my problems with the community:

_europeantrucks_

im not even talking about the traffic situation and all the crashes on certain roads, what i want to talk about is: tags, chat and the behavior ...

you might have seen people with REC in their tag and for some reasons most of them drive very reckless which is actually doublemoralic. (maybe i overacted a bit here but come on)

speaking of REC. in the chat we see this word very often which is a bit weird because it doesnt make sense in any context to write it. i can understand if you write it because youre frustrated over that

100% intentionally crash caused from another player, BUT people also say rec for the smallest mistakes of others and i wonder whats their intention...? my supposition is that they want to see others get banned for fun sometimes

and this is just toxic behavior which isnt good for the game...

today i also expierienced something where i thought "wtf". today when i came back to düsseldorf i saw a very toxic and cringy conversation in which 2 guys*  hated on someones truck pretty hard.  i dont know if they just trolled him or meant it serious

fact is that it was bad and it made me write this. 

* from vtc thermo liner and frigoTrans.NL which I think are Vtcs with alot reputation which made it even worse in my opinion

I know my english expression isnt very good anyway i hope you know what i mean and can discuss over it

Hey,

Honestly i think most of the “REC” messages are more like threats than real actions.

” let me type rec and he might stop”

I’m not the kind of guy that reports everything, most of the times i just let it go because it’s not worth it, until they actually get toxic and disrespectful even though they are to blame.

But I recently noticed more and more trolls, toxic players, maybe because i spend more time in Sim1 than Promods.

What I do is that i actually record everything, just in case I need to defend myself.

And i think it won’t get any better, might get worse actually?

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

My opinion is that many people type "rec" in the chat when:

• they have been badly crashed and want to let the other know they are not happy and he was recorded.
  • they saw someone doing something stupid or want to put pressure on someone doing something stupid (i.e. blocking the road while turning) because they can't wait more than 5sec, but they know it will be rejected in a web or in-game report as it's a very small/short offense that doesn't deserve anything.
  • they are actually NOT recording but want to scare people to make sure they won't do it again.

But, to simplify, it's basically a TMP/politically correct way to say "F**K YOU!!!" 

And when it's a tag next to their nickname it's simply to scare trolls so that they don't ram into their truck.

2 hours ago, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

* from vtc thermo liner and frigoTrans.NL which I think are Vtcs with alot reputation which made it even worse in my opinion

Ooh don't even get me started. Not to be rude but ever since thermoliner stereothermo and these kinds of VTCs appeared on TMP a lot in my opinion seems have gone downhill. Especially Dusseldorf which you mentioned, I think it is a meeting place for them now. Their drivers also cannot really drive which is funny. This all is from my point of view, nothing made up.

5 hours ago, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

im not even talking about the traffic situation and all the crashes on certain roads, what i want to talk about is: tags, chat and the behavior ...

you might have seen people with REC in their tag and for some reasons most of them drive very reckless which is actually doublemoralic. (maybe i overacted a bit here but come on)

speaking of REC. in the chat we see this word very often which is a bit weird because it doesnt make sense in any context to write it. i can understand if you write it because youre frustrated over that

100% intentionally crash caused from another player, BUT people also say rec for the smallest mistakes of others and i wonder whats their intention...? my supposition is that they want to see others get banned for fun sometimes

today i also expierienced something where i thought "wtf". today when i came back to düsseldorf i saw a very toxic and cringy conversation in which 2 guys*  hated on someones truck pretty hard.  i dont know if they just trolled him or meant it serious

fact is that it was bad and it made me write this. 

I know my english expression isnt very good anyway i hope you know what i mean and can discuss over it

Like Witcher mentioned, most people say "Rec" as a threat to make the other person stop trolling. But to say that to people who probably crashed by accident is little overreacting, and yes I do agree that can take away the fun of the game. 

I am in the same boat as Witcher, I do not say rec or even report anyone if they crash to me or even are trolls, I just ignore them. Trolls will always exist in multiplayer games, soon enough they will get punishment anyway. 

I don't understand why people say o/ when hi is just as many characters. I also don't understand why people say "nub" why not just say noob? are people really that triggered by the word noob? 

Edit having "lag" in your tag as if "lag" is a reasonable excuse to drive recklessly! and wintermod... 

Don't feed the trolls!

Their aim is to provoke a response or reaction.

This can be done by stating "rec" and/ or "ban" to lure you into breaking the rules.

Keep calm.

Imagine that terms like "rec" or "ban" are a synonym of "have a nice day" and move along.

Last but not least, simply follow the three R's:

Record, Report, Relax.

12 hours ago, LittleCov said:

Edit having "lag" in your tag as if "lag" is a reasonable excuse to drive recklessly! and wintermod... 

Yeah but they hope people won't report them because they think this player crashed by mistake! ?

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Imagine that terms like "rec" or "ban" are a synonym of "have a nice day" and move along.

I'm sure it does ?

13 hours ago, Shadows. said:

I am in the same boat as Witcher, I do not say rec or even report anyone if they crash to me or even are trolls, I just ignore them. Trolls will always exist in multiplayer games

That's called surrender. You can of course have this attitude it's your right. But I don't think it will help to reduce or even stabilise the number of trolls ?

13 hours ago, Shadows. said:

soon enough they will get punishment anyway.

Do you have some interesting confidential information we don't have? Or are you talking about some spiritual forces? ?

18 hours ago, twix bar said:

Ooh don't even get me started. Not to be rude but ever since thermoliner stereothermo and these kinds of VTCs appeared on TMP a lot in my opinion seems have gone downhill. Especially Dusseldorf which you mentioned, I think it is a meeting place for them now. Their drivers also cannot really drive which is funny. This all is from my point of view, nothing made up.

stereothermo and frigoTrans.NL are normally great vtcs. but i cant tell you how many problems i had with people from thermoliner especially the germans

6 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Yeah but they hope people won't report them because they think this player crashed by mistake! ?

I'm sure it does ?

That's called surrender. You can of course have this attitude it's your right. But I don't think it will help to reduce or even stabilise the number of trolls ?

Do you have some interesting confidential information we don't have? Or are you talking about some spiritual forces? ?

Well true in some ways, but the trolls will get there punishment in some way, unfortunately I can't report as I do not use a recording tool since it affects my gaming, that is also a factor in my case. 

5 hours ago, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

stereothermo and frigoTrans.NL are normally great vtcs. but i cant tell you how many problems i had with people from thermoliner especially the germans

You could of also recorded and reported to their HR Team. I am pretty sure they care a lot for their reputation 

Imo the toxicity within the community has increashed drastically in the recent years - especially with the 'rec' thing.
I've been playing since 2015, where the game was way more enjoyable. Those were the times where you could hit someone (or get hit) and just laught it off (most of the time ofc).

But the times has changed a lot and now you cannot avoid seeing the classic "rec", "reported" etc. which annoys me every single time.
There's little to none space for errors and people are waaaaay too busy getting rid of each other or threatening with recording - kinda sad.

On 7/7/2022 at 6:29 PM, twix bar said:

Düsseldorf is one of the primary meetup places - that goes for most of those types of groups. Thermo Liner, Stereo, OldSkool Club etc.

And yes, not all of them knows how to behave or drive properly.
The groups i've managed used to punish bad behaviour and driving but I don't know if TLG does the same.

TruckersMP provides rules and terms for VTCs. You can find them here.

Players who are guilty of violating these or the TruckersMP rules  are subject to punishment.
If you witness such violations, you are entitled to perpetuate evidence and use it to report them using the web report system.

Thinking aloud, if multiple players of the same VTC repeatedly and evidently violate the rules, and the VTC owners have received a prior demand note/ warning to take corrective actions, I'd consider to punish the VTC itself, for example by temporary revoking their rights to use the TruckersMP services. I'm aware this equals an collective punishment. However, it might be an eye-opener for owners and members of the VTC in question.

I also have rec inside for the following reason:

I use Trucky with the function when you get rammed that a video has been made automatically.

This is just to show to the outside world that if someone thinks they're going to ram me, I have to take the consequences.

No more and no less!

If someone thinks that this is in the wrong place, I naturally ask myself whether this person adheres to the TMP's terms and conditions or even exceeds them on purpose.

It is also correct that there are drivers who have a double standard, they would also have to be permanently banned because such people usually collect videos for clicks on the Internet.

I play for almost 1 month now. The worst guy I encountered was driving very reckless, blasting the horn everytime he was near someone. He started merging in my lane as soon as his truck passed me, cutting me off with his trailer. I couldn't control myself, and chased him down when I finished my delivery and made him crash. Fun times. It wasn't very polite of me to do this but how else would they learn if they don't get a taste of their own medicine.

1 hour ago, ycekube said:

I couldn't control myself, and chased him down when I finished my delivery and made him crash. Fun times. It wasn't very polite of me to do this but how else would they learn if they don't get a taste of their own medicine

I advise against such behavior, because the other player could report you for violating the rules and eventually you will be the one who receives a punishment.

Just Record, Report and Relax

Many trolls and novice players display these attitudes, which is annoying as can be, but remember, ignore them, they will mess with you more if you reply. This type of player is my least favorite type of player.

2025704570_role_Add-OnTeam2.jpg   

Youtube | Steam | TruckersMP 

Discord = Shadel#0001

Most of the time i make hate speech with my friends, just for the purpose of troll ? "nub, tasteless etc.." and they understand that its a joke and they respond to me, we laugh and have fun. idk why other players are doing this 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 2:41 PM, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

I definitely agree with this. There are many many players that record literally everything and drive specifically on the C-D road to farm some reports. When it comes down to the reasoning people do this, they may want to prove to the game mod leaders that they are capable of becoming admin because "they reported people". And this is a stupid mindset for people to have because becoming a game moderator requires good decision making and meaningless reports will mainly just prove the fact that they don't usually consider who is actually at fault there. (However I'm not the one to assume reasoning because there are many reasons. This is just one of the reasons)

I think having an attitude of "I'm a perfect driver and everyone around me are idiots" or displaying a REC tag is toxic and obnoxious behaviour (might be an overstatement). The thing is that most of the time, not a lot of people actually learn anything from the accident because the report system really only relies on banning bad drivers without telling the user what they could have done differently (game mods feel free to correct me here if I am wrong). However, like a lot of people have mentioned, it's best not to respond as they are just baiting you to make a mistake! 

I hope no one takes offense to this but what I usually do to make myself feel better about individuals that say "rec ban 0000" or be toxic is:

• To have the mindset that they sit down, playing ETS2 24/7 and the fact that they have never touched grass before and love to report people for a living.
  • To assume that the people that rec ban for a living are the same people to bully other road users and drive in the most reckless way possible.
  • To never assume that you will always be at fault just because they rec banned. Don't forget, the game moderators have a say to this and the recorder can also get banned as well.
  • And to take a break from TruckersMP. I usually play other games as well and I think they might help you take your mind off the rec banner.
  • EDIT: also remember the fact that TMP is just pixels. 
  • Could we also have a petition to rename TruckersMP to "Rec ban simulator 2022".

Thank you for creating this topic. I thought it was quite interesting ^_^

If any of you happen to have heard of or watch "Ashley Neal" on YouTube, you'll most likely see many drivers that are deluded and think they are in the right when they aren't. This is when people should never assume they are the best driver as that's a dangerous mindset to have.

banner

I absolutely understand what you are trying to say here. People saying or having REC is much more a threat than action most times. I see people record and claim wrong when it's actually the game or latencies fault. I think people need to be more relaxed and understanding in the environment we are in. The ones with REC just driving around in cars do not help the community. We have Admins and each other for a reason. 

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived