What's the difference between the in-game report system and the website report system?

Hawkieee

Question

Hello everyone!

There are two report systems for TruckersMP: in-game report system and website report system.

For the in-game report system, you only have to make some simple clicks and it's done. But for the website report system things are much more complicated.

From the admins' side I think it's somehow the same. I have seen in a couple of compilation videos that admins can see a perfect playback of the accidents.

Since I haven't played on TruckersMP for a long time, here are a few questions about these two systems that I would like to ask:

1. If admins can see the playback in-game, which is actually better than the recorded video, why and when do we need online report systems?

( My two guessings: when not many admins are online, or when the perpetrator fled so we couldn't click on the truck. )

2. Reports by which system are often reviewed earlier? Reports by which system are more likely to be accepted?

Please leave your ideas or answers below!

• Like 1

16 answers to this question

So the in game report system works by saving the data of what happened when you reported someone. That means that i as a moderator can look at that evidence and move around in it and look at everything. But since that evidence is stored on the server, we dont have an unlimited amount of space and so there can only be a certain amount of reports on the server. So sometimes the reports will time out and get deleted if no moderator has looked at it for a while. This will happen quite often since there is a lot of people on the servers. And since we as moderators can always be on the server to check every single report, that means that some of them will time out and no action will be taken on the report. And so you cant always be sure that a moderator sees your report if its made on the in game system.

The website report system requites you as a player to record your gameplay and then upload that recording to something like youtube and then add that youtube video to the website report. You then also add the Truckers MP ID of the perpetrator in the evidence and some other information. And then its put into the web report system. This reports never gets timed out and will stay there until a moderator looks at it. And so you can always be sure that if you have made a web report with evidence, a moderator will look at it and will take the correct action on the report. So if you really want someone banned for something they did, you should use the web report system. So we always recommend that you record your gameplay and that you use the web report system.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • HaulieLove 1

22 minutes ago, Hawkieee said:

From the admins' side I think it's somehow the same. I have seen in a couple of compilation videos that admins can see a perfect playback of the accidents.

Only the in-game report system provides a playback function for the game moderator.

The web report system requires the reporting player to provide the perpetrators ID and valid evidence of a rule viiolation in the form of video or screenshot, depending on the type of violation.

The web report system usually takes more time to fill out, but it doesn't have a time-out and will be claimed eventually by a  game/ report moderator.

• Upvote 1

It will be very tiring for them to watch the in-game recordings and record them one by one. That's why the WEB report system has a great meaning both in ensuring the in-game order and in helping the authorities.

Although the in-game report is effective from time to time, I think that using the Web report system leads to a more effective, appropriate and clear result.

In game is there if you need support immediately, but their is usually high demand so you will not get someone to help you when you need it.

Website is there when you see a violation that needs to be seen by the admin staff regardless. This usually means a serious infraction or two happened and punishment needs to get served.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2022 at 10:35 AM, Hawkieee said:

Hello everyone!

There are two report systems for TruckersMP: in-game report system and website report system.

For the in-game report system, you only have to make some simple clicks and it's done. But for the website report system things are much more complicated.

Since I haven't played on TruckersMP for a long time, here are a few questions about these two systems that I would like to ask:

1. If admins can see the playback in-game, which is actually better than the recorded video, why and when do we need online report systems?

( My two guessings: when not many admins are online, or when the perpetrator fled so we couldn't click on the truck. )

2. Reports by which system are often reviewed earlier? Reports by which system are more likely to be accepted?

Please leave your ideas or answers below!

You are in the most safe side with record video and report it in website. I do it all time if im driving in the online and i don't feels good to let them go after that they hiting us or reckless driving so they never learn their faults. I will say record it while you playing online so you don't feels getting destoryed by reckless players

I have never seen a player i was try to click report in game and they still not get catch 

So I would definitely say that the website report system is better. 

Although it's a little more complicated, the added bonus is that you are able to re-watch your recording.

From this, you can decide whether the perpetrator is 100% to blame, or whether a little bit of what's happened is your fault. For example, did you stop? or did you carry on driving full speed at them as they drove towards you? 

Then, you can decide whether to report, or hold off due to your actions. After all, you wouldn't want to snitch on yourself? I've seen it happen a few times to some of my friends. 

With the in-game system, you're not able to re-watch the situation. 

Plus, as others said, in-game system times out. 

Hope this helps!

I would eliminate the in game report system, it is not as efficient as the web report system and gives a headache and unnecessary extra work to the moderators. Even if you play on a low-end PC, there are many lightweight softwares, or built in the drivers of your gpu to record a clip of a few seconds, no excuses. There are no excuses for a web report to be unseen, so for me the in game report system it's just an extra work and load to the system, not necessary.

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

If you report submitted in the game has not been viewed by the Game moderator for a long time, will be deleted after timeout. But all reports on the website will be processed. So the website report is the most effective way! Game moderators can't be online all the time, they have their own work to do. Usually I choose to record a video and then report it on the website.

• Awesome! 1

Hello,

Thank you very much for the confirmation! I am glad to hear that your problem has been solved.

Therefore, I will close this topic and move it to the "Solved" section.

If you have any additional questions or problems regarding TruckersMP in the future, then please do not hesitate to create a new topic.

Thanks to everyone who assisted here!

Kind regards,

Cute Fast

TruckersMP Support

//Topic closed and moved to Solved.

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------
v5UcIVb.pngZZdd5tf.png

Languages/Diller: 1f1f9-1f1f7.png  (primary) /   1f1fa-1f1f8.png 1f1e9-1f1ea.png

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report