Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Hot Topic #48: Buses!

James

Hey ?

Personally I think this addition to the TruckersMP network is amazing, I've driven multiple lines with no issues what so ever. The bus model is extremely well made just like all the buses by DBus World, overall I would give this update a 10 out of 10 raiting as its truly awesome to have buses in TruckersMP. 

I hope that there are more buses in the future but I do understand that this takes a lot of time to do so hopefuly next year we can see another bus implemented into the game.

Anyway I would like to say a massive thanks to the TruckersMP Developers and DBus Developers for making this possible and I cant wait to see what comes next.

• Awesome! 1

JCBBuilds
Owner of Night's Truckstyling Discord
 discord.gg/6h5pS5RbE5

DBus World is great, the buses are very high quality and the handling feels just right - I feel sorry for all the keyboard racers out there, this si probably not for you and not what you expected, most of negative feedback will be from these people.

Anyway, I am not going to use this bus for just one reason.

It's a city bus that feels out of place driving on inter city lines - the 3 out of 4 Dbus World buses are city/urban buses that are great to drive on 1:1 scale maps (Pomezania, Grand Utopia), but much less suitable for default or Promods map.

And it has to be the electric one, that would realistically not be able to handle any of the lines with the limited range, but I guess it has super high capacity batteries making it even less realistic.

Only one of the 4 buses is suitable for default map in my opinion, as it's a coach bus and should have been your pick from the beginning and would have resulted in much better reception.

So unless this oneevadys_box2.jpg is supported, along with AI traffic, I will pass and stick to singleplayer.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

Hope the other bus models get added, the range on the electric one is poor ( goes like nothing ) top speed is 60mph....seen a lot of aggressive drivers attacking people with a bus!

The website instructions on how to use the mod are not clear, what it doesnt tell you is you need to subscribe to the DBus World Assets on steam, then run the client & make an account, then login & choose your route & then finally start the TMP launcher! if you dont do that it wont work ( if you dont get a SDK message at the profile screen it aint working ). Having driven all the buses i honestly hope they add the Iveco becasue its the best one of the lot.

Final note, the bus only has one drive gear which is 0 - 60mph you cant make it go any faster than it does ( it will go over when going downhill but it willl drop back to 60 ) oh & be wary the front is ncz so people may think your hacking ( its stated in the post that its ncz ). P.S would be nice to use the truck wheels on the bus becasue the default ones look dull ( yes trucks & bus/ coaches share wheels etc irl )

2 minutes ago, Granite said:

DBus World is great, the buses are very high quality and the handling feels just right - I feel sorry for all the keyboard racers out there, this si probably not for you and not what you expected, most of negative feedback will be from these people.

Anyway, I am not going to use this bus for just one reason.

It's a city bus that feels out of place driving on inter city lines - the 3 out of 4 Dbus World buses are city/urban buses that are great to drive on 1:1 scale maps (Pomezania, Grand Utopia), but much less suitable for default or Promods map.

And it has to be the electric one, that would realistically not be able to handle any of the lines with the limited range, but I guess it has super high capacity batteries making it even less realistic.

Only one of the 4 buses is suitable for default map in my opinion, as it's a coach bus and should have been your pick from the beginning and would have resulted in much better reception.

So unless this oneevadys_box2.jpg is supported, along with AI traffic, I will pass and stick to singleplayer.

Exactly, they literally picked one of the worst buses & i can say that having tried them all! That Iveco is a beast

• Like 1

I thinkl it was fantastic, we've never had something so different. 

We have two speeds for each engine used, with 76km and 90km being perfect for a bus.

Whoever was expecting to go out there running at 110km I think was disappointed.

Thanks to the efforts of the TMP Team for bringing this partnership.

ets2_20220710_194450_00.png

Done a few routes and i’m still a little unsure what i think of it. The idea of buses in game is just amazing! But i feel personally the bus is really basic! The brakes are horrible, very little way of customising and i personally not a lover of 3 doors.. I’m more of a coach person, and would love to see a coach in the game in the future! 

some Areas of TruckersMP today were totally crazy, i mean you can’t even keep the servers clear of trolls and people who just drive like maniacs, people driving cars was bad enough, now got to deal with Bus drivers too! Reporting system is totally messed up, 14 day reports still waiting whole some from 4/5 days ago, accepted. 

rather than buses, I would’ve personally liked the ability to use truck customisation mods officially in-game. 

i’ll do a couple if trips a week, but apart from that i’ll stick to trucking or Fernbus. 

rating is 3/10, But this could change in future of the possibilities of future development are endless

5 hours ago, Black Alcoa said:

Unfortunately. I can't give a good comment about the buses. Overall I would give it a rating of 2 out of 10, including usage. Disappointing.

spacer.png
spacer.png

The front of the bus is no collision because the bus is long so when you approach a gate you need to close to the gate therefor if the front of the bus wasn't no collision you wouldn't be able to open the gate and go thru.

• Thanks 2

Hubs.

TruckersMP - Player

Enjoy Your Day!

14 hours ago, mcglynn14 said:

The buses them self are a good idea and i will be using them sometimes but the players are driving the buses to slowly when driving and another problem is the dbus world client isn't going to work for players who only play on 1 screen i have tried to set up a bus route from calais to dortmond when i hal alt tab out of the game and just says waiting for game to start and when i tab back in the game i am still wating for the bus route to start so there 1 problem and it would be nice to have more paint jobs for the buses where you can have 2 colours and more

I play on one screen and don't have problems because using ALT+TAB on Win11. First you need start DBus World Client then TruckersMP Client. When you in the game use ALT+TAB and choose TMP map and line and click on start button. Go back with ALT+TAB in the game and be in Calais city (if you use this route), open DBus Client plugin window and check if you have "loaded" plugin, you can see button "On" and "Off" on right side you can see if your plugin loaded. Now your route showing and you can start with mission. Hope I help you.

@omnipresent To fix the issue, head to C:\Users\<your system username>\Documents\hry_core\ets2\keybinds and remove core.json file from there. This will reset the UI toggle button to default value. 

• Thanks 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Those having trouble with brakes on this bus:

Engine brake seem way more effective than brake pedal, using it in combintation slows down the bus very quickly.

Manual retarder don't seem to work but if set to automatic it does work and helps with braking, also works with cruise control.

7 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Final note, the bus only has one drive gear which is 0 - 60mph you cant make it go any faster than it does ( it will go over when going downhill but it willl drop back to 60 )

I think it's like this IRL, electric vehicles don't really have transmissions, they still have gears and differentials, but there's no need for multi stage transmission because of electric motor flexibility, which can produce any or maximum power at any speed and rpm. Most electric vehicles have one gear, but some high performance have two and I think in Formula E some have 3 gears. This helps to cut already ridiculous prices down, as well as weight and maintenance costs.

Besides it's likely intentionally designed with gear ratio in favor of economy to maximize range of the vehicle, low power coupled with heavy weight (this bus is stuffed with heavy batteries) does not help either.

oh & be wary the front is ncz so people may think your hacking ( its stated in the post that its ncz )

A common problem with bus mods in ETS2, activators need to go behind front axle, pretty much in the middle of the vehicle, which is often too far back without hitting something. A much easier solution than editing a map for every problematic activator, which could in turn make them buggy for trucks and would be nightmare to track and maintain after every game update.

P.S would be nice to use the truck wheels on the bus becasue the default ones look dull ( yes trucks & bus/ coaches share wheels etc irl )

Yes, why even allowing them to show up in customization menu, if we can't use them (no problem in singleplayer though)? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

I hope the usage of buses in the infamous area in and around Duisburg and Calais is deactivated...?

Noooo... Let them stay there as long as they want... It's what I always say, the more people in one place, the more that place will become a magnet for trolls. And everywhere else will be safer. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Personally not tried yet.

But I can see several interesting feedbacks (some that I mentioned after watching the Twitch stream):

• Using a city bus for inter-city journeys doesn't make sense: 1-gear electric bus limited to 90Km/h on motorway with not many stops is boring for many. There should be either routes with several stops in a small area or a different bigger combustion engine bus with gears and higher speed
  • Having a separate client on top of TMP still feels a bit like "beta" phase. I'm a bit bothered to have to register to DBus and install this other tool. Up to the point where I might just not install it and simply use the bus and make my own journey (stop where I want etc...) since there is no job tracking and payment anyway.
  • Seems a bit strange to have the front of the bus "collision free". I understand the reason (bus too long for some parts of the map) but I think it should be treated in priority to keep a certain level of overall game quality instead of slowly moving into a "beta"/"in-dev" constant state.
  • "Trolls are really enjoying it": yes indeed! But is that a surprise? They will jump on any occasion to create chaos. We just need a better moderation system (debated tones of times already).

There are also several feedbacks for which I disagree:

• Bus too slow: no it's not. It's an electric city bus. What can you expect for it? The only scenario where this bus it indeed too slow is on the motorway where it's not adapted. But as @Granite rightfully mentioned it's not a racing game and most people asking for a fast bus with super sharp brakes should switch game and go play Forza, Gran Turismo or whatever racing game they prefer!
  • "Buses have nothing to do in TMP. It's about trucks only": I would understand this argument if we had AI traffic and the experience would already be very realistic. But unfortunately at the moment outside popular areas it feels really dead and boring. Having people driving bus routes should bring more variety and more people of various map areas. Also, if there were city only routes (or small areas routes) with several stops it would also make things more interesting as truckers would have to be careful with buses stopping and coming back on the road regularly.
  • "Can't customise much", "there is just one bus to chose from?!", "only 1 electric engine, no combustion engine or gears?!": well it was day 1 yesterday! You can't expect the team to come up with a fully developed new system with many options while we don't even know if people will like the concept? Imagine after 2 weeks people just stop playing saying they really don't like the concept and prefer using trucks? It would have been a pure waste of time to spend that much time developing a system with many buses, customisations, engines, interactions etc.... I think starting small and improving with the time and feedbacks from players is fair! Especially when you take into account that all this is FREE and mostly done by volunteers.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

I'm still yet to use the bus but I do like the approach TMP is going with this! As someone waiting for SCS software to consider Euro Coach Simulator, I think this is a great alternative for now! I personally haven't used Dbus before but have used Trucky's bus system which works pretty well. 

I also think this introduction will welcome some new players from the bus communities such as Omsi or Bus simulator 18. Congrats on the release ?

banner