moderation team

"RICKY"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be able to apply for the next open recruitment

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

6 hours ago, [Polestar]*010*Jeremy. said:

很遗憾地通知您,您已在一年内被禁止,无法申请

您的论坛注册时间很短,也不适用

Yes, I know, but I will try my best. I should be able to

6 hours ago, YZT-HENGYA said:

我应该可以申请下一次公开招聘

come on.

Hello,

interesting to read all the replies.

Moderator work is indeed time consuming job, and if you notice the Truckersmp team topc, you will see lots of chances, cuz you have also consider private lives outside Truckersmp.

We are busy daily with reports, appeals, collecting evidence, and do more stuff in the background. i have been playing since 2014, and i seen a lot of chances in the year also count for reports.

The playerbase is still massive that you can see on the website when the reports are high. many make web reports because those won't time out quickly unlike in game.

The team has grown massively in the years, but yeah in the end we are volunteers who wanna do something back for the community.

anyway i don't want to make this a book xd, just short and simple.

Good luck to anyone who is applying 

Hello Everyone~

I hope to be 12 months old in the next recruitment so I can participate in the recruitment!

I want to add some free time to the rest of the staff

Kind regards,

Bello QAQ

Languages:CHN, EN, FR

Rules         Support     |     Report     |     Feedback     |     Appeal Ban

spacer.png

• Web Developer

Honestly, I don't understand your complaint about "The time it takes for the reports to be read by the team". It is an "issue" I'll probably never understand. Why do some people think that the sooner the report will be reviewed the better. At the end of the day, for you as players, it shouldn't really matter for how long does a report have "New" status. Just file the report, make sure your evidence stays available and call it a day. If your evidence is valid, the reported user get punished anyway.

10 hours ago, Kid Fabi said:

Honestly, I don't understand your complaint about "The time it takes for the reports to be read by the team". It is an "issue" I'll probably never understand. Why do some people think that the sooner the report will be reviewed the better. At the end of the day, for you as players, it shouldn't really matter for how long does a report have "New" status. Just file the report, make sure your evidence stays available and call it a day. If your evidence is valid, the reported user get punished anyway.

I mostly agree with you. At the end of the day they get punished sooner or later.

BUT it's true that the same punishment doesn't have the same effect/impact if given quickly or several days/weeks after the offence. I believe people would feel more bothered/impacted if the punishment was happening while they still have the offence in memory rather than several days/weeks later when they forgot about it.

There is a difference in terms of "educational" impact imo. i.e. imagine you get a ticket for bad/illegal parking. 1st scenario you get the ticket on your windscreen when collecting your vehicle. 2nd scenario you don't get the fine on the windscreen but 3 weeks later by post or email. imo you will learn more from the 1st scenario as you can see exactly what's wrong with your parking and can check/remember exactly the whole context/situation. Plus the instant impact you have. When receiving the fine at home 3 weeks later you might not even remember what happened or not bother anymore because it was a long time ago and the punishment is the same anyway!

9 hours ago, Kid Fabi said:

I never thought so
I know they work hard
They have free time to work on reports
They just have a little time
There are thousands of reports waiting for them to process
How hard they work
So,don't say they are slow to process reports
I want to help them, but I'm not a staff member!

Kind regards,

Bello QAQ

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

I mostly agree with you. At the end of the day they get punished sooner or later.

BUT it's true that the same punishment doesn't have the same effect/impact if given quickly or several days/weeks after the offence. I believe people would feel more bothered/impacted if the punishment was happening while they still have the offence in memory rather than several days/weeks later when they forgot about it. ?

No matter how long, even if it's a long time, then we have to wait, because, they don't know when they will be able to process the report we publish, they don't just have a job in Truckers MP, they have a job in real time, they are processing The report will not omit any mistakes, so it will take a long time, I hope you wait, because they are very hard

Kind regards,

Bello QAQ

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Bello QAQ said:

No matter how long, even if it's a long time, then we have to wait, because, they don't know when they will be able to process the report we publish, they don't just have a job in Truckers MP, they have a job in real time, they are processing The report will not omit any mistakes, so it will take a long time, I hope you wait, because they are very hard

I don't think I said something will be omitted or the punishment would be different if reports are processed several days/weeks later.

I'm just explaining the difference in impact/result it would have if processed within 1-2 days rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

我不认为我说过会省略某些东西,或者如果报告在几天/几周后完成,惩罚会有所不同。

我只是在解释如果在1-2天内处理而不是更晚处理的影响/结果的差异。

I know, but I want to go into detail

Kind regards,

Bello QAQ

spacer.png

Whilst most of the replies here are true in the fact that the GM's and other Staff are infact doing their best, it's also worth mentioning the reporting party. Alot of the time reports are made by people who spend the whole game-play time, just camming around and  reporting everyone that does not meet their driving standards. If reporting parties did this less, and left the reporting to victims of the incident, then report numbers will drop dramatically and the team will have more time to deal with the bigger issues.

