Why Calais a lot of people

LK-196-scrow

• 2 weeks later...

There are two reasons for this.

1- Calais is a city with both a train station and a port. You can travel to the UK via these means of transport.

2- One of the cities of the Calais-Duisburg route, which used to be a difficult road for the first players to play. People driving on this road are resting in these cities and driving the same route again. They use these cities as a chat stop while resting. As a matter of fact, these cities are now city-sized pub places rather than a normal city.

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

On 9/23/2022 at 2:54 PM, Tσmmy said:

There are two reasons for this.

1- Calais is a city with both a train station and a port. You can travel to the UK via these means of transport.

2- One of the cities of the Calais-Duisburg route, which used to be a difficult road for the first players to play. People driving on this road are resting in these cities and driving the same route again. They use these cities as a chat stop while resting. As a matter of fact, these cities are now city-sized pub places rather than a normal city.

Very good summary. Mostly Calais being a hotspot of many things is the reason.

Ex-Community Moderator

On 23/09/2022 at 13:54, Tσmmy said:

Há duas razões para isso.

1- Calais é uma cidade com estação de trem e porto. Você pode viajar para o Reino Unido através desses meios de transporte.

2- Uma das cidades da rota Calais-Duisburg, que costumava ser um caminho difícil para os primeiros jogadores jogarem. As pessoas que dirigem nesta estrada estão descansando nessas cidades e dirigindo pela mesma rota novamente. Eles usam essas cidades como uma parada de bate-papo enquanto descansam. Na verdade, essas cidades são agora pubs do tamanho de uma cidade, em vez de uma cidade normal.

????

Yes without a doubt that Calais is the gateway to the UK but we see few players entering there. ??

On 9/28/2022 at 10:19 AM, blabberbeak said:

If you seriously think the road between Duisburg and Calais has an interesting stretch, I recommend to start exploring the rest of the map.

You'd be surprised what an interesting stretch of a road can look like. ?

The map is fantastic. I just hope the chaos will limite itself just to calais and duisburg.

Ex-Community Moderator

• Youtubers want content.
  • Staff want reports. Ramming + Blocking + Reckless is like a 1 month ban.
  • The population wants a short route between 2 cities, no tolls, and no paid dlc's.

No content means no "Idiots on The Road".

No reports means staff has free time on their hands and players are behaving.

Shorter routes mean some form of income from all the repair bills that are incurred.

Idk who was the first to make it popular. CD is Europort's child. Probably my last video in October 2016 (6 years ago) before CD took off.

Then in 2017, seems like it took off.

How to deal with CD? You don't. Avoid it if you have a potato pc. Or have an event that uses the full map.

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived