Speed limiter discussions comes to an end.. So community will be together here onwards.. ?

No offense intended, but in Tennessee trucks on highways may drive in 70 mph, which is 112 km/h. I'm not surprised you think 90 km/h is slow, but this is Europe we're talking about, mate. Things are a little different over here compared to your long and wide American highways. I suggest you either wait for American Truck Simulator, or look at some of their older titles than trying to decide how we Europeans should drive. We are just trying to get a decent level of realism added, nothing else.

None taken. I understand that, but ETS2 is far from realistic. I just want to enjoy the game without all the arguing

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None taken. I understand that, but ETS2 is far from realistic. I just want to enjoy the game without all the arguing

This is why I keep suggesting the developers to turn one of the severs into a simulator server, with the speed limiter, where the large portion who actually care for the simulator genre can play. Meanwhile you guys get the other server all to yourselves without the speed limiter. Just make sure they remove the numeric order of the servers to avoid more confusion. What's wrong with this?

76561198004601492.png

It's by doing mistakes that we learn , the futur will tell us if it's a bad idea to put SL on 120 or not.

The game is still on alpha don't forget 

I don't think rammers will ever learn, and by editing the speed limiter or removing it we encourage rammers to go faster and create even more discord. I thought everyone learned when they disabled the speed limiter that it is bound to lead to disaster. You should have seen Europoort when we could travel in 120 km/h.

76561198004601492.png

This is why I keep suggesting the developers to turn one of the severs into a simulator server, with the speed limiter, where the large portion who actually care for the simulator genre can play. Meanwhile you guys get the other server all to yourselves without the speed limiter. Just make sure they remove the numeric order of the servers to avoid more confusion. What's wrong with this?

That is what I am been saying as well. I think the numbering of the servers makes some biased (EU1 makes it seem like the main server) . Just name them what they are and let the players decide what server to play on. 

EU SL

EU NSL

USA SL/NSL

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

That is what I am been saying as well. I think the numbering of the servers makes some biased (EU1 makes it seem like the main server) . Just name them what they are and let the players decide what server to play on. 

EU SL

EU NSL

USA SL/NSL

I'm glad that's something we can agree on. This should be the top priority right now to get out to the developers, and the players. By removing the numbers, no server will be favored by anyone. There is absolutely no need to completely shut down the speed limiter on both servers if they just rename them for players to fully understand which one they should join to get the best experience.

76561198004601492.png

Reading the posts from last 24hour I don't think the 'true' SL people (90) would mind going EU#2 in any way if that one changes to SL(90). I understand most players click on EU#1 no matter what the rules are, just because they wanne play with the most people to get their enjoyment out of this great MP game. I also understand a lot of people find driving 90 very boring. But please don't take away our opportunity for a 90SL server. Again, you can have EU#1 with the new ruleset or however you like it (most likely gonna happen, cause most of the admins who posted are looking forward to the 120 km/hour patch).

The rest of the patchnotes look awesome to me by the way. 70 inside cities is much better than it ever has been before, I also would preferred 50 but it's a great step forward.

YOvd4LO.jpg?1

As a normal drive on this server, Using the real life road rules - I think this is stupid. Now people will dangerously drive around corners even worse than they usually do causing an increase in crashes and that will affect the numbers of blocks which will make the moderators and admins jobs even harder. I can't think of any positives to this because the dodgy drivers you get now will be even worse. Why should bad drivers effect the normal players that want a good simulation of being a truck driver with other truck drivers, This is what EU 2 is - Go and have crashes on there because I certainly don't want any more on EU 1. It should remain this:

EU 1 - Speed Limiter to 55mph/90 km/h

EU 2 - No Speed Limiter

Just a signature.

A man who drivers responsibly (Yeah right lol, This is ETS2 MP... jk)

I don't think rammers will ever learn, and by editing the speed limiter or removing it we encourage rammers to go faster and create even more discord. I thought everyone learned when they disabled the speed limiter that it is bound to lead to disaster. You should have seen Europoort when we could travel in 120 km/h.

Even with a SL of 40 km/h wont stop rammers,trollers or w/e u call 'em. U got that kind of people in any kind of games. U got 2 choices atleast this is how i see it things: 

1) Whenever u get rammed / trolled u report them

2) Whenever u get rammed / trolled u just let it be and reload ur game ( thing i always do ), not botherin' myself to report. For me kickin' / Bannin' ppl don't really help they always come back lolz

76561198160986596.png

Even with a SL of 40 km/h wont stop rammers,trollers or w/e u call 'em. U got that kind of people in any kind of games. U got 2 choices atleast this is how i see it things: 

1) Whenever u get rammed / trolled u report them

2) Whenever u get rammed / trolled u just let it be and reload ur game ( thing i always do ), not botherin' myself to report. For me kickin' / Bannin' ppl don't really help they always come back lolz

The risk is greater to get into a serious collision that might send you flying off the road in higher speeds. Just saying that they encourage this to happen if they increase the speed. And it is logic that the higher the speed, the more difficult it is to control your truck. And this will only lead to the administrators getting more and more to do, which is definitely not a good thing.

76561198004601492.png

just keep on recording and reporting rammers.if you dont do that your partialy at blame.we need too help the admins to clean out the server.the speedlimiter is not the problem but rammers,soo throw rammers out and the removal of speedlimiter is no problem (or higher speedlimiter)

and i still dont get the arguement of people calling this a simulator.a truckdriver in real life has too be focused on the traffic around him continuesly.on EU1 i have not a single problem watching a serie while driving..why? cause theres no challenge to it whatsoever.im sorry but my 9 y/o cousine can drive with a bit of practice with controles caus your bairly required too know any traffic rules at this moment.

i will suport a 90km/h simulation server once AI traffic will be added,till then i cant call this a simulator but just a game,im sorry.

just keep on recording and reporting rammers.if you dont do that your partialy at blame.we need too help the admins to clean out the server.the speedlimiter is not the problem but rammers,soo throw rammers out and the removal of speedlimiter is no problem (or higher speedlimiter)

and i still dont get the arguement of people calling this a simulator.a truckdriver in real life has too be focused on the traffic around him continuesly.on EU1 i have not a single problem watching a serie while driving..why? cause theres no challenge to it whatsoever.im sorry but my 9 y/o cousine can drive with a bit of practice with controles caus your bairly required too know any traffic rules at this moment.

i will suport a 90km/h simulation server once AI traffic will be added,till then i cant call this a simulator but just a game,im sorry.

That is your opinion, like mine and everyone else's, and nothing written in stone. Sorry.

76561198004601492.png

Reading the posts from last 24hour I don't think the 'true' SL people (90) would mind going EU#2 in any way if that one changes to SL(90). I understand most players click on EU#1 no matter what the rules are, just because they wanne play with the most people to get their enjoyment out of this great MP game. I also understand a lot of people find driving 90 very boring. But please don't take away our opportunity for a 90SL server. Again, you can have EU#1 with the new ruleset or however you like it (most likely gonna happen, cause most of the admins who posted are looking forward to the 120 km/hour patch).

+1 to all of that, I've got a feeling they haven't tried swapping the servers and getting rid of the numerical names because it'll prove the NSL crowd is far smaller than the most vocal members would like to think. All this flack is because neither side's majority can accept both have the right to play and enjoy the servers, but putting up with two half-dead servers that cater to each side is the only way that'll happen. I'm fine with that, don't get why so many others aren't too. After all, singleplayer is a dead server, just has tons of idiotic AI cars to avoid...yet most of us bought ETS2 despite that. ^_^

+1 to all of that, I've got a feeling they haven't tried swapping the servers and getting rid of the numerical names because it'll prove the NSL crowd is far smaller than the most vocal members would like to think. All this flack is because neither side's majority can accept both have the right to play and enjoy the servers, but putting up with two half-dead servers that cater to each side is the only way that'll happen. I'm fine with that, don't get why so many others aren't too. After all, singleplayer is a dead server, just has tons of idiotic AI cars to avoid...yet most of us bought ETS2 despite that. ^_^

True. Personally I would switch to EU#2 if asked and if they made it the primary speed limiter server. And I suspect the same that in reality behind all the debates and arguments the pro-speed limiter crowd is slightly larger and would possibly crowd the speed limiter server first. They should experiment with this instead of forcing 120 km/h on everyone.

76561198004601492.png

^^ Noticed that NSL people had an NSL server and kept crying? now they'll have both servers as they like, and people who like the SL @90 Km/h, we are going to be left aside with no server. So that's the difference, in case you can't see it: We have a reason to complain while NSL supporters didn't.

Welcome to our world for the last 5 months until a few days ago. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

^^ Untrue. The same way you say now: "You don't need to drive 120, you can set your limiter to 90", you had freeroam server, no speed limits. There was no collision, but that never meant that you had to drive through other trucks, you could go any speed you wanted keeping it realistic as to not crash. So you did have your NSL server. But didn't want to use it.

So once again, there's a difference. We want to drive without needing to worry about lots of people going 120 or more, we won't have that choice. You always had a choice to go over 90...

SL or NSL, I'm sticking to the speed limit. If people don't like that, then tough.

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online_profile.php?id=85051 <--World of Trucks Profile

I play EU#1 on ETS2MP, North America on ATS

I drive the speed limit, stop at red lights, ect. (Unless I'm bobtailing on the autobahn :P)

I have thoughts about creating a truck club.

Archived