What's possible in TruckersMP?

delboyspencer

Been away for many years now and wanted to know what changes have been made since my days of being a game moderator. 

Is it possible to pick up the same job as your friend so you can drive to the same location?

Any mod support? I see obviously that external ones are still not allowed but have any internal (TMP Team) ones been added.

Just wanting to find out the limitations and see where the mod is at.

SCS convoy's just won't work for me and my friend(constant disconnects) which is why I'm trying the game again but seems I could be taking an even longer break from the game...possibly?

Regards

Spencer

MY Ingame Status:image.png

In game rules can be found here:https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

Hello, I can see your position history but there are nothing staff history, maybe you can be very old staff that's why I cant see history. 

If we will speak about TruckersMP development I think it's really better than old, I can only follow the TruckersMP at the Youtube videos because of my working life, but I can't wait for playing this wonderful game again, I suggest you look into this page : https://truckersmp.com/blog so you can have some informations about TruckersMP development. 

Been away for many years now and wanted to know what changes have been made since my days of being a game moderator.

•  I would like to mention that I have not been able to see any information about whether the TruckersMP profile has been switched to any admin permissions, but if you are asking (what has changed on TruckersMP?) I recommend that you go into the Game and compare it to when you used to play. Because with the new updates, TruckersMP has Had a Very Nice Person. The number of players, the parts that are new to the sponsors, how to earn in-game achievements and show them on the TruckersMP profile, etc. Many things came.

Is it possible to pick up the same job as your friend so you can drive to the same location?

• The answer to this question is yes. With the new updates coming to TruckersMP, it is now possible to do this.

Any mod support? I see obviously that external ones are still not allowed but have any internal (TMP Team) ones been added.

• Mod support in TruckersMP, unfortunately, has still not been brought. But now there is also mod support in SCSMP.

Just wanting to find out the limitations and see where the mod is at.

• Currently, Truckers are also on the map; They are limited to the Inner City (60), the Out-of-Town (from 70 to 80) and the Out-of-Town (December 10). This Euro Trucks Simulator 2 proves to be an excellent way to add realism and simulation to the game. I just want to learn the limitations and see where the mode is.

SCS convoy's just won't work for me and my friend(constant disconnects) which is why I'm trying the game again but seems I could be taking an even longer break from the game...possibly?

• The person who opened the server has a bad internet connection and has a chance to get rid of it. But I think you can solve it by doing more research on this topic, my friend.

Kind regards....?

spacer.png

Steam Youtube  | Truckersmp

Discord Nick: Whiτe.#0002

You can see I was staff via my very early posts If that matters at all? I was staff when Vodka was Community Manager.

Anyway thanks for the replies and happy that you can at least grab the same location deliveries but realised that this isn't via 

external contract(World of truck jobs?).

Regards

Spencer

In game rules can be found here:https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

First of all, welcome back!

Now, to the question, what has changed? It would depend on when you stopped using TMP,  but assuming that it was before 2019...

There is not EU#1 and EU#2 anymore. TMP implemented the "Road to Simulation" changes that made the servers be "Simulation" or "Arcade". In Simulation, there's a 110 Km/h (80 mph in ATS) speed limit, all rules apply and has become the "default" server for most players, in Arcade there are no speed limits, but collisions among players have been disabled. Rules regarding road traffic, like ramming, blocking, driving on the wrong side of a road, etc. don't apply there, for obvious reasons. Besides, there are more servers, located in EU (France, IIRC), US (Canada, to be more precise) and SGP (Singapore). There are also Simulation and Arcade servers for Promods users, which brings us to the "supported mods" question:

As of now, only 2 mods are supported: Promods map expansion and Grimes' seasonal mods. Grimes' mod works in all servers, Promods, only in the dedicated ones. Other than this, some people use "save-editing" to modify their games so they can add accessories, paints, etc. that are not in the base game, but only for them to see, other players would see defaults. Internally, there's the Scout car and a couple new "alternating vehicles", one for everyone to use, another one exclusive for Patreon subscribers. These vehicles are changed every 4 weeks, are based on AI vehicles from the game and they can be cars, vans, SUVs, small rigid trucks, etc. Another thing that is still being "debugged" and will come shortly is Bus support, a Bus will be added to the TMP so players can get it and (from what I understand) even do jobs with it.

About the possibility to drive with a friend, yes, TMP implemented the "Job Dispatcher", where any player can create a custom job, choosing city of origin/destination, companies, trailers, cargoes and then share that job so friends can just "accept" and have the exact same job, as long as they have it available, of course, this feature can be limited if the friend doesn't have certain DLCs (maps, cargoes, trailers) or not enough Level/Skills to do the job.

Another recent change is that there are not "Permanent bans due to history" anymore. When people are banned 5 times in a 12 months period (it used to be 6 times/12 months long ago) they are not banned forever, but only for 90 days. Players who had been banned for this reasons have been "amnestied" and are able to use TMP again.

Surely, there are a lot more things that have changed, but those are the most significant IMO and anyway they the only ones that have come to my mind now, so... ?

EDIT: Another pretty significant change that I just realized: SCS Convoys. Before this feature existed, the amount of players in TMP was like twice what it is now. This means that a huge % of the map in TruckersMP feels empty, specially in DLC areas, since most of the players who have stayed will most of the time stay in the "base map" areas and too many of them (IMO) in the "Idiots on the road" infamous places, like the Calais - Duisburg road or the recently added (by SCS, in the Austria rework) alpine road near Innsbruck/Klagenfurt.

15 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

First of all, welcome back!

Now, to the question, what has changed? It would depend on when you stopped using TMP,  but assuming that it was before 2019...

There is not EU#1 and EU#2 anymore. TMP implemented the "Road to Simulation" changes that made the servers be "Simulation" or "Arcade". In Simulation, there's a 110 Km/h (80 mph in ATS) speed limit, all rules apply and has become the "default" server for most players, in Arcade there are no speed limits, but collisions among players have been disabled. Rules regarding road traffic, like ramming, blocking, driving on the wrong side of a road, etc. don't apply there, for obvious reasons. Besides, there are more servers, located in EU (France, IIRC), US (Canada, to be more precise) and SGP (Singapore). There are also Simulation and Arcade servers for Promods users, which brings us to the "supported mods" question:

As of now, only 2 mods are supported: Promods map expansion and Grimes' seasonal mods. Grimes' mod works in all servers, Promods, only in the dedicated ones. Other than this, some people use "save-editing" to modify their games so they can add accessories, paints, etc. that are not in the base game, but only for them to see, other players would see defaults. Internally, there's the Scout car and a couple new "alternating vehicles", one for everyone to use, another one exclusive for Patreon subscribers. These vehicles are changed every 4 weeks, are based on AI vehicles from the game and they can be cars, vans, SUVs, small rigid trucks, etc. Another thing that is still being "debugged" and will come shortly is Bus support, a Bus will be added to the TMP so players can get it and (from what I understand) even do jobs with it.

About the possibility to drive with a friend, yes, TMP implemented the "Job Dispatcher", where any player can create a custom job, choosing city of origin/destination, companies, trailers, cargoes and then share that job so friends can just "accept" and have the exact same job, as long as they have it available, of course, this feature can be limited if the friend doesn't have certain DLCs (maps, cargoes, trailers) or not enough Level/Skills to do the job.

Another recent change is that there are not "Permanent bans due to history" anymore. When people are banned 5 times in a 12 months period (it used to be 6 times/12 months long ago) they are not banned forever, but only for 90 days. Players who had been banned for this reasons have been "amnestied" and are able to use TMP again.

Surely, there are a lot more things that have changed, but those are the most significant IMO and anyway they the only ones that have come to my mind now, so... ?

EDIT: Another pretty significant change that I just realized: SCS Convoys. Before this feature existed, the amount of players in TMP was like twice what it is now. This means that a huge % of the map in TruckersMP feels empty, specially in DLC areas, since most of the players who have stayed will most of the time stay in the "base map" areas and too many of them (IMO) in the "Idiots on the road" infamous places, like the Calais - Duisburg road or the recently added (by SCS, in the Austria rework) alpine road near Innsbruck/Klagenfurt.

First of all thanks for a very in depth explanation of what's changed, really appreciate the time you have taken. 

So I would say many many changes have been made and knew about the server change before I left. Glad about the Job Dispatcher.

Been trying to get convoy's to work for me and my dad(only time I speak to him since I moved away)and it just keeps kicking us. First we tried it with mods(all mods in the same load order and all that) and still kept being kicked and also tried it without mods and still get kicked? so have given up for the moment. I've joined other convoys and its worked great, so not sure what's happening but this isn't the place to talk about that anyway....again thanks for you time and input.

Happy Trucking

Spencer  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived