Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

TMP Client loosing In-Game Time Synchronization with Server and Cargo Economy and crashing!

Since 8 - 6 Weeks i have multiple Random Game Crashes during a normal Gameplay. There were no Entrys in any Game Log which giving me a Hint what causes theese Crashes.  Just a dull Crash to Desktop and of Course a Message after Restart by ETS2 but nothing in the Logfiles.
In Single Player the Game can run 10 Hours without any Issues, even with Mods and do not crashing.

Normally, when i connecting to the Server, i go to Sleep or chose the Towing to the Service to synchronizing my Client with the Server In-Game Time. From the early days of TMP,  it was a known Issue that the Client were out of sync, if there were no Cargo in the List.

Now it seems, the Client is no longer synching himself correctly with the Server when i finished a Job, used a Ferry or anything else.

As Example:

I took a Job in Dover to Cologone with a Delivery Time of 13 Hours. Then i went to the Harbour and sleep there. The remaining Time of 13 Hours went down to 8 Hours. As next i took the Ferry from Dover to Calais and the remaining Time went down to 2.45 Hours. 4 Minutes Later, my Game crashed randomly on the Highway. After reconnect, i´ve made it with a remaining time of 20 Minutes!

Keep in Mind, i am talking about In-Game Time. If i would play in Single Player, then it would be normal. But not in TruckersMP Multiplayer, because the Multiplayer In-Game Time runs slower than the Single Player Time. But somehow, the Client is running with Default Single Player Time, even when it is connected to the Server, which you can see here in the Video, if you check the Clock.

https://streamable.com/rlgmph

The Question is, who Else having Problems with the Cargo List and Time Synch with the Server! Is it just me or are there More?

I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

First thing, economy is not synchronized with the server, economy is still client side, but the game time is synchronized everytime you log in to the server along with job lists being "refreshed" (not hard economy reset).

Do not confuse server time with game time, "/time" chat command  shows server time in UTC (useful when making reports or similar), which is not what you see on the game clock. Time scale is 1:6 on TMP servers, compared to singleplayer, about 3 times slower outside cities, but also twice as fast in cities. 

When you sleep, travel by ferry or do anything that normally advances game time in singleplayer, this will not happen in TruckersMP server where game time is controlled by server, but all these actions will still advance time for client side aspects of the game, like economy, hired drivers, bank loans etc., and of course, time remaining for delivery will be reduced appropriately.

This problem happens frequently if you bought the cargo and loads from the game's own free run module.

However, this is not a problem when you load a load for yourself from the TruckersMP TAB partition. I suggest you try it. But this problem you mention is really annoying. I hope you can find a solution soon. Good games.

Thanks for your explanations, i am still investigating. I can see some Issues which could be the reason for the crash, but it takes time to reproduce them.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess i found to reason why my game crashed. I "played" with the value numbers of the "smothing distance" of the etsmp config to improve the performance. It seems the number was to high, which causes the crashes. After reducing it my game is now running stable, again! ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section.

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived