Calais: Overall rework suggestions

KDD[HUN]
Message added by James,

Please do not comment with "Great suggestion" or "Thanks for suggesting this" or "I agree" etc. Please use the appropriate reaction.

Message added by James,

2 suggestions have been merged into one topic to make it easier to locate. Therefore, you are able to add your own suggestions regarding Calais here.

Suggestion Name: Non-collision zone in Calais

Suggestion Description: Just as the city of Duisburg has a non-collision zone, the city of Calais needs one. During the daily rush hour, 200-300 players can be found in the city, where there is a pretty drastic FPS drop. The FPS reduction would not be offset by the zone, but a lot of accidents could be avoided.

Any example images:  N/A

Why should it be added?: a lot of bans could be avoided if the city of Calais were placed in a non-collision zone

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

• KDD[HUN] changed the title to Non-collision zone in Calais
  • 2 weeks later...

Calais is one of TruckersMP's busiest city. Many people know the city as the TruckerMP meeting place for players or the place for your first kick or ban. When I published my previous suggestion I got a comment I thought was clever. Therefore, I would like to make a suggestion out of the comment. The comment has been sent out by our faithful Community Manager JamesS014

THE COMMENT
"I am going to move this ahead to the next stage as if this was to be properly discussed, something similar to this might work such as a one way system etc. Perhaps even a better "exit" into Calais would help traffic too"

The comment caught my interest, so I want to introduce you for 

ONE WAY SYSTEM OF CALAIS

SUGGESTION DESCRIPTION:

The busy city of Calais has two potential exits to the motorway. One at the the mechanic and one at the port. The biggest problem today is that only one of the two exits are used. 

This means that its a lot of traffic jams at the garage and mechanic area. This is because everyone is going out the same exit

spacer.png

The traffic light at the green line causes the queue to stop. This causes problems for people who are going out from garages and mechanics. 

If the players had been obliged to turn right instead of left, the flow of traffic would have been much better. 

spacer.png

If we make James's proposal a reality, there would be much less traffic jams, I think. Below you can see a picture of the plan. In order to understand the proposal, you need to know what the lines mean

Red line - Prohibited to use the road
Green - Rush road (Allowed use the road)

Blue Line - Allowed use the road

If this proposal is approved, players must use the information they get from signs. The sign says that it is mandatory to turn right or left. When you get out of the mechanic  is compulsory to turn to the right (

This means that it is forbidden to turn left) 

The green line is the road that leads to the entrance/exit of Callais. Everyone who wants to get in/out of the city must therefore drive on this road. 

If you are coming from the harbor to go to the mechanic are you are obliged to turn left after the roundabout. The advantage of this is that you do not obstruct/disrupt traffic that is on its way out of town on Rush road. 

When you have turned left you can continue all the way to the mechanic. When you are right next to the mechanic you have to be aware that many players are on their way through the city. You are also obliged to turn right at this intersection. When you have finished at the mechanic you are obliged to turn right after this you can follow Rush road all the way out of town. 

From now on, it will be mandatory to drive out of the city at the port. You can arrive in the city at the first exit down to the mechanic or continue to the roundabout by the harbor and take a left.

spacer.png

Why are large parts of the city closed?
When there is a queue in the outermost field at the mechanic, this creates problems for people going in and out. When traffic in the outermost field is eliminated, it becomes easier to create better accessibility and communication through the city

What do I need to be aware of if this proposal is approved?
Should this work optimally. As a player, do you need to know the meaning of signs: 

spacer.png     Turning right compulsory

spacer.png     Left turn mandatory

Good interaction between players is also important. 

WHY SHOULD IT BE ADDED?

The system has a purpose to create a good flow in Calais. 

There will be less traffic jam in the city. 

Created by Kzumastormz

• Upvote 9

spacer.png

• 3 months later...
  • James changed the title to Calais: Overall rework suggestions
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, KDD[HUN] said:

Suggestion Name: Non-collision zone in Calais

Suggestion Description: Just as the city of Duisburg has a non-collision zone, the city of Calais needs one. During the daily rush hour, 200-300 players can be found in the city, where there is a pretty drastic FPS drop. The FPS reduction would not be offset by the zone, but a lot of accidents could be avoided.

Any example images:  N/A

Why should it be added?: a lot of bans could be avoided if the city of Calais were placed in a non-collision zone

A NCZ for this area (and for all others as well) has been implemented already on the arcade server. You should give it a try.

Not just that, Duisburg is no longer a NCZ area, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to turn Calais into one now. This being said, the only way to improve the current situation in Calais would be the map modifications, but...

