I think there should be a simulation server without speed limit.

Yuoka

On 9/17/2022 at 12:16 PM, Granite said:

So, I am the problem, cause I drive slowly and carefuly, trying to simulate in a simulation game, on a simulation servers, as best as I can?

Believe whatever you want.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion from everything we've discussed so far.

No, the problem are the likes of you, the "bring back 150Km/h" niche playerbase, who won't stop bringing this topic up every few weeks, even though they have a server without speed limit available.

Reading them, I always come to conclusion that same people keep replying to them and majority of casual players that form the bulk of TMP playerbase seem happy with how things are.

The only thing that TMP can offer better than ETS2 (Single and Convoy Mode) as we speak is interaction with other players (Given the fact that TMP is an MMO compared to Convoy). That interaction exists in the form of collisions in ETS2 or basically any other driving game. So, the arcade server lacks the most basic feature the mod offers, so it's safe to say that practically nobody will play on that server. Even the Game Manager has said so in the past that the arcade server is there only to serve a very specific purpose and is meant as a playtest server. So i'm not taking into consideration the arcade server when i discuss the speed limit.

The speed limit issue is brought up on a regular basis because it's a popular setting that people are after. And obviously when you drive on an empty map, having the speed limit trigger at 110 km/h makes the game twice as annoying. Which is also the reason why so many players travel the C-D road and avoid many other areas since the speed limit rarely triggers on that road.

Every now and then, someone asks where a real simulation server is, a legitimate question, cause there isn't one. Many simualtion players have really bad experience with TruckersMP and it has gained a notoriety among them for being full of self centered toxic individuals.

TruckersMP has really little simulation to offer with it's emptiness, without AI traffic, or bots, whatever you call it, even if you triple the amount of average players, the huge map would still be empty. And without mod support that Convoy mode comes with, it can hardly be of any competition.

Denying that Convoy did make a huge dent in TruckersMP playerbase, something I hear even from staff members, doens't make it any less real. 

Here's the thing though. As we speak, you can fully simulate truck driving within the current servers and their settings. You can join with 3 other friends of yours and travel wherever you want at whatever speed you like in whatever possible way would give you a more realistic experience. Always limited by the mod's capabilities of course (So no traffic or mods), but still, you can.

Well, i can't. I can't play the game in a more casual way because the game itself won't allow me. 

And, i'm not denying for a second that Convoy made a huge dent in TMP but the reason myself as well as many other individuals have moved to Convoy mode is the Road to Simulation and the server settings. Why would i play TMP with settings i don't enjoy? Although, I'd much rather play with hundreds of players than 8 in Convoy. I'd come back in a heartbeat if TMP would launch a more casual server. 

Also, realistically speaking, TMP would never get traffic (or mods) so if you're after simulation you're unlikely to get it in TMP. You're much more likely to find what you ask for in Convoy mode, or even more likely with Dedicated Game Servers when they become available in Convoy. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2022 at 6:42 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

TMP have lost a lot of players and a major part of that reason is the speed limit as well as the harsh punishments. 

For a mod that grew out of control in 2017-2018, the population is too low 4 years later especially considering that ETS2 is a massive success the past few years and averages ~20k players every month (Based on Steam stats) when back in 2018, the number of ETS2 players was almost half and yet the main TMP server back then was peaking on a daily basis at ~4k players with a massive queue.

The lack of interest in the mod shows nowadays in the player numbers and not attributing it to the RTS vision which basically split the community in two is choosing to wear blinkers. 

I rather think players quit because everyone's driving like an idiot and noone abides to the road rules and treats the game as a simulator.

1 hour ago, poland.ball said:

I rather think players quit because everyone's driving like an idiot and noone abides to the road rules and treats the game as a simulator.

Nah, i don't know how long you've been here, but back in 2016-2018 the situation was far worse and players on average were much more. That didn't discourage them from playing.

People usually critisize the C-D road nowadays, but honestly the current situation on the C-D road is very good compared to what it was. The traffic is flowing and every now and then you get an incident. I remember from back then, there used to be an incident every 100m distance travelled. Usually during rush hour (late afternoon EU time), it could take you more than an hour to go from Duisburg to Calais. I'm quite vocal about the impact of the RTS but i also think that the map changes have been the best thing on TMP and the devs have done a great job on that area. Especially the Duisburg update is really good. 

Oh yeah haha, back when speed limit didn't exist and scouts kept flying out of curves because everyone drove too fast and the handling was bad :DDD

The situation back then was horrible too, people weren't able to drive their truck at high speeds. However I really saw quite few players abiding the limits and this really has dropped to 0 now. You super rarely see anyone actually abiding the truck limits.

The problem back then was not Scouts or trucks flying out of curves. It was when they flew against other players' vehicles, which was too common, sadly. It became a bit better when the 150 Km/h was implemented and a lot better when the 110 Km/h one was. Sure, those who loved to drive insanely fast lost interest, but at least everyone else in the servers became more protected against them. I can't think of a better reason to NOT increase the Simulation server's speed limit.

And yes, there are still some of us who follow the speed limits. Not just the posted ones, if my trailer has a 80 limit sticker, that will be my top speed. Besides, I only do WoTr jobs, so I'd be limited at 90 Km/h no matter what, but even with these, I rarely get to drive at 90 Km/h. Not easy to find me, probably, because my trips never go near the well known crowded areas. And to be completely honest, because I don't play that much since months ago, I'm spending time in other games and don't have enough left for the long routes I like to take when playing ETS2 or ATS.

Just teasing:

The speed limit will be lifted on the simulation server.
The moment a player drives faster than 90 km/h, his vehicle will automatically enter a non-collision mode / ghost mode.

Optional idea: non-collision mode / ghost mode will stay active for 2 hours (real time and player bound, e.g. logging off / on TruckersMP won't deactivate it).

Naturally, all rules apply at all times, e.g. passing through other players while being in non-collision mode / ghost mode will be regarded as reckless driving.

I know, it's not realistic... ?

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

The moment a player drives faster than 90 km/h, his vehicle will automatically enter a non-collision mode / ghost mode.

:LUL:

And theres should be a message showing up like this:

"You are going so fast that you've become ethereal. Slow down to regain back your corporeal property."  

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Optional idea: non-collision mode / ghost mode will stay active for 2 hours (real time and player bound, e.g. logging off / on TruckersMP won't deactivate it).

This would be more troll-proof, as the former could very easily end up being abused to cause extreme carnage.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator. 

Archived