I think there should be a simulation server without speed limit.

Yuoka

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, Granite said:

No, they don't. TMP have lost a lot of player base already for more complex rersons, they are not going to suddenly lose a lot of players after having identical server setup, which most players and staff members are ok with, for over 3 years now.

TMP have lost a lot of players and a major part of that reason is the speed limit as well as the harsh punishments. 

For a mod that grew out of control in 2017-2018, the population is too low 4 years later especially considering that ETS2 is a massive success the past few years and averages ~20k players every month (Based on Steam stats) when back in 2018, the number of ETS2 players was almost half and yet the main TMP server back then was peaking on a daily basis at ~4k players with a massive queue.

The lack of interest in the mod shows nowadays in the player numbers and not attributing it to the RTS vision which basically split the community in two is choosing to wear blinkers. 

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

TMP have lost a lot of players and a major part of that reason is the speed limit as well as the harsh punishments. 

For a mod that grew out of control in 2017-2018, the population is too low 4 years later especially considering that ETS2 is a massive success the past few years and averages ~20k players every month (Based on Steam stats) when back in 2018, the number of ETS2 players was almost half and yet the main TMP server back then was peaking on a daily basis at ~4k players with a massive queue.

The lack of interest in the mod shows nowadays in the player numbers and not attributing it to the RTS vision which basically split the community in two is choosing to wear blinkers. 

Again with this nonsense? The highest amount of players in TruckersMP history happened AFTER Road to Simulation was implemented. Can you read a graphic? To make it easier, I highlighted the moment Road to Simulation was implemented, and the moment ETS2 and ATS 1.41 were released. Guess what happened with 1.41? Convoys. Up to X players can drive together, using mods, any speed they like, no rules, no bans... 

09.13.2022-21.21.10

Now, tell me who is wearing blinkers...

9 hours ago, Mario7739 said:

I think there should be:

1 server with speed limit (90km/hr)
1 normal server (110km/hr)
1 server (150km/hr)
1 arcade
1 Promotions

Woah, hold your horses! ?

Servers and server space don't come for free. How is the TruckersMP team supposed to finance such endeavor? ?

1. The difference between a speed limit of 90 km/h and 110 km/h isn't significant enough to justify two server setups.
2. A server with a speed limit of 150 km/h is unnecessary, because TruckersMP provides the Arcade server without a speed limit.

The present setup satisfies both, realistic driving players (simulation) and players who enjoy to drive at excessive speed (arcade).

You can read more about server types and speed limits in the following knowledge base article:

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/574

• Community Manager

As a few others have said, it won't be a simulation server if you can go Mach Jesus down the road. TruckersMP had it this way a few years back before the Road to Simulation updates landed in town and it only caused more issues than anything. I get why some people; want it, don't get me wrong. I love speed myself, as I literally do it IRL. But, when it comes to TruckersMP, they are based on Simulation. There are Arcade servers for you to play on if you want to speed, but at the cost of non-collision and significantly less players. 

Additionally, if TruckersMP opens up more servers, it will put a dent in the monthly bills. Money isn't infinite as most players tend to think when suggesting more servers. Running servers for TruckersMP costs a lot of money and it's really not as easy as just buying a server and putting it online. There's a lot more factors, more than just financials. TruckersMP already has a lot of servers, but the majority of them are reserved and not running 24/7 because they are mainly for events. 

Overall, it's very unlikely that an uncapped speed limit will ever return to TruckersMP in the future. 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

I believe that other users who answered before me have already spoken, but it's good to remember.

There is a server that does not have a speed limit of 110km/h, which is Arcade (I believe its speed limit is 150km/h). In it, you can play and run like there was no tomorrow (irony:troll:)

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

Spoiler

Woah, hold your horses! 

Servers and server space don't come for free. How is the TruckersMP team supposed to finance such endeavor? 

1. The difference between a speed limit of 90 km/h and 110 km/h isn't significant enough to justify two server setups.
2. A server with a speed limit of 150 km/h is unnecessary, because TruckersMP provides the Arcade server without a speed limit.

The present setup satisfies both, realistic driving players (simulation) and players who enjoy to drive at excessive speed (arcade).

You can read more about server types and speed limits in the following knowledge base article:

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/574

But if in ETS 2 there are 6 active servers, the issue of money for the servers would not be a problem, since as I said before there are already 6 servers (https://truckersmp.com/status), it would only be necessary to modify the speeds.

In what I find you right is the server of 110km/hr and 150km/hr, it is unnecessary to have two of these, that's what the arcade is for.

spacer.png

On 9/13/2022 at 10:22 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Again with this nonsense? The highest amount of players in TruckersMP history happened AFTER Road to Simulation was implemented. Can you read a graphic? To make it easier, I highlighted the moment Road to Simulation was implemented, and the moment ETS2 and ATS 1.41 were released. Guess what happened with 1.41? Convoys. Up to X players can drive together, using mods, any speed they like, no rules, no bans... 

09.13.2022-21.21.10

Now, tell me who is wearing blinkers...

You've said that plenty of times and every time i've pointed out that you're highlighting the periods of the global quarantine. March - May 2020 full lockdown all over Europe and several countries across the world. October 2020 - May 2021 massive movement restrictions across the world. Every video game saw an increase in popularity & playerbase around that time.

Based on the data of the other months, the population is roughly the same to the previous years. Which is what i was pointing out in my initial comment. The game saw no real growth ever since the RTS due to the harsh punishments as well as the Simulation oriented playstyle which is targetted for a more niche playerbase.

Now please stop tagging me, i'm not interested in having this discussion with you again. Every time you seem to hold the exact same views which makes it pointless to have this conversation again and reinforces my belief about who's the one wearing blinkers.

I highlighted the moment when RTS was implemented. Before COVID19 had any impact, that came months later. And the numbers didn't drop. Then, they certainly raised when COVID19 lockdowns started, for obvious reasons. And then, I highlighted the moment when 1.41 and Convoys were released. I'm not sure if the COVID restrictions were still in place, but that's clearly when the numbers went down. Of course, someone wearing blinkers would not see this. They'd only see what their blinkers allow them to: RTS is to blame about the player loss.

New graphic, this time, RTS highlighted but showing more than one year before it was implemented, and cut before the COVID peaks. Maybe I forgot to remove my blinkers, but I can't see any significant difference between before RTS (green) and after RTS (yellow):

09.16.2022-17.52.38

BTW, if you don't want to be tagged, don't use public forums, it's a risk that all of us decide to take when we do. If you don't want to have discussions, no one forces you, ignore any comments you don't like or don't want to discuss, simple as that. And using the same argument over and over again and accusing others about holding the same views sounds to me pretty "blinkered" too ?

EDIT: Since I noticed just now, "The game saw no real growth ever since the RTS due to the harsh punishments as well as the Simulation oriented playstyle which is targetted for a more niche playerbase". But as anyone should be able to see (even with blinkers), the "game" wasn't growing before RTS either.

44 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

EDIT: Since I noticed just now, "The game saw no real growth ever since the RTS due to the harsh punishments as well as the Simulation oriented playstyle which is targetted for a more niche playerbase". But as anyone should be able to see (even with blinkers), the "game" wasn't growing before RTS either.

I din't notice this guy's original comment quoted mine cause I ignore his content for obvious reasons, but I feel both offended and amused at the same time, being called "niche" player. It's not like I am playing GTA game stopping for every red light. :LUL:

I wanted to write more, but you summed it up pretty well.

Let me just add, simulation players are pretty much extinct from TruckersMP for obvious reasons, there are some living fossils like me still around, waiting for a change.

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

That's where you're wrong. *Edit: I've told you before that diagram doesn't tell the entire story because it shows peak numbers, not average.

The stats page though keeps track of the average players per year. Instead of looking at this diagram, all you have to do is go in the internet archives and take a look specifically in the average players per year of a snapshot from back then.

2016-2017: 2,456.42 Average players - (2017 snapshot) ( https://web.archive.org/web/20170315084210/https://stats.truckersmp.com/ )

2017-2018: 3,658.18 Average players - (2018 snapshot) ( https://web.archive.org/web/20180830171200/https://stats.truckersmp.com/ )

2018-2019: 3,700.69 Average players - (2019 snapshot) ( https://web.archive.org/web/20190510020355/https://stats.truckersmp.com/ )

The mod certainly grew within the period of 2016-2018. 

And remember that the initial speed limit of 150 km/h was implemented in 2018 on TMP with the RTS following the next year and bringing further change to the rules and the speed limit. 

Now, here's the thing. ETS2 had on average 15k players the years 2017-2019. Ever since 2020 it averages more than 20k players. The game grew, the mod didn't.

My initial comment was addressing a statement that the RTS didn't have an impact in the playerbase, but instead it was more 'complex reasons'. The reality is that the server changes played their part in keeping a bunch of players away from the mod, because the re-structure only suited those who drove within the speed limits. Since TMP was the only multiplayer option for a couple of years before Convoy mode, anyone who wanted to enjoy the game with friends would still come to TMP. But obviously anyone who felt unhappy with these changes, jumped ship the moment Convoy mode released. 

This is a reality for several players that used to play the mod and left because of discontent due to the rules & server changes.

Also, I've mentioned this before, when Infinite TruckersMP (Another ETS2 MMO mod) went public with their discord back in 2020, they had thousand membersfrom the very first week, most of them unhappy with TMP and eager to join another multiplayer option. The project went under eventually, but it was a red flag that TMP would bleed players the moment another multiplayer alternative (Offering the same things) come up.

Anyway, the reason i specifically mentioned about you tagging me was because we had this exact same conversation the last time that issue came up. Every time, You only reinforce my belief that you don't understand how RTS affected the community, simply because you were not in those that got affected by it in a negative way.

4 hours ago, Granite said:

I din't notice this guy's original comment quoted mine cause I ignore his content for obvious reasons, but I feel both offended and amused at the same time, being called "niche" player. It's not like I am playing GTA game stopping for every red light.

I wanted to write more, but you summed it up pretty well.

Let me just add, simulation players are pretty much extinct from TruckersMP for obvious reasons, there are some living fossils like me still around, waiting for a change.

If you were not a niche-audience, TMP Servers wouldn't require moderation.

Also, remember that plenty of kids play the game as well as casual players who don't care about driving on the legal speed limit especially when 99% of the map is empty.

"Stop tagging me", "I'm not interested in having this discussion", your words, not mine ?

Any multiplayer mod would lose players if an alternative appears with different options. Of course it would have happened to TMP if IFMP had managed to release a playable platform and of course that it happened when Convoys were released. But not only because many people are/were discontent  with RTS or the harder rules. Many people left for that, sure, but many others because they like it better to play only with their group of friends, or because they can use any mods they want, or because they can have traffiic everywhere, many others surely are simulation oriented players who left because TMP was (and is) either empty roads or roads full of people who don't care about simulation or any rules. The alternative (Convoys) took people from all "niches", not only those who didn't like RTS. 

RTS only suited those who drove within the speed limits... It's probably less than 5% of the players in TruckersMP who follow the speed limits or road rules. All others go 110 Km/h most of the time. And only  because they can't go faster. They only keep using Simulation server because Arcade doesn't have collisions. That's the "niche playerbase" in TruckersMP now, same as it was in 2018 or 2014. And probably the main reason why TMP staff decided to change things: the unmanageable situation that TMP had become with the speeding, crashes, reports, bans, appeals... When a multiplayer environment becomes too toxic, it's time to clean up.

"If you were not a niche-audience, TMP Servers wouldn't require moderation". TMP servers require moderation because too many players are the exact opposite to a simulation oriented niche. Plenty of kids and casual players play the game, but they seem to be stuck in the Simulation server, when they have Arcade to drive however fast or reckless they want. But, "Oooooh...We can't crash against others? No way, pal!". This is the reason why TMP requires (and always will require) moderation. Imagine everyone in TMP decided, magically, to drive in a simulation style. The number of incidents and reports would go down by more than 99%. Sadly, there's no such thing as "magic" in this case.

8 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Anyway, the reason i specifically mentioned about you tagging me was because we had this exact same conversation the last time that issue came up. Every time, You only reinforce my belief that you don't understand how RTS affected the community, simply because you were not in those that got affected by it in a negative way.

And you keep reinforcing my belief that you are completely unable to understand how TMP would have been affected by Convoys in the exact same way even if RTS had never happened. Or to understand all of the reasons behind RTS, simply because you can only see it as "They limited the speed and made the rules harsher, stopping me and others from doing what we like". Maybe you should try to ponder about WHY they decided that it was necessary to do that.

So, I am the problem, cause I drive slowly and carefuly, trying to simulate in a simulation game, on a simulation servers, as best as I can?

Believe whatever you want.

No, the problem are the likes of you, the "bring back 150Km/h" niche playerbase, who won't stop bringing this topic up every few weeks, even though they have a server without speed limit available.

Reading them, I always come to conclusion that same people keep replying to them and majority of casual players that form the bulk of TMP playerbase seem happy with how things are.

Every now and then, someone asks where a real simulation server is, a legitimate question, cause there isn't one. Many simualtion players have really bad experience with TruckersMP and it has gained a notoriety among them for being full of self centered toxic individuals.

TruckersMP has really little simulation to offer with it's emptiness, without AI traffic, or bots, whatever you call it, even if you triple the amount of average players, the huge map would still be empty. And without mod support that Convoy mode comes with, it can hardly be of any competition.

Denying that Convoy did make a huge dent in TruckersMP playerbase, something I hear even from staff members, doens't make it any less real. 

Another thing I would like to know  is how many people were removed from TruckersMP due to ban evading, the factor that nobody is ever mentioning. I am convinced that this number is very significant, cause even with removal of history perma bans in may, the average numbers are relatively same as before.

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

"Stop tagging me", "I'm not interested in having this discussion", your words, not mine ?

No, i actually said: "Now please stop tagging me, i'm not interested in having this discussion with you again". At this point, we're just repeating ourselves. So let's repeat myself once again.

Any multiplayer mod would lose players if an alternative appears with different options. Of course it would have happened to TMP if IFMP had managed to release a playable platform and of course that it happened when Convoys were released. But not only because many people are/were discontent  with RTS or the harder rules. Many people left for that, sure, but many others because they like it better to play only with their group of friends, or because they can use any mods they want, or because they can have traffiic everywhere, many others surely are simulation oriented players who left because TMP was (and is) either empty roads or roads full of people who don't care about simulation or any rules. The alternative (Convoys) took people from all "niches", not only those who didn't like RTS. 

I never denied that but i only mentioned those who left because of the RTS. I know there are players who might have left for other reasons, but we can discuss them in another topic once they come up. I specifically mentioned those who left because of RTS. You jumped the gun and denied that RTS had any effect on that.

RTS only suited those who drove within the speed limits... It's probably less than 5% of the players in TruckersMP who follow the speed limits or road rules. All others go 110 Km/h most of the time. And only  because they can't go faster. They only keep using Simulation server because Arcade doesn't have collisions. That's the "niche playerbase" in TruckersMP now, same as it was in 2018 or 2014.

I agree, and this once again reinforces my belief that, there are many players who left because of the RTS.

And probably the main reason why TMP staff decided to change things: the unmanageable situation that TMP had become with the speeding, crashes, reports, bans, appeals... When a multiplayer environment becomes too toxic, it's time to clean up.

"If you were not a niche-audience, TMP Servers wouldn't require moderation". TMP servers require moderation because too many players are the exact opposite to a simulation oriented niche. Plenty of kids and casual players play the game, but they seem to be stuck in the Simulation server, when they have Arcade to drive however fast or reckless they want. But, "Oooooh...We can't crash against others? No way, pal!". This is the reason why TMP requires (and always will require) moderation. Imagine everyone in TMP decided, magically, to drive in a simulation style. The number of incidents and reports would go down by more than 99%. Sadly, there's no such thing as "magic" in this case.

And i agree here as well. TMP requires moderation and will always do. I simply consider the RTS the wrong way to solve the reckless driving problem. Server-side economy would mitigate the issue far better than RTS ever did without keeping away players, especially when TMP is an MMO mod and requires as many players as possible to function properly.

And you keep reinforcing my belief that you are completely unable to understand how TMP would have been affected by Convoys in the exact same way even if RTS had never happened. Or to understand all of the reasons behind RTS, simply because you can only see it as "They limited the speed and made the rules harsher, stopping me and others from doing what we like". Maybe you should try to ponder about WHY they decided that it was necessary to do that.

You can only assume how Convoy would affect TMP, had things been different. So it's pointless to discuss based on assumptions. The fact remains that players unhappy with RTS left for good to Convoy mode.

In the end of the day, You believe RTS is necessary. Contrary to what you think, I understand why RTS was implemented but it's my opinion that nowadays it has more disadvantages than advantages and TMP should work on implementing a more viable long-term solution for the mod. And i believe that solution should combine a server-side economy as well as a new server structure, that would include a no speed limit server with collisions included. 

On 9/13/2022 at 6:42 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

"§2.8 - How bans are issued

The first 3 bans are issued at the staff member’s discretion.

The 4th ban is thirty days.

The 5th ban and consecutive bans are ninety days."

Five chances to realize and understand you screwed up with the option to return sounds like harsh punishments to you? ?

Even when there are unlimited chances, some People will not change their behavior! Many People doing Ban Evading, even when they are only banned for 3 Days! TruckersMP did not lost so many Players because of the "harsh" Rules or the  "harsh" Punishment!

TruckersMP lost so many Players, cause Some grow up and lost the interest to play this Game, Some are  bored to drive on empty Roads, cause the Map is much larger than 2014 or they having enough of being Trolled! And of course, Some Players "leaved" TruckersMPcause the are banned, and as Sidenote, Ban Evader do not buying DLC´s so they are restricted to the Base Map  ? ?

I wrote in other Threads what TruckersMP can do, to keep Players and getting New Ones who are interested to play #RTS!

3 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

No, i actually said: "Now please stop tagging me, i'm not interested in having this discussion with you again". At this point, we're just repeating ourselves. So let's repeat myself once again.

Do you understand the concept of irony? You did say that, true, yet you keep tagging me (which anyone could easily consider as "incitement") and seem to be more than interested in having this discussion. Otherwise you would have stopped, like I suggested... But no worries, I'll do that for the both of us, starting now. Have a nice rest of the weekend!

12 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

"§2.8 - How bans are issued

The first 3 bans are issued at the staff member’s discretion.

The 4th ban is thirty days.

The 5th ban and consecutive bans are ninety days."

Five chances to realize and understand you screwed up with the option to return sounds like harsh punishments to you? ?

Perhaps i should have pointed out that I was especially referring to the timeframe that each ban was given, which is something they finally changed in the rules some time ago.

Archived