moderation team

"RICKY"

Hello everybody. 

The moderation team is one of the most important teams at TMP, without detracting from the others. Right now the moderation team is below expectations and has major problems. 

- The reporting system has been on the rise. Without the team being able to reduce the same. 

- The time it takes for the reports to be read by the team 

In your opinion, what is the reason why everything is happening and what will be the best solution to improve this situation? 

We all know that moderators do the best they can, we also know that everyone is a volunteer on the team.

I also regret how I've seen team members having 2 roles is not the solution to ameliorating the problem the moderation team has right now.

I bet on the formation of new elements for the team and a continuous formation. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know that the moderation team does its best and we also know that the entire team are volunteers. But as we see the problem continues.

I also believe that having staff with 2 positions is not the solution, because they won't be able to concentrate on their work, it's like having 2 jobs at the same time. 

I believe that through the training of new staff and their continuous training we could improve. 

Hello!

Indeed, the moderation team does its best to process the reports and indeed, the time to process the various reports can be long.

In my opinion, more personnel are needed in the moderation team.

Afterwards, I would like to point out that during holiday periods, TruckersMP staff is surely smaller than outside holiday periods, which is rather logical.

Remember: More staff in the moderation team, even if more staff requires more training and therefore more staff for the training of new moderators.

Driver on TruckersMP since 2018.

7 minutes ago, BloomFriendly said:

Olá!

De fato, a equipe de moderação faz o possível para processar os relatórios e, de fato, o tempo para processar os vários relatórios pode ser longo.

Na minha opinião, mais pessoal é necessário na equipe de moderação.

Depois, gostaria de salientar que durante os períodos de férias, o staff da TruckersMP é seguramente menor do que fora dos períodos de férias, o que é bastante lógico.

Lembre-se: Mais funcionários na equipe de moderação, mesmo que mais funcionários exija mais treinamento e, portanto, mais funcionários para o treinamento de novos moderadores.

yes, you are absolutely right in vacation time things get worse, but we are aware that there is The problem is not new, it's been coming back at least since April. 

It seems to me that the people handling the reports are the moderators of the reports. When we go to the TruckersMP team page, we can see that there are only three people who are moderating the report.

I think that may be the problem, a lack of staff in the report moderating team.

What do you think?

Driver on TruckersMP since 2018.

They are doing their best in my opinion. If someone does not follow rules of TMP, we just should create a report and relax a bit. They always check our report and accept/decline them. The process sometimes can be slow due to some reason. That’s so normal ? 

Additionally more people are not a solution for Game Moderator Team. Managing people is not easy and it has many sub-dimensin. 

Game review interns are recruiting from September 1 to September 17

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

13 minutes ago, Peeters Pyatrow said:

Eles estão fazendo o seu melhor na minha opinião. Se alguém não seguir as regras do TMP , devemos apenas criar um relatório e relaxar um pouco. Eles sempre verificam nosso relatório e os aceitam/recusam. O processo às vezes pode ser lento devido a algum motivo. Isso é tão normal? 

Além disso, mais pessoas não são uma solução para a equipe de moderadores de jogos. Gerenciar pessoas não é fácil e tem muitas subdimensões. 

without a doubt I believe that they are doing the best they can. But the reporting system has been on the rise for many months. 

Yes, you're also right, managing a team is not an easy job and it has many aspects, but that's where we see if we have the ability to manage a team or not. 

Example if a workplace has more orders what do we do? We hire more employees. For customers to be happy.  

If the moderation team has more work in my opinion, they should find a solution. 

I think the reason there is a massive backlog of reports and reports being ignored due to the cooldown because of too many people sending in reports in the first place. Most of these reports are meaningless and don't show much.

Now while hiring more game moderators is a solution, it's only a temporary one and doesn't consider whether some moderators might leave. Therefore, my suggestion to possibly rectifying this problem is to implement a report limit like TruckersMP have done to the web reports. That way if the person has sent too many reports, they won't be allowed to send any more. If any of these reports are denied, they lose one reporting slot to the point where they are not permitted to report anyone. That might overall stop people from sending in troll reports.

banner

47 minutes ago, ash.exe said:

Eu acho que a razão pela qual há um enorme acúmulo de relatórios e relatórios sendo ignorados devido ao cooldown por causa de muitas pessoas enviando relatórios em primeiro lugar. A maioria desses relatórios não tem sentido e não mostra muito.

Agora, embora a contratação de mais moderadores de jogo seja uma solução, é apenas temporária e não considera se alguns moderadores podem sair. Portanto, minha sugestão para possivelmente corrigir esse problema é implementar um limite de relatório como o TruckersMP fez com os relatórios da web. Dessa forma, se a pessoa tiver enviado muitos relatórios, ela não poderá enviar mais. Se qualquer uma dessas denúncias for negada, eles perdem um slot de denúncia até o ponto em que não podem denunciar ninguém. Isso pode impedir as pessoas de enviar relatórios de trolls.

Hi, thanks in advance for your feedback. 

I agree and disagree with you, losing slotslot we already lost 10 at the beginning of the year the limit was 30 now it is 20, how do you know if the report will be accepted or not?  

I can tell you that from moderator to moderator they have their way of seeing the same report, one may ban and the other may not. 

1 hour ago, "RICKY" said:

I can tell you that from moderator to moderator they have their way of seeing the same report, one may ban and the other may not. 

While we do allow certain discretion when it comes to issuing bans, we still have an internal punishment standard that we expect to be followed at all times. 

I can assure you, it is unlikely that a declined report would have been accepted by another member of our Game Moderation Team.

Having lost your 10 "report slots" is therefore not likely our fault.

1 hour ago, "RICKY" said:

I agree and disagree with you, losing slotslot we already lost 10 at the beginning of the year the limit was 30 now it is 20, how do you know if the report will be accepted or not?  

Usually when it comes to losing reporting privileges, it happens mainly if the reporter sends poor reports. Regarding the question on whether they will know whether it is accepted: This is a little difficult to implement but maybe a notification could show on the TMP website to show their report statuses. 

And regarding the last point (assuming I haven't misunderstood), the perpetrator can only be reported once at a time so if there is a duplicate report, it won't be sent. TMP i believe already has this part implemented to the mod. 

banner

Honestly, it's hard to come up with any solution to the current situation. 

In my opinion, the problem of "hanging submissions" may be the small or insufficiently available moderating staff. But that does not, of course, justify the people who generate tons of reports without supporting them with relevant evidence. Remember that each recording, regardless of its length, is reviewed by a moderator, which already extends the time. Maybe the introduction of "restrictions" on reports would be a solution? For example, the time limit of the video (clear message that players should trim the evidence, because the moderator, for example, will only watch the first 15/20 seconds of the video). Certainly, a larger number of people examining applications will also be useful. This is never enough, and the more, the faster each application will be processed. We don't know what moderator activity is currently like, if everyone is passively applying and actively considering reports. 

TruckersMP Driver & Patron

Author of DBus Line Creator 

3 hours ago, LetiFreshi said:

Embora permitamos certa discrição quando se trata de emitir banimentos, ainda temos um padrão interno de punição que esperamos que seja seguido em todos os momentos. 

Posso garantir que é improvável que uma denúncia recusada tenha sido aceita por outro membro de nossa equipe de moderação de jogos.

Ter perdido seus 10 "slots de relatório" provavelmente não é culpa nossa.

Thank you in advance for your feedback. 

I can say that 2 reports with the same situation equal 1 was accepted and another rejected. It was only accepted after opening the feedback. 

Now maybe you can help me if possible. Previously each player had 30 report slots and now we only have 20 is that correct? 

8 minutes ago, Fadex [PL] said:

Honestamente, é difícil encontrar uma solução para a situação atual. 

Na minha opinião, o problema das "submissões suspensas" pode ser a equipe de moderadores pequena ou insuficientemente disponível. Mas isso não justifica, é claro, as pessoas que geram toneladas de relatórios sem apoiá-los com evidências relevantes. Lembre-se que cada gravação, independente de sua duração, é analisada por um moderador, o que já estende o tempo. Talvez a introdução de "restrições" nos relatórios seja uma solução? Por exemplo, o limite de tempo do vídeo (mensagem clara de que os jogadores devem cortar as provas, pois o moderador, por exemplo, só assistirá os primeiros 15/20 segundos do vídeo). Certamente, um número maior de pessoas examinando aplicativos também será útil. Isso nunca é suficiente, e quanto mais, mais rápido cada solicitação será processada. Nós Don' 

Undoubtedly, it would be a good idea. 

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Poder servir a comunidade em dois papéis diferentes torna a equipe mais dinâmica. Se a carga de trabalho for baixa em uma função, eles atendem à outra.

Thanks for the feedback, maybe it's good or bad, in my point of view the staff will focus on 2 things at the same time, will they be able to do their "obligation" correctly? 

3 hours ago, ash.exe said:

Normalmente, quando se trata de perder os privilégios de reportar, isso acontece principalmente se o relator enviar reportagens ruins. Em relação à pergunta sobre se eles saberão se é aceito: Isso é um pouco difícil de implementar, mas talvez uma notificação possa aparecer no site do TMP para mostrar o status do relatório. 

E em relação ao último ponto (supondo que eu não tenha entendido mal), o agressor só pode ser denunciado uma vez por vez, então se houver um relatório duplicado, ele não será enviado. TMP acredito que já tenha essa parte implementada no mod. 

Sorry, I misunderstood. 