Honestly, I hate map modifications in TruckersMP, because being a World of Trucks jobs driver myself, it usually means that any modified areas become a no-go place for me (synchronization errors in WoTr jobs). Not too worried about Duisburg, because it's 100% avoidable, but Calais is one of the main access points to/from the UK when coming or going to any places in central/eastern Europe, so depending on the changes, it could be a real annoyance for players doing WoTr external jobs, who would need to take detours towards other ferry points or suffer from those synchronization errors if we forget to change our routes beforehand.

• Upvote 2

First: The collision-free area should not be recommended because it is not realistic
Second: If a collision-free zone is proposed, remove the traffic light in the city of Calais
Now I would like to suggest adding traffic lights near two gas stations from Calais to Duisburg as it is close to 600km and will help players to slow down when entering gas stations and avoid accidents

I often see people causing accidents when at the gas station from the direction of CD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CD Road Suggestion Add on:
Changing the Dutch road on the CD Route to the Dutch highway A67 and possibly add the City of Eindhoven.
Example Image: N/A
Reason: It would make the road in that part wider, it would add the place where DAF was founded and it would more realistic as the A67 is almost exactly where the Dutch part of the CD Route is.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:07 PM, XanderSyr said:

CD Road Suggestion Add on:
Changing the Dutch road on the CD Route to the Dutch highway A67 and possibly add the City of Eindhoven.
Example Image: N/A
Reason: It would make the road in that part wider, it would add the place where DAF was founded and it would more realistic as the A67 is almost exactly where the Dutch part of the CD Route is.

I've done some researching and looks like the A16 which goes over the CD road, is in the wrong place honestly, it would be the A2. Exact same with the ETS2 Parclo junction, but the A73 isn't more closer to Rotterdam, I guess that's fine but, Eindhoven should be on the map, like what the staff did with TruckersMP HQ in Poland.

I can't seem to do with uploading my ideas, but I'm gonna link it to my twitter post that I am gonna make.

Just now, BriswallGaming said:

I've done some researching and looks like the A16 which goes over the CD road, is in the wrong place honestly, it would be the A2. Exact same with the ETS2 Parclo junction, but the A73 isn't more closer to Rotterdam, I guess that's fine but, Eindhoven should be on the map, like what the staff did with TruckersMP HQ in Poland.

I can't seem to do with uploading my ideas, but I'm gonna link it to my twitter post that I am gonna make.

I've made the specific post, so here it is: 

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2022 at 10:22 AM, BriswallGaming said:

If you can, try to trace whatever route the CD road goes on while in Belgium & Netherlands, in Google Maps so I can work out what is best.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time at my hands at the moment.

The following link to Googlemaps shows the closest I could manage so far:

Click me!

Can we all discuss more about improving CD road and Calais itself? There are at least 500+ people on the road itself (including city and intersection), another idea that I would want to see is  link the roundabout near the CD road (the one north of Duisburg), to the actual road itself. Also, suggesting further, extend the road into Dusseldorf and realign the road to the roundabout, new access road for Tradeaux, CD road link, and Dusseldorf highway extension.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion Description : 

Calais is the city with the most players present and with the famous Calais-Duisburg road, this does not help, all these factors make that there are a lot of accidents (compared to other cities), traffic jams etc. .... 

That's why, to avoid as much as possible the ban and the long waiting of the players (and the heavy work of moderators) , I suggest to redo the entrance and the exit of the city.

What would I suggest? :

I have created a plan that I thought would solve the problem.

The plan remains rough, but it is understandable enough to share it !

calais.jpg.398f5cf23bfb38eec7f89d16321a8a5b.jpg

The Map Legend :

legend1.jpg.8852fd95d70f49ea9cf8f1944697d13a.jpg = Intersection with traffic light

Legend2.jpg.d9598a1536f6fd20947daa76ec1a4e27.jpg = Road for trucks only (with Smart Sign)

Legend3.jpg.2dfee066b4ed16d79ca67234e8ce3dbf.jpg = Prohibition

Listing all, I propose to add: 

- Another garage entrance 
- Move the dealer
- Two roundabouts (one at the place of the intersection to enter the city and the other at the place of LKW)

- Move LKW
- A road only for trucks (to sort out a bit from there)
- A small road that is directly connected to the death road (Calais-Duisburg)
- Another road that is connected from the intersection at the bottom of the garage to the other road passing by the highway (so that the players can get out if needed) (I also added a gas station as there is none directly in the city but it's still a plus).

On the port side, I didn't touch anything.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything  😬

Why should it be added? :

It should be added to fluidify the traffic and to limit the traffic jams and accidents by putting several entry and exit in the city.

By KarThon10 and this translator (because I don't have  the right level of English, I apologize for the language mistakes due to the translator)

• 11 months later...