this feature for every little offence?

2) Suggest the Game Moderator and Social Media Teams both get together and create a video of what to actually report on the website (i.e Most dangerous offences) -

First of all - Yes I am totally aware that the website can be rendered for every little single ram as that is what it is there for, however, I would like to believe that only reporting on the website the most serious offences will greatly improve the responsiveness and less-wasted time for the Report/Game Mods.  A visual representation of what to report in-game / against what to report online in my eyes would help everyone.  There is without a doubt, someone will or does take every single little thing at heart, and would make a whole 2 sided A4 page document, just for a scratch on their truck, is it worth it? Heck no.. should they use the in-game report tool?  Heck yes... Although there is less time for this kind of report, it is one that can be seen quicker and dealt with easily.  Click, Report and Go, that is it, job done, move on.

So in conclusion, I would say, CAP the web reports at 15 per user and Utilize the web reporting system wisely along with a short video representing this.

Hi Ricky,
How are you?

I have to agree with you on some issues, namely the high response time to reports through the website.
However, as you mentioned above, all the team are mere volunteers who just want to help the TMP community (except for the developer), so almost or even all have a "first life" beyond TMP and I also think that when they get rid of that "first life" they have the right to go and relax, be it playing games, watching a series, etc.
Not wanting to go on too long, let me just say, that, the community can also help the whole GM team in this case, to reduce the reports either in-game or, on the website, I hear some stories from GM team members that have no reason to be made... By reducing some reports, the moderators have time for other reports.

Regards ❤️

VASCO SANTOS

JVT LOGÍSTICA

10 hours ago, Agricultor [PT] said:

Olá Ricky,
tudo bem?

Tenho de concordar consigo em algumas questões, nomeadamente o elevado tempo de resposta às denúncias através do website.
No entanto, como você mencionou acima, toda a equipe são meros voluntários que querem apenas ajudar a comunidade TMP (exceto o desenvolvedor), então quase ou até todos têm uma "primeira vida" além do TMP e também acho que quando se livrarem dessa "primeira vida" eles têm o direito de ir e relaxar,
seja jogando, assistindo uma série, etc. neste caso, para reduzir as denúncias seja no jogo ou, no site, ouço algumas histórias de membros da equipe GM que não têm motivos para serem feitas... Ao reduzir algumas denúncias, os moderadores têm tempo para outras denúncias.

Cumprimentos❤️

Hello . 

You are absolutely right, but here are some points. 

How will you be able to reduce the number of reports that are made? Please note that it is also the right of all players to file a complaint about another player who does not follow the TMP rules. 

Maybe you and I will know what are reports that should be made when not, but will many players know!! 

A big hug friend, and good km 

On 03/09/2022 at 09:27, SimmerRyan said:

Eu diria que cada um de nós está ciente de que as pessoas hoje em dia preferem ser mostradas ou deixar alguém orientá-las sobre o que fazer, em vez de fazer a melhor coisa, ler a Base de Conhecimento !!

Então, aqui estão meus 2 centavos sobre este tópico depois de ler cada um.

1) Ter um CAP em relatórios da web -

Agora, mesmo que a quantidade de web reports aumente de acordo com a quantidade de web reports bem sucedidos feitos pelo usuário, eu sugiro um CAP de 15 por mês, sim as pessoas estão na maioria dos dias, alguns ou não, eu diria que 15 é uma boa figura para todos, no entanto, posso apenas perguntar, os usuários estão usando esse recurso para cada pequena ofensa?

2) Sugira que o moderador do jogo e as equipes de mídia social se reúnam e criem um vídeo do que realmente relatar no site (ou seja, ofensas mais perigosas) -

Primeiro de tudo - Sim, estou totalmente ciente de que o site pode ser renderizado para cada pequena memória RAM, pois é para isso que ela existe, no entanto, gostaria de acreditar que apenas relatar no site as ofensas mais graves melhorará muito a capacidade de resposta e menos tempo perdido para os Mods de Relatório/Jogo. Uma representação visual do que relatar no jogo / contra o que relatar online aos meus olhos ajudaria a todos. Não há dúvida, alguém vai ou leva cada coisinha no coração, e faria um documento de página A4 de 2 lados inteiro, apenas para um arranhão em seu caminhão, vale a pena? Heck não .. eles devem usar a ferramenta de relatório no jogo? Claro que sim... Embora haja menos tempo para este tipo de relatório, é aquele que pode ser visto mais rapidamente e tratado facilmente. Click, Report and Go, é isso, trabalho feito, siga em frente.

Então, em conclusão, eu diria: CAP os relatórios da web em 15 por usuário e utilize o sistema de relatórios da web com sabedoria, juntamente com um pequeno vídeo representando isso.

Hello truck driver. 

It may be an idea but let's do some math, TMP has an average of 2500 players per day, we know that not everyone makes reports every day.  So let's make the numbers lower. 1000 players making 1 reports per day gives a total of 15000 reports per month. But for sure the number should be higher still it's a lot of report for the team to read. 

2 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello . 

You are absolutely right, but here are some points. 

How will you be able to reduce the number of reports that are made? Please note that it is also the right of all players to file a complaint about another player who does not follow the TMP rules. 

Maybe you and I will know what are reports that should be made when not, but will many players know!! 

A big hug friend, and good km 

Hello again,
Yes you are completely right, as you said, for us who already play in the TMP community, we know and know how to react in various situations, but the new ones don't.

A big hug ❤️

VASCO SANTOS

JVT LOGÍSTICA

9 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Não consigo reconstruir seu cálculo.

Dado que um mês médio tem 30 dias, 1.000 jogadores criando 1 relatório por dia resulta em 1.000 relatórios por dia ou 30.000 relatórios por mês, não??

Hello.

We were talking about each player making a maximum of 15 reports per month. 

maybe not be so picky on who joins the moderation team my report was sent on the 2nd of sept still hasnt been claimed i have moderation skills behind me but that didnt matter so there u go best things is only maybe report if you really have a guy hits you but doesnt damage your truck then there is no need too

1 hour ago, NoahTheGamer said:

maybe not be so picky on who joins the moderation team my report was sent on the 2nd of sept still hasnt been claimed i have moderation skills behind me but that didnt matter so there u go best things is only maybe report if you really have a guy hits you but doesnt damage your truck then there is no need too

they have to be “picky”, there’s just no other way to do it.

the job isn’t only reviewing reports, it comes with a lot of responsibility.

The community already has a lot of reckless drivers, imagine dealing with a reckless GM?!

that’s why it’s not easy to become a GM, i guess

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I understand that a reporter wishes his report to be dealt with better today than tomorrow. The earlier a perpetrator is taken off the streets, the less harm he can continue to cause.

But see it from this perspective:

each report will eventually be claimed by a report moderator, no matter how long it takes.  If a violation of the rules can be proven with valid evldence, the perpetrator will undergo punishment, dependent on the severity of the violation.

So apply the three R's: Record, Report and Relax.

Be assured you're heard, your report will be claimed and the perpetrator will be dealt with.

In time.

I think that roads without speed limits would be great. There would be no more speeding tickets, and people could drive as fast as they wanted. However, some people argue that without speed limits, there would be more accidents. But I think that if people are driving the same speed, there would be no more accidents than there are now.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:13 PM, richarlson said:

But I think that if people are driving the same speed, there would be no more accidents than there are now.

The faster you drive, the longer it takes your vehicle to come to a complete stop in case of unforeseen circumstances. And you have less time to react, which increases the likeliness of an incident.

?

I think that roads without speed limits would be great. There would be no more speeding tickets, and people could drive as fast as they wanted. However, some people argue that without speed limits, there would be more accidents. But I think that if people are driving the same speed, there would be no more accidents than there are now.

Can you Explain why you are playing a Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation Game?

I've known TruckersMP without speed limits. So I don't need to "think", I know for certain that with more speed, the amount of "accidents" increases exponentially. Which is not great.

And "if people are driving the same speed" is just not possible. Because not everyone wants to drive at 180, 150 or even 110 Km/h. When speeders find players who are driving slower than them, the chance of an incident starts growing. And that chance multiplies with the speed. At 110 Km/h, there's usually time to slow down and it's easy to control the vehicle, at 150 the time is a lot shorter and the control becomes harder, faster than that, crashing is almost a certainty.

9 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

ohh nice going off topic again with the speedlimit ? lets not forget the main topic about moderation team.

As usual, People want unlimited Speed and Destruction, maybe TruckersMP should replace the Airhorns with Miniguns too! And as Ammo they use floating Cows!  ?

On 9/20/2022 at 11:58 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

ohh nice going off topic again with the speedlimit ? lets not forget the main topic about moderation team.

Not really, the user who brought the subject of removing the speed limits seemed to believe that it would lower the number of "accidents" and thus, the number of reports and the workload of the moderation team. The replies were just a way to say how immensely wrong that belief is.

And about applying, we've seen people in this topic that are willing to, even when they can't do it now and won't be able to for months... So it's not so much about being afraid. I believe that the problem with these recruitments could be that many people just send them ignoring the requirements, increasing the workload of recruiters that will have to decline many applications but still have to go through them.

Same thing happens with appeals. I'm pretty sure that over 90% of the appeals are just useless excuses and will be declined but... They have to be dealt with nonetheless, making the moderators waste a time that could be better used solving reports.

13 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Not really, the user who brougnt the subject of removing the speed limits seemed to believe that it would lower the number of "accidents" and thus, the number of reports and the workload of the moderation team. The replies were just a way to say how immensely wrong that belief is.

And about applying, we've seen people in this topic that are willing to, even when they can't do it now and won't be able to for months... So it's not so much about being afraid. I believe that the problem with these recruitments could be that many people just send them ignoring the requirements, increasing the workload of recruiters that will have to decline many applications but still have to go through them.

Same thing happens with appeals. I'm pretty sure that over 90% of the appeals are just useless excuses and will be declined but... They have to be dealt with nonetheless, making the moderators waste a time that could be better used solving reports.

it doesn't actually matter about it, the accidents stay the same whetter we have speedlimit or not. Actually i do believe without speedlimit it will raise the report system even more to be honest. We had that in the past wasn't really successful also.

But furthermore i do understand your point indeed. 

About the appeals from my experience is not that bad that 90% are just useless appeals, some players do actually spend time on there appeal, and of course the same old story about brother,sister and cat that was playing but that become rarely nowadays.

Atleast for me. 

Archived