I think there should be a simulation server without speed limit.

Yuoka

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But, is it then a Simulation when there is no Speed Limit?

I would prefer that the Arcade Server is getting the Collision and the Simulation Server getting 90 Kph speed limit, like the "old Days",  for Trucks and addtional AI Traffic. And Players who intentionally violating the Rules will be permanent prohibited of playing on the simulation server after 3 bans!

TruckersMP said in the past that they want this game played as a Simulation, but the NCZ Area in Duisburg itself speaks against it. TruckersMP also don´t want to split of the Community in Simulation Players and none Simulation Players, but the truth is, we are allready splitted, as this Thread here again proof.

12 minutes ago, Fummelprinz said:

But, is it then a Simulation when there is no Speed Limit?

I would prefer that the Arcade Server is getting the Collision and the Simulation Server getting 90 Kph speed limit, like the "old Days",  for Trucks and addtional AI Traffic. And Players who intentionally violating the Rules will be permanent prohibited of playing on the simulation server after 3 bans!

TruckersMP said in the past that they want this game played as a Simulation, but the NCZ Area in Duisburg itself speaks against it. TruckersMP also don´t want to split of the Community in Simulation Players and none Simulation Players, but the truth is, we are allready splitted, as this Thread here again proof.

yeah i meant arcade with collision when i said another simulation server, as you said like old days.

16 minutes ago, Granite said:

Uhmm .... no.

yeah it is more sensible to make the game only simulation, when they can do both. Even though people want collision without speed limits.

2 hours ago, Yuoka said:

yeah it is more sensible to make the game only simulation, when they can do both. Even though people want collision without speed limits.

I bet you are on of those lucky people who used to be permanently banned.

And I bet you people would also want to still report others, but if this right would be taken away, becasue nobody in their right mind would want to moderate server like that, more an more people would become fed up with being constantly rammed. If you look at limited popularity of TMP anniversary event server (the one where you can even use police cars), which has pretty much no laws, I doubt something very similar (minus police cars) available all year long would appeal to too many players for very long.

Besides, TMP servers are far from simulation.

2 hours ago, Fummelprinz said:

That si simply not true, there is only one server with collisions, community is only split between vanilla and Promods, and of course those who had given up on TMP and left to enjoy singleplayer or private coop.

Virtually nobody uses arcade servers.

This is only proof that those who want speed value collisions far more that speed.

The moment TMP enables collisons on arcade servers, there would be massive split in server population, limited speed servers would become even more deserted and arcade servers would become lawless hostile jungle, because they would have to be without rules, because as you said TMP don't want the old days to return.

I think majority of players value some sort of security - in the form of speed limit and report system, and are willing to sacrifice some of their personal preferrences in order to interact with others in a friendly manner.

Arcade server (without rules) with collisons would create possibility for extremely hostile environment, which most people would be able to endure for only limited time.

3 hours ago, Granite said:

I bet you are on of those lucky people who used to be permanently banned.

And I bet you people would also want to still report others, but if this right would be taken away, becasue nobody in their right mind would want to moderate server like that, more an more people would become fed up with being constantly rammed. If you look at limited popularity of TMP anniversary event server (the one where you can even use police cars), which has pretty much no laws, I doubt something very similar (minus police cars) available all year long would appeal to too many players for very long.

Besides, TMP servers are far from simulation.

That si simply not true, there is only one server with collisions, community is only split between vanilla and Promods, and of course those who had given up on TMP and left to enjoy singleplayer or private coop.

Virtually nobody uses arcade servers.

This is only proof that those who want speed value collisions far more that speed.

The moment TMP enables collisons on arcade servers, there would be massive split in server population, limited speed servers would become even more deserted and arcade servers would become lawless hostile jungle, because they would have to be without rules, because as you said TMP don't want the old days to return.

I think majority of players value some sort of security - in the form of speed limit and report system, and are willing to sacrifice some of their personal preferrences in order to interact with others in a friendly manner.

Arcade server (without rules) with collisons would create possibility for extremely hostile environment, which most people would be able to endure for only limited time.

Firstly, in my tmp playtime i've never banned or kicked. What i say is In this speed limited version it is just boring, you dont even have to pay attention anymore, you can just fall asleep while going, if there is a people in front of you, you are forced to watch his trailers back for eternity. Maybe there could be a arcade version with preferred collision. Like people who want it would turn on, who dont want could turn off the collision with a button in tab menu or somewhere. I assume they lose a lot players of this, can be me in weeks because this way is just too boring even if you go along with your friends.

21 minutes ago, Yuoka said:

Firstly, in my tmp playtime i've never banned or kicked.

My apologies then, though I don't know what to think when your profile says "member since 14 may 2017", your steam profile says 30-ish hours on record, and you speak of old times. Something just doesn't feel right.

22 minutes ago, Yuoka said:

What i say is In this speed limited version it is just boring, you dont even have to pay attention anymore, you can just fall asleep while going

If the only way you don't get bored and pay attention is to drive on two wheels this isn't probably the right  game for you and you should look elsewhere.

Try lowering your truck and trailer stability settings, don't use cheesy weightless trailers and see if that can keep you on the "edge".

41 minutes ago, Yuoka said:

if there is a people in front of you, you are forced to watch his trailers back for eternity.

And what would change? You can pass simulation players by 20 -30 km/h speed difference now.

Those you are forced to watch from behind at 110km/h would match your speed anyway, big surprise, and at the same time you would pose much greater danger for those that don't speed.  

56 minutes ago, Yuoka said:

Maybe there could be a arcade version with preferred collision. Like people who want it would turn on, who dont want could turn off the collision with a button in tab menu or somewhere.

Good joke, that's like "welcome trolls make yourselves at home". That would be abused to death when people would turn on collision after driving inside another player.

Anyway, like I said before, high speed collisons is the definition of fun for you, collisons are only thing that matters, speed is only secondary bonus, beacuse without collision there is no simulation, right, while you also flush every other element of simulation down the drain.

Otherwise arcade servers would be much more popular. 

1 hour ago, Yuoka said:

I assume they lose a lot players of this, can be me in weeks because this way is just too boring even if you go along with your friends.

No, they don't. TMP have lost a lot of player base already for more complex rersons, they are not going to suddenly lose a lot of players after having identical server setup, which most players and staff members are ok with, for over 3 years now.

lol, when TMP first started, there was no speed limiter, should of played then, but this is a terrible idea so many people caused so much trouble and mayhem with no speed limiter that TMP was forced to put a speed limiter in, besides, it's the best thing they ever did.

I'm so sick of these threads but it's funny to see people still get triggered over speed limit, some people treat this as a racing game. Trucks in Europe are only meant to go 90 km/h and there is a 110 km/h speed limit, so I find that as a good compromise for both strict simulation players and people who like to go faster. I would consider myself somewhere in between because in areas with not as much traffic I like to go faster but in places like CD road or the Alps route I go closer to the speed limit.

3 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I'm so sick of these threads but it's funny to see people still get triggered over speed limit, some people treat this as a racing game. Trucks in Europe are only meant to go 90 km/h and there is a 110 km/h speed limit, so I find that as a good compromise for both strict simulation players and people who like to go faster. I would consider myself somewhere in between because in areas with not as much traffic I like to go faster but in places like CD road or the Alps route I go closer to the speed limit.

Exactly, my mind set is the same when it's highly populated areas i'm watching more around of other players incase of trouble(most likely happens) I try to avoid these areas anyways since i don't like being trolled by a car/bus/ even a truck, or just people being children about turning left, or passing, being impatient 

Maybe this server is just like the anniversary server, except that you can't drive a police car. I think the server you mentioned should be a server with unlimited speed and collision rules.

GuYing_TMP

TruckersMP   Player

GuYing_TMP's Forum  |  TruckersMP  |  GuYing_TMP

Yeah, just no. Many good reasons already mentioned so I wont bother saying them again. You have people who follow the speed limit and still get wrecked by people insisting on doing mach chicken everywhere. Bump the speed limiter and...same problem, only now we are breaking game physics with crashes. Single player or convoy sounds like the perfect place for anyone who wants to play race truck simulator.

Let me bring some advice to this subject and add my comments.

• For SIM I and SIM II servers, the speed limit must remain constant at 110km/h in crowded areas, areas such as the D-C road or the Alps.  However, the speed limit should be 150 km/h on all roads away from the crowd.

Since you can cause many accidents in crowded areas, I think the current limit is sufficient. However, I think that the speed limit increase in empty areas will not cause a mess.

20 hours ago, Black Alcoa said:

Let me bring some advice to this subject and add my comments.

• For SIM I and SIM II servers, the speed limit must remain constant at 110km/h in crowded areas, areas such as the D-C road or the Alps.  However, the speed limit should be 150 km/h on all roads away from the crowd.

Since you can cause many accidents in crowded areas, I think the current limit is sufficient. However, I think that the speed limit increase in empty areas will not cause a mess.

Exactly.I agree with you

On 8/6/2022 at 10:02 AM, Yuoka said:

As in topic, i think the way we cant just speed is pretty boring. We cant pass any truck, what are the purposes of multiple lanes anymore? Ofc there are people who like realistically with speed limit but there are people who like without speed limit too.

One of the functions of roads with multiple lanes is to allow drivers to safely travel in the same direction at different speeds.

Ideally, slow moving traffic uses the most outer right lanes (UK: most outer left).

As the simulation server hosts both, players who enjoy to drive realistic and players who enjoy to drive at the upper extremes, it is still possible to overtake players who travel at a slower speed than you.

If you are in favor of driving without a speed limit, I recommend to use the arcade server instead of the simulation server.

So back in the day we had a 90km/h speed limit. That was raised to 150km/h. But it was quickly realised that it just gave a lot more trouble. It gave quite a lot more accidents. And so since people diddent want 90km/h we compromised and set it to 110km/h. There are still people who want 90m/h and still people who want 150km/h and so 110km/h is a good compromise. We could enable collisions on arcade servers, but if we look at the TMP birthday server (which is sometimes up when we have the TMP birthday) which is essentially arcade servers with collisions, then that is a really bad idea. People really dont drive well. There is a lot of people intentionally hitting other people. and it would be the same on an arcade server with collision. And then the people on the arcade server gets mad and wants them banned. It is just really a big mess. And so the way we have it now has turned out to be the best of both worlds. 

5 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

And then the people on the arcade server gets mad and wants them banned.

An arcade server with enabled collisions can only be non-moderated and without the option to report.

This however is something I wouldn't like to see TruckersMP advertised by.

The "idiots on the road" videos have caused already enough damage by attracting players with bad manners.

I don't think it will be very good and realistic.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 10:02 AM, Yuoka said:

As in topic, i think the way we cant just speed is pretty boring. We cant pass any truck, what are the purposes of multiple lanes anymore? Ofc there are people who like realistically with speed limit but there are people who like without speed limit too.

Can you elaborate further why you want to drive at excessive speed in a Truck Simulator?

If it bores you to drive a truck at safe speed, I strongly suggest to either use the arcade server or to play another video game.

Archived