Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

The Leeds Lad's Multiplayer-Friendly Mods

HeyI'mAmethyst

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job, makes it easier to play the hybrids without having to learn how to make the mods and access the correct files.

Reading the recent SCS post about how they have finally got permission to use the Mercedes brand name in the game, and how much work was involved, showing them showcase images etc., and presumably guarantees about no visible damage, and all that, makes me wonder though: would SCS possibly object if lots of MP videos and photos started coming out of hybrid trucks, which look different to the 'factory standard'? I have no idea, but just a thought crossed my mind. I doubt it, but you never know...

Did SCS complain that Promods made a Scandinavia map available free when they were gonna make it as a paid for DLC? No. So I don't see why they will complain about the hybrids. The only people that could possibly complain are the companies themselves. Many people have used their trademarked names in free trucks and even made real logos mods for the first ETS and for majestic. I have not seen one instance where they complained. Could be wrong though.

In my opinion, I don't see any reason why they should complain. I only made this for fun, not to be funny with the companies!

If a company issues me a takedown notice, then I will adhere to it. But its more likely for me to become King of England than that happening.

Sorry for the novel :D

Heh, yes I think it's extremely unlikely - it would be the companies complaining to SCS, but really unlikely to happen. It was a just a thought that went through my mind, a sort of 'what if'. You have no need to worry though! ;)

I really like the Iveco High-Way however I had to go in and edit the mod myself to replace the default side-skirt with the mercedes one as it crashed when doing it in-game and it was distracting how the iveco side-skirt covered the front wheel, also do you know what are the names to point to the different wheels? As I said it crashes when changing anything in-game and don't know what SCS used to name the wheels in the def.

Kalido.jpg

Selecting some truck's interiors in the Customise Configuration make the game crash. I reccomend that you don't customise your truck.

Some trucks have their grill missing or have a mercedes grill style black, erm, thing, such as the Renault Premium and the Daf E6. As far as I'm concerned there is no way to fix this. Sorry.

First line: well thats useless w/o file editing or adding a specific truck for it ;P

Second line: this can be fixed, but it has to have the chassis of the cab bought (volvo/volvo then swap chasis to Benz/volvo cab) then file edit to the chassis you want (my hybrid had the issue)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Archived