Carelessness of car drivers

farshad78

Since I started using the multiplayer system, the thought that I have stood behind the most was that it was absurd to have passenger vehicles other than trucks.
I always thought and emphasized that at worst it should be a tool that only game authorities can access.

With the increasing number of players recently, the reckless use of passenger cars and the troll rate have increased a lot. Of course, using such tools can be enjoyable. Although I do not have a word for the players who drive carefully and have a pleasant journey, it is impossible not to get really angry when I see people who drive such vehicles impatiently and unconsciously as if they are racing. This is a critical issue in game welfare that needs to be resolved.

Bans don't solve behavioral issues.

For example, if passenger cars were removed from the game, trucks would be used instead.

Therefore the goal mustn't be more restrictions but instead education and patience.

Bans shouldn't be understood solely as a time-out from the game, but rather as a chance to reflect about ones own (mis)behavior and possible ways to improve oneself.

How can TruckersMP fullfill this need? ?

Players affected by a ban need to deal with an answer to the questions why they think they were banned, if they think the ban is deserved (and why yes or no), and why they think they should be allowed to return to the game. All in all, questions which makes the player face their fear of admitting being wrong, accept being imperfect, and understand how to grow from it.

Just thinking aloud.

Yeah accurate with my experience in-game in TruckrsMP lol. The car acceleration is also to blame it's INSANE if you don't have a pedals I don't even know how you can effectively manage the acceleration. But a lot of car drivers I feel that are trolls as they don't have an actual goal but just drive around where there's a lot of trucks and squeeze in and skip traffic etc. 

spacer.png

I cannot agree to this statement.
The Scout Extra_D used to be way more powerful than trucks (Veteran players will probably know) - and it is now compareable performance-wise with an unloaded truck. I have noticed that some trucks have even quicker acceleration than the Scout, so it really is bad now.

However, I do not see any vehicle part of the problem. Its the driver. There's a small term, called PEBKAC. Problem exists between keyboard and chair. If the scout wouldn't exist, people would just stick to the more performant VOLVO and SCANIA Trucks in order to ram players. The problem lays here on the users and currently, as you can see, even with longer duration punishments issued by staff, some keep ramming others. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure this is a problem we won't be able to get rid of, since there are various players intentionally creating new accounts to keep ramming others.

Personally, I don't think nerfing even more the maximum performance of the car will solve problems. TruckersMP used to have no global speed-limiter in the old servers and we are now with a global 110 km/h speed-limiter with the same issues. If we were to enforce the speedlimits with a limiter, trucks would drive 60 km/h in e.g. Germany's country roads and trolls would abuse the Scout allowed to drive 100 km/h to ram players.

If we all were to stick to the road rules better, it would be a general more convenient experience for everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived