Why is the server called Simulation 1?

Dutch1984

As the title says, why is it called Simulation 1, when there is no simulation at all?

-110km/h is not simulation.

-Ignoring every traffic rule without consequences is not simulation.

Why let players turn off rest/fines/speedlimiter if you want to make it a simulation. Now it's just arcade with collision?

The only enforced rule is turning your lights on at night atm?

The Simulation is starting with you! I am also prefer the Simulation Gameplay, so i have enabled my Speedlimiter, my Fines and driving with a Low Spec Truck around, even in high populated Areas.  I have disable the Sleeping Simulation, cause of game stability issues on my side. Just keep in Mind, not all Players having a real Driving License and even when they have, there a still differences between the Countrys and their style of Driving.

My Tip, keep your Simulation Gameplay, stay calm, obey the Rules and ignore, as far as possible, the reckless drivers. I doing this the whole Time and in Case there is some Trouble,  i have a recording in the background running!

Unfortunately, this is at the Moment the only Way to play TruckersMP. You can avoid the populated Areas and counting the Tumbleweeds bushes that crossing the road on your way, or you are driving inside the more populated area with all the Risk!

And you are right, technically it is Arcade with Collision and 110 Speed Limiter. No offence against the Moderation Team, i know you working hard on the "Paperwork" that is still growing!

Simulation is just a broad term, the game wants to bring us fun, I don't think it is necessary to take it too seriously

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho

I agree with you @Dutch1984.

"Simulation" servers on TMP are not clearly simulation. Like you told there is an arcade server with collision. (except the fact that you can't go more than 110 kph).

In principale, it would be better to have a real simulation server with all the simulation situations, cause we have an arcade server where people can do what they want. Where is the real simulation on TMP ? I dont know, like you and like many ppl.

@Dutch1984 Quote: "Why let players turn off rest/fines/speedlimiter if you want to make it a simulation. Now it's just arcade with collision?"

I think making a real full sim server with all the rules applied, would be not much popular (that tells something already ?), that's why they chose to follow that route, wich is a compromise, even leaving a lot of choice to the players, currently it's like 85% arcade and 15% simulation (The only thing that can be related to being a simulation server (if we ignore the rules wich is a logic consequence of collisions being on), it's the collision on and the speed limited to 110, the rest of settings it's up to the players), so calling it simulation it's really optimistic ?, so i agree with you.

Increasing the speed even a bit would not change much in my opinion because at the end of the day, if someone can't control the truck at 110 and crash, they would do it even at higher speeds. How many players drive that fast (for now 110) even having troubles with judging/decision making causing crashes? A lot. If you want a sim experience you turn on the speed limiter at your own, others could be free to go faster than 110, if not everywhere at least in the highways.

Another thing about the speed in ETS2 it's the feeling of it, going 110 feels like going 70, i think this is why a lot of players asking for that.

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

6 hours ago, _rs_italy_ said:

@Dutch1984

Another thing about the speed in ETS2 it's the feeling of it, going 110 feels like going 70, i think this is why a lot of players asking for that.

You can change the Field Of View (FOV) and max it out, then change your Seat Position to full Back via the F4-Key Ingame Options! With this Setup (Fisheye View) there will be even 20 Kph looking like you driving with the Speed of Light! ?

2 hours ago, Fummelprinz said:

You can change the Field Of View (FOV) and max it out, then change your Seat Position to full Back via the F4-Key Ingame Options! With this Setup (Fisheye View) there will be even 20 Kph looking like you driving with the Speed of Light! ?

Yes I tried it already couple of times, but it's too weird and i don't feel comfortable driving with those settings, maybe with the future new engine we will get a better feeling

I've been trucking IRL for almost 15 years now, and it doesn's supposed to feel fast. Every >legal< truck in Europe can't go faster then 90 km/h, and most are limited to 85 km/h. 

And you dont need to go faster ingame for any reason, as you always get plenty of time for jobs.

Im asking why the speedlimit is already 20 km/h to high, and your suggestion is to make it even higher... This might not be the game for you, go play Need For Speed or Forza???

21 minutes ago, Dutch1984 said:

I've been trucking IRL for almost 15 years now, and it doesn's supposed to feel fast. Every >legal< truck in Europe can't go faster then 90 km/h, and most are limited to 85 km/h. 

And you dont need to go faster ingame for any reason, as you always get plenty of time for jobs.

Im asking why the speedlimit is already 20 km/h to high, and your suggestion is to make it even higher... This might not be the game for you, go play Need For Speed or Forza???

You cannot compare real life to a game. It's like comparing a girl with a doll, make no sense, you can simulate the aspect of it, but it will never be the same.

I don't play need for speed or forza, but thanks for your suggestion. You can drive just at 90 km/h if you want, but don't force your view on others, i respect your view and you should respect the others, i know which games are for me, thanks again for your analyses. Also dont' forget that even if it's a simulator, it's still a game, so the aim it's to have fun as much as possible and as much people as possible ? You have fun going 90, good; others have fun going faster, good. 2 goods better than just 1 ?.

I can assure you that if they do a server with speed capped at 90 it would be dead.

My suggestion it's more specifically for the highways since they are dead and it's a pain doing long jobs. Indeed if i want to do longer jobs i do it in single player because it feels alive, it's way different, and even going slower it's a good experience. 

@Dutch1984,

your question makes perfect sense considering the limitations of the server and some players driving behavior.

Between you and me, road traffic always contains chaos to a certain degree and unpredictable situations, which improve realism.

But I support @Fummelprinz statement: simulation starts with you.

Independent of the server, you can always choose to drive realistic and the degree of realism. The possibilites are literally endless!

I wish there would be a Simulation Server with following Rules and Settings:

- No Player driven Cars, only Trucks and Busses!

- 90 kph Speed Limit!

- Limited Slots 1500 - 2000, to have the Best Performance for the Clients!

- No Tripple Trailer! Unrealistic for European Roads and cause of weird "Frankenstein" Trailer Combinations, mostly broken Physics that doing Damage to other Player who passing them.

- Harder Limited Slot Stacking (Save Editing) to increase the Performance of the Clients!

- AI Traffic! There were in the past a few Hints and Videos by TMP Staff about AI Traffic! 2 Years ago, AI- Traffic were activated by Accident and as far as i know, there were no major Issues during this short Time! Maybe TMP can start a Testing Phase.

- Harder Punishment for Players who intentionally violating the Rules. Accidents can happen, ramming others on purpose is not an Accident! Players who intentional violating the Rules multiple Times, losing the permit to play on the Simulation Server!

- Same Driving Physics for all!

- Synchronized Weather!

- No City as NCZ Area (Duisburg)! NCZ Areas at Companys and some Public Spots should remain!

Unfortunately, this will not happen, therefore we need to play on the existing Server and dealing with the Circumstances. Some Player can do this, some dont want this and leave, some going to prefer the convoy mode.  At the end it is up to TruckersMP to keep their Game attractive. At the Moment it seems, it is more attractiv for Players who prefer Trouble and Action, if you driving in higher populated Areas. This is not only the fault by TMP.  DB Bus World is a nice Development, for People that want to Play a Multiplayer Bus Driving Simulation. There is much potentional in it and it is not a Problem to combine it with TruckersMP in genaral but it is not a Truck Simulation.
I can not offer a perfect solution, because there will never be a perfect One, which is accepted by all, but the current Situation have nothing to do with #Road To Simulation.
Based on the provided Informations by TMP, they created their own bureaucratic monster which cause more work than needed and limiting the moderators in their effectiveness! Maybe this System should be overworked and more strict/directional, specially in cases where player not willing to obey the rules!

The Fact is, there are 3 Categories of Players!

Group 1, with the most Players! The Casual (Semi Professional) Player who prefer a more simple Gameplay, who enjoying the entertainment that happen because of less experienced/carefree Drivers and just simple want to drive around with friends.  But, they still want a well moderated Environment!
A Server with Less Restricitons and Collision is prefered!

Group 2, the Simulation Enthusiast, a bit smaller Group, who want to play this Game as close to Reality as possible. With harder Rules and Punishement/Restrictions for Players who not want to obey the Rules. There is still potential, by TruckersMP, to improve the Game!
A Simulation Setup + Server is prefered!

Group 3, the Troll. I guess there is no need to explain his intentions. Easy to locate and unfortunately faster back in the game, as the Moderation Team can banning him!
Server with Collision and enough possible Victims is prefered!

So, which Groups of Players find their prefered Server at the Moment? ?

@blabberbeak, thanks for your Support, but even for me, its getting harder to ignore the current mess!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest [OCSC Event] Antho

@Fummelprinz 

I agree with your idea too, unfortunately you will never get answers to your purpositions since in 8 years of playing, Simulation on TMP has never really been simulation as proven here on this forum... (the launcher is always in alpha...)

You are purposing bigger punishments for the simulation server you are suggesting. I don't think the punishments should be bigger.
On the opposite, the punishments on TMP are much higher than before. It seems to me that TMP had made an announcement in 2019 about this. For my part, the punishments are far too severe and currently not neutral since it's the GM who chooses the duration of punishments on the first 3 bans, so if you make a mistake in game, depending on whether the GM will be sympathetic or if he had a bad day, you will be punished differently... so logic...
So TMP should start with neutrality on its rules before implementing important changes like this, or else.... that a competitor comes on the world of multiplayer video game... (with a much more attractive moderation)

There will never be a Logic in Punishments. Even in Real Life, the most Countrys having in their System a "Range" of Punishments for each Violation of Rules and Laws. This means, even a Judge can have a "bad Day" in Real Life.

Also the Fact that TruckersMP is still in Alpha is no reason not to Improve the Game towards Simulation, like TruckersMP started with #Road To Simulation. If you read my Post properly, then you will see that i wrote that the harder Punishments should be used for intentional Violations on a Simulation Server, if TruckersMP decide to set One up.

There were an increasement of the Punishment Durations in the Past, but the Fact is, Trolls don´t care! There were in the Past a Simulation Server with 90 kph Speed Limit and a Server like the current One. Instead of a Server that providing a more Simulated Environment, we have an Arcade Server, wich is the most Time nearly Empty.

So, there is still the Option to keep the current Server like it is, with less Moderation and no Speedlimit. Let the "Egomaniacs" play on this Server like they want and make clear that Everyone who decide to play on this Server, doing it on their own Risk. Change the Arcade Server to an Simulator Server, like i already posted and make clear that, intentional Violations will have harder Consequences!

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho

There will never be logic on punishment/bans on TruckersMP until the punishment system is neutral...

I agree with your ideas and even find this topic very interesting, so I follow it closely. However, following what you say, TMP should make sure that they don't provide access to certain servers to their players.
For example, a player who is too disruptive on a simulation server because he violates rules should not be banned from all servers, including ATS, but just limit his access and offer him the possibility to play in Arcade for example would be a much more thoughtful solution, and would prevent TMP from losing popularity with its players... unless they prefer to show that the number of registrants is increasing (thanks to the many bans....)

2 minutes ago, Epsilon Group said:

For example, a player who is too disruptive on a simulation server because he violates rules should not be banned from all servers, including ATS, but just limit his access and offer him the possibility to play in Arcade for example would be a much more thoughtful solution, and would prevent TMP from losing popularity with its players... unless they prefer to show that the number of registrants is increasing (thanks to the many bans....)

A player should regard an off-time or ban as a chance to reflect on his/ her behavior and the circumstances that led to it, to learn from it and improve himself/ herself.
If TruckersMP allowed banned players to continue using their services during the ban time period, it would contradict the idea of a ban.

Besides of that, TruckersMP would be well-advised to gain its popularity rather from players following the rules than from troublemakers.

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho
1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

A player should regard an off-time or ban as a chance to reflect on his/ her behavior and the circumstances that led to it, to learn from it and improve himself/ herself.
If TruckersMP allowed banned players to continue using their services during the ban time period, it would contradict the idea of a ban.

Besides of that, TruckersMP would be well-advised to gain its popularity rather from players following the rules than from troublemakers.

Perhaps it would be better to avoid bans by completely preventing access to game servers, but rather to allow players to reflect on their bad actions by joining game servers without collision for example (less attractive) but which still allow them to continue to play...
Everyone is free to play and it is true that many players disturb the game experience of others, by performing dangerous actions, but the best solution may not be to ban, ban, ban, but rather to restrict access...

Restrict access and ban are the same thing, don't you think? Completely restricted access to TMP servers. Let the banned players keep driving in a server where they can do everything they want without consequences, they will learn nothing, other than worse habits than anything they could have had before their ban. Think of it like this: Someone gets banned for reckless driving and ramming, they go into a server where they can drive even more recklessly, won't ram anyone else and won't be punished no matter what they do... What will they learn? To drive more sensibly? Doubtful. The only good thing in this idea is that some of those players could maybe start liking the Arcade server and stay there for good, but this is also doubtful, players like that want to be able to "feel" their recklessness, which usually means hitting others.

3 hours ago, Epsilon Group said:

Perhaps it would be better to avoid bans by completely preventing access to game servers, but rather to allow players to reflect on their bad actions by joining game servers without collision for example (less attractive) but which still allow them to continue to play...

Would you reflect on your misbehavior if your punishment was to continue to play, even if it was on a less popular server?
I understand it could give one an idea about ones behavior not being welcomed, but that would pretty much it.

As I wrote in another post, the banned player should seriously make up his mind about the following questions (and answer in written form)

• why he thinks he was banned
  • if he agrees or not agrees to the ban
  • why he agrees or not agrees to the ban
  • how he plans to change his behavior to avoid conflicts in the future

In general, the player should use the time to deal with the situation rather than saying sorry and continuing to play on another server.

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho
1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Would you reflect on your misbehavior if your punishment was to continue to play, even if it was on a less popular server?
I understand it could give one an idea about ones behavior not being welcomed, but that would pretty much it.

As I wrote in another post, the banned player should seriously make up his mind about the following questions (and answer in written form)

• why he thinks he was banned
  • if he agrees or not agrees to the ban
  • why he agrees or not agrees to the ban
  • how he plans to change his behavior to avoid conflicts in the future

In general, the player should use the time to deal with the situation rather than saying sorry and continuing to play on another server.

I don't agree, but everyone is free to make their own opinion ^^

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Restrict access and ban are the same thing, don't you think? Completely restricted access to TMP servers. Let the banned players keep driving in a server where they can do everything they want without consequences, they will learn nothing, other than worse habits than anything they could have had before their ban. Think of it like this: Someone gets banned for reckless driving and ramming, they go into a server where they can drive even more recklessly, won't ram anyone else and won't be punished no matter what they do... What will they learn? To drive more sensibly? Doubtful. The only good thing in this idea is that some of those players could maybe start liking the Arcade server and stay there for good, but this is also doubtful, players like that want to be able to "feel" their recklessness, which usually means hitting others.

Indeed, but this allows them to see the game in a different light and if they do it again, then banning them permanently from the simulation and allowing them to play only in the arcade servers would be much better than a permanent ban that creates new evading accounts and doesn't solve the real problem at all since these players keep coming back to the game.
A lot of players on TMP are ban evading, much more than we think. I myself was banned after a permanent ban during my only first ban (abusive ban of course but I won't go into that). The issue here in this topic is to offer a better game experience on the so-called "simulation" servers for players respecting the rules based on a complete simulation pushing the realism of the game.

The only different light in Arcade is "As long as you don's use foul language, everything is permitted". I, for one, don't want banned players to see that light before they can come back to Simulation 1, which they will.

Players who are willing to ban evade won't go in an almost empty Arcade server where there are no collisions among players, even less if that server is marked as "only for the bad ones", they will just ban evade again. So, iteration #2, nothing gets actually solved. Simulation 1 stays as bad or as good as now, Arcade gets only some people who will go back to Simulation 1, having learned nothing at all, when their bans end.

BTW, did you just admit to be ban evading right now? Not the best idea, when staff watches the forums regularly...

I can say that it is a different but very cruel subject in terms of interpretation.

People have different opinions about the speed limit. For some, going between 60-90 is suitable for simulation, for others it is suitable to go at 90+ speeds. However, we are aware that today's truckers also speed on empty and flat roads. I think that staying with the 110 limit on the roads away from the crowd in the game is far from reality in terms of simulation.

Although the simulation has something to do with turning off features such as traffic fines and sleep situations, it should not be forgotten that it is a game and it is more important to have a pleasant time. I want these rules to become at least semi-mandatory as you say. However, for the enjoyment of the game, there will be a lot of truckers who will fall asleep in the middle of the road and cause disaster to the player coming to the opposite lane. It shouldn't be hard to guess. ?

TruckersMP Simulation 1 server got its current name because there was more than 1 server before. You're right, it's kind of silly to call it numbers as there is only 1 in the current state.

Truckersmp seems to have evaluated 50% of each stage in terms of simulation rules and reality. 

16 hours ago, Black Alcoa said:

Although the simulation has something to do with turning off features such as traffic fines and sleep situations, it should not be forgotten that it is a game and it is more important to have a pleasant time.

I agree this would be the ultimate goal.

But what one player regards as pleasant isn't necessarily a pleasant experience for another player. The simulation server is the prime example for this, its where different ideas about 'having a good time' (sometimes literally) collide.

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho
19 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The only different light in Arcade is "As long as you don's use foul language, everything is permitted". I, for one, don't want banned players to see that light before they can come back to Simulation 1, which they will.

Players who are willing to ban evade won't go in an almost empty Arcade server where there are no collisions among players, even less if that server is marked as "only for the bad ones", they will just ban evade again. So, iteration #2, nothing gets actually solved. Simulation 1 stays as bad or as good as now, Arcade gets only some people who will go back to Simulation 1, having learned nothing at all, when their bans end.

BTW, did you just admit to be ban evading right now? Not the best idea, when staff watches the forums regularly...

Nope I was in ban evading during 2 years and half lol, but now I deleted TMP XD.
My goal was just to explain too (in view of my situation) that bans are not the perfect issues, maybe before they need to change their punishment system and after their simulation in-game system like we are talking about it here. But that's just my opinion ^^

Archived