For that the TMP should find a system, which maybe could only report once at a time maybe through the TMP id !!!!

could be an idea 

13 minutes ago, Peeters Pyatrow said:

Veteran Drivers will be able to make positive or negative reputations about the reports with this system. When a report has many positive reputation, the system will give an appropriate punishment who does not follow the rules.

I feel like this is also similar to League of Legends "Tribunal" system where anyone can vote whether to pardon or punish a member of the community, until they do get punished/pardoned by the average votes along with having cooldowns and limits to the votes they have. This sort of system I believe worked really well but was removed. 

I believe a pardon/punish system could be put in a way where drivers have at least 5 votes a day and get to decide whether the report should be sent to the game mods or if it shouldn't. However, I feel this system may not work as too many drivers around here are veterans and have been on ETS2 for a while. It may also be abused quite easily. Sadly I'm against this, but I do like this concept.

banner

8 minutes ago, ash.exe said:

Eu sinto que isso também é semelhante ao sistema "Tribunal" de League of Legends, onde qualquer pessoa pode votar para perdoar ou punir um membro da comunidade, até que seja punido / perdoado pela média de votos, além de ter cooldowns e limites para os votos Eles têm. Esse tipo de sistema, acredito, funcionou muito bem, mas foi removido. 

Acredito que um sistema de perdão/punição poderia ser colocado de forma que os motoristas tenham pelo menos 5 votos por dia e possam decidir se o relatório deve ser enviado para os mods do jogo ou se não deve. No entanto, sinto que esse sistema pode não funcionar, pois muitos motoristas por aqui são veteranos e estão no ETS2 há algum tempo. Também pode ser abusado com bastante facilidade. Infelizmente eu sou contra isso, mas eu gosto desse conceito.

Yes, the concept is good for the players to decide, but there is one point that we have to take into account, certain VTCs here at TMP have many registered players if that VTC asks their players. For all elements to vote for pardon would be unfair. 

44 minutes ago, Peeters Pyatrow said:

I just can say that developers of TMP can add a system like the report system of CSGO.

Veteran Drivers will be able to make positive or negative reputations about the reports with this system. When a report has many positive reputation, the system will give an appropriate punishment who does not follow the rules.

I agree with that. Experienced players could have access to the page where they would get links to videos and decide whether the player should be punished or not. Whether or not the penalty would be given could be decided by the number of votes (eg 50 opinions from different players are required and 90% must vote in favor. If the votes were even, then the application would go to the moderator. 

TruckersMP Driver & Patron

Author of DBus Line Creator 

9 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I believe that they already found it:

08.22.2022-11.38.56

Hello Fellow Truckers,

Your answer is quoted above, just apply whenever it’s open, and we’ll see if you can make a difference.

Honestly, for the last couple of months most of your discussions or topics are about the moderation team.

I really do hope your application gets accepted buddy.

And now imagine if everyone stopped reporting every little thing that happens in game, the load on the report system wouldn’t be that high.

Imagine if everyone decided to be the “mature” one ingame, and let go small situations.

Imagine if report hunters stopped reporting everything near or at the busiest roads such as C-D or the Alps.

The moderation team is doing an excellent work in my opinion, they are taking care of thousands of reports, which takes time of course.

As i said in one of your previous posts/topics about the moderation team/report system, as long as you can keep enjoying TruckersMp after you made a report, to me is all good.

If one day, while making a report, if i’m not able to play until the team takes action about my report, then i will be the first to create a topic about it?

Till then, enjoy the community, report if needed, move on, and let the guys do the job 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

18 minutes ago, _The Witcher_ said:

Hello Fellow Truckers,

Your answer is quoted above, just apply whenever it’s open, and we’ll see if you can make a difference.

Honestly, for the last couple of months most of your discussions or topics are about the moderation team.

I really do hope your application gets accepted buddy.

And now imagine if everyone stopped reporting every little thing that happens in game, the load on the report system wouldn’t be that high.

Imagine if everyone decided to be the “mature” one ingame, and let go small situations.

Imagine if report hunters stopped reporting everything near or at the busiest roads such as C-D or the Alps.

The moderation team is doing an excellent work in my opinion, they are taking care of thousands of reports, which takes time of course.

As i said in one of your previous posts/topics about the moderation team/report system, as long as you can keep enjoying TruckersMp after you made a report, to me is all good.

If one day, while making a report, if i’m not able to play until the team takes action about my report, then i will be the first to create a topic about it?

Till then, enjoy the community, report if needed, move on, and let the guys do the job 

thanks for your feedback. 

So I will respond to your comment, most likely I will not apply. 

Life has taught me that pats on the back are just for sanding. 

I'm one of those people who say and speak in front of everyone, and I think we learn and grow more with criticism than with false words just to look good in front of everyone. 

Would you change something within the TMP if you could? for sure 

Archived