Just my point of view..

21 minutes ago, Midnight Trucker said:

Whilst most of the replies here are true in the fact that the GM's and other Staff are infact doing their best, it's also worth mentioning the reporting party. Alot of the time reports are made by people who spend the whole game-play time, just camming around and  reporting everyone that does not meet their driving standards. If reporting parties did this less, and left the reporting to victims of the incident, then report numbers will drop dramatically and the team will have more time to deal with the bigger issues.

Just my point of view..

Other people on this forum have the same view as you. The question is: are these reports valid or not? Are they reporting real valid offences which are against the TMP rules?

If yes -> I don't see why we should ignore these offences in order to reduce the number of reports. We should find a way to get less offences or we should change the rules.

If no -> this means all these people would have most of their reports rejected. But why would you spend time and energy recording and sending reports if you know that most of them will be rejected?! Doesn't make sense. I don't think people do that.

You would be surprised at the amount of reports that are from people camming up and down roads, for example: C-D Road, I've seen endless videos of people doing just that whilst watching a Moderator streaming, it pains me to say, but if someone is committing an offense of overtaking and cutting someone up so they have to slow down, then wouldn't that be less likely to be punished, a warning is better served for that. On the other hand, if someone commits the offense of repeatedly  ramming and brake checking etc, then yes, that is worth reporting, I just think the victim of the offender should be the one to report, that way, the GM's will have less duplicated reports and then therefor do not have to "decline" a report that has already been dealt. What I'm trying to say, is if 3 people report the same driver, and a GM has already dealt with a 4th report made earlier about the same offense, then the GM's are going to decline them as it's been dealt with.

Personally, I think if you are the victim  of someone's actions, then you as the victim should report it. Whilst it's nice to have a "witness" to it, I don't believe the "witness" should be the one reporting them.

As I said though, it's just my opinion.

And as the GM said above, once a person is reported, they will still be punished when the Mod's get to that report after dealing with hundreds more just like it...

1 hour ago, Midnight Trucker said:

but if someone is committing an offense of overtaking and cutting someone up so they have to slow down, then wouldn't that be less likely to be punished, a warning is better served for that. On the other hand, if someone commits the offense of repeatedly  ramming and brake checking etc, then yes, that is worth reporting

In this scenario, if it only deserves a warning GM will reject the report for this exact same reason: "deserves a warning maximum but not a ban". And you would end up in the situation as described: why would people continue to report things they know would be rejected?!

1 hour ago, Midnight Trucker said:

I just think the victim of the offender should be the one to report, that way, the GM's will have less duplicated reports and then therefor do not have to "decline" a report that has already been dealt. What I'm trying to say, is if 3 people report the same driver, and a GM has already dealt with a 4th report made earlier about the same offense, then the GM's are going to decline them as it's been dealt with.

For repeated small offenses and duplicates I believe (but I don't know how it works behind the scene) GM are taking/assigning reports depending on the combination of 2 info: the name/id of the reported player + the date & time of the offense. If people have reported the same offense or multiple offenses from the same players within 1-3 days I would expect the same GM taking all these offenses, treating them at the same time and giving one single punishment in proportion to the total amount and level of the offenses. Several reports but one punishment. And I doubt people are reporting the same offenses more than 1 week after it happened.

On 23/08/2022 at 23:47, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Olá,

interessante ler todas as respostas.

O trabalho do moderador é de fato um trabalho demorado, e se você notar o topc da equipe Truckersmp, verá muitas chances, porque você também considerou vidas privadas fora do Truckersmp.

Estamos ocupados diariamente com relatórios, apelações, coleta de evidências e fazemos mais coisas em segundo plano. jogo desde 2014, e vi muitas chances no ano também contar para os relatórios.

A base de jogadores ainda é enorme, o que você pode ver no site quando os relatórios são altos. muitos fazem relatórios da web porque eles não expiram rapidamente, ao contrário do jogo.

A equipe cresceu massivamente nos últimos anos, mas sim, no final, somos voluntários que querem fazer algo de volta pela comunidade.

de qualquer forma eu não quero fazer deste um livro xd, apenas curto e simples.

Boa sorte para quem está se candidatando 

thank you very much for your feedback and for your words and good to see the team with its players.

19 hours ago, Midnight Trucker said:

Enquanto a maioria das respostas aqui são verdadeiras no fato de que os GMs e outros Staffs estão de fato fazendo o seu melhor, também vale a pena mencionar a parte do relator. Muitas vezes, os relatórios são feitos por pessoas que passam todo o tempo de jogo, apenas dando cambalhotas e relatando todos que não atendem aos seus padrões de direção. Se os denunciantes fizerem menos isso e deixarem a denúncia para as vítimas do incidente, os números de denúncias cairão drasticamente e a equipe terá mais tempo para lidar com os problemas maiores.

Apenas meu ponto de vista..

you're absolutely right, but it's the way they see the game if it's the right one, probably not. but in the TMP rules there is nothing against it.

In your answer maybe the solution would be to change the rules, which way I don't know. 

But thanks for your reply and opinion.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, "RICKY" said:

Hello everybody. 

The moderation team is one of the most important teams at TMP, without detracting from the others. Right now the moderation team is below expectations and has major problems. 

- The reporting system has been on the rise. Without the team being able to reduce the same. 

- The time it takes for the reports to be read by the team 

In your opinion, what is the reason why everything is happening and what will be the best solution to improve this situation? 

We all know that moderators do the best they can, we also know that everyone is a volunteer on the team.

I also regret how I've seen team members having 2 roles is not the solution to ameliorating the problem the moderation team has right now.

I bet on the formation of new elements for the team and a continuous formation. 

In my real life work experience and past volunteer experience in another community (a couple of years ago), you can't predict how things will go in the future, one of the hardest things to manage, and i still speak from work experience in life real (management of a company department with consequent management of human resources), and in past volunteering experience in another community, are the people.

There are several reasons why this occurs, for example people change over time (often for the worse), the lack of motivation (remember that is "wasted" time / work for free in exchange for nothing), frustration over time, burnout from the "work" for free (this often happens to those who believe / want that working 24 hours a day you automatically reach positions of responsibility in a short time, but this is not the only aspect and not always happen for that reason, ironically, one who works less but has more quality could be chosen instead the working h24 person), there are many other qualities to evaluate, so once they have "finished" the attempt and failed, they leave), conflict of ideas (this could not happen in lower positions, but could happen once you progress with responsabilities), reduced real-life time (remember that it is the world of internet / video games, this should not be the priority over school or work), people who want to do volunteering just to get some "benefits" and once tried all and get bored, they quit, etc ....

As you can see there are a tons of different situations, not listed all ofc, but you have an idea from what i experienced in the past. Do not forget that in addition to the need of more staff, there is a need of time for training from the new guys and the time for those who have to do the training. Then you can't even hire too many people to do this, because you need to have enough staff to check the work done, and for this last figure takes way more time to find the right experienced person to give this responsability, than finding new people to train.

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

On 26/08/2022 at 18:57, _rs_italy_ said:

Na minha experiência de trabalho na vida real e experiência de voluntariado anterior em outra comunidade (alguns anos atrás), você não pode prever como as coisas serão no futuro, uma das coisas mais difíceis de gerenciar, e ainda falo por experiência de trabalho em vida real (gestão de um departamento da empresa com consequente gestão de recursos humanos), e na experiência anterior de voluntariado noutra comunidade, são as pessoas .

Existem várias razões para isso ocorrer, por exemplo as pessoas mudam com o tempo (muitas vezes para pior), a falta de motivação (lembre-se que é "perdido" tempo/trabalho de graça em troca de nada), frustração com o tempo, esgotamento do "trabalhar" de graça (isso acontece muitas vezes com quem acredita/quer que trabalhando 24 horas por dia você alcança automaticamente cargos de responsabilidade em pouco tempo, mas esse não é o único aspecto e nem sempre acontece por esse motivo, ironicamente, um quem trabalha menos mas tem mais qualidade pode ser escolhido em vez da pessoa que trabalha h24), há muitas outras qualidades a avaliar, então uma vez que "terminaram" a tentativa e falharam, vão embora), conflito de ideias (isso não poderia acontecer em posições mais baixas, mas pode acontecer assim que você progride com responsabilidades),tempo de vida real reduzido (lembre-se que é o mundo da internet / videogames, isso não deve ser a prioridade sobre a escola ou o trabalho), pessoas que querem fazer voluntariado apenas para obter alguns "benefícios" e uma vez tentaram de tudo e se cansam , eles desistem, etc ....

Como você pode ver, existem muitas situações diferentes, não listadas todas, mas você tem uma ideia do que eu experimentei no passado. Não se esqueça que além da necessidade de mais pessoal, há a necessidade de tempo para treinamento dos novos caras e tempo para quem tem que fazer o treinamento. Então você não pode nem contratar muitas pessoas para fazer isso, porque você precisa ter pessoal suficiente para verificar o trabalho feito, e para este último número leva muito mais tempo para encontrar a pessoa certa e experiente para dar essa responsabilidade, do que encontrar novos pessoas para treinar.

Hello 

I totally agree with you, it's not easy to find good and responsible people, but to find them we have to be short-term and well-educated and try and motivate the best. 

Without that we will always not have a good team. 

Archived