custom trucks

General_357mag

Hey @General_357mag,

That is a good question, and one I'm sure many have asked over the recent years. I agree that the support of specific Truck/Trailer mods would be a nice addition, however there is a lot to consider and think about when choosing mods to support.

Firstly, due to download size, and the need to apply updated versions of the mods every time they are updated by the author, there is only so many mods they would support.
When supporting specific mods, they also would need to ensure that the author is regularly updating the mod after every update to ETS2/ATS, as this would cause long lengths of time after every update where the mod is temporarily not available.

Currently they support season mods from Grimes, however this is regularly updated, causes only minor issues to some users, and doesn't require a huge download (Depending on your internet speed of course).
In addition to this, ProMods is also supported, however, once again, this is regularly updated, and is done to a high quality.

In my opinion, a poll could be created for the community, with a short list on some potential mods they may think about supporting, however once again, there is still a lot to consider when supporting new mods on TruckersMP.

Furthermore, as VTC's play a big part in this community, I think it would also be nice for TruckersMP to think more about supporting some VTC paintjobs first, however they would still need to have a limit on the download size for each supported paintjob pack, and have strict requirements so that they don't have to worry about overall download size, nor needing to update so many packs over time.

To conclude, I think it's a great question, and one Community Management could address in a news/blog post sometime, however I also don't feel that it would be very high on the priority list.

spacer.png

When is MP going to let us use custom truck mods ?

• Of course, such a thought could be beautiful. But for this, there must be something like a Partnership with Scs. Because Truckers MP is a game that creates the game from scratch. That's why the more support we have for Truckers MP, the better it will be among the managers. ?

Have a nice game, my friends.

Kind Regards...?

spacer.png

Steam Youtube  | Truckersmp

Discord Nick: Whiτe.#0002

That probably wont happen. Everyone would want their own mod. And we cant support that. In order for anyone to use a mod, it needs to be added to the server. And then everyone would need to download that mod. Cause if you have a modded truck then everyone would have to have that mod or else they cant see you and that would be a problem. And so anyone would either have to download that mod from our servers (which is gonna be expensive) or get it from a download site. And then when ever the mod updates or the game updates we would have to then wait for the author of that mod to fix it in order for us to use it again. And so its pretty much impossible to do.  In SCS MP you also have to download all the mods everyone else is using off the steam workshop in order to actually play SCS MP the others are using mods. Its just a huge mess.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the idea is good, but it's almost impossible to implement, because custom mods will cause TMP updates to get bigger and bigger, and secondly there's also the possibility that there are some potential conflicts between mods that can cause the game to crash

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

On 7/16/2022 at 9:14 PM, MrSirViking said:

In SCS MP you also have to download all the mods everyone else is using off the steam workshop in order to actually play SCS MP the others are using mods

This has changed with the 1.45 release:

"There will be options to opt-in, both on the server's and client's side to enable this if you choose to use this. In most cases, the session will not display the modification that is missing, however in some cases, such as if a player is using a vehicle that you do not have, it will show as a coloured placeholder box instead that replicates its size."

Source:

https://blog.scssoft.com/2022/07/american-truck-simulator-145-update.html?m=1

I do not think that normal mods will be installed because when each person installs a mod, the remaining XXX people will have to install that mod or it will not be visible to anyone like local mod.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:17 AM, blabberbeak said:

This has changed with the 1.45 release:

"There will be options to opt-in, both on the server's and client's side to enable this if you choose to use this. In most cases, the session will not display the modification that is missing, however in some cases, such as if a player is using a vehicle that you do not have, it will show as a coloured placeholder box instead that replicates its size."

Source:

https://blog.scssoft.com/2022/07/american-truck-simulator-145-update.html?m=1

Sure and we also used to have some placeholders for some DLC trailers and stuff. But that is a lot of work, having to make a system that can mimic the modded truck and trailer someone else is using. And the game will just not look very good if half the players are driving around in coloured boxes. Its really not a viable solution. And not one that will work on a server the size of ours ?

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section.

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived