Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Speed limiter discussions comes to an end.. So community will be together here onwards.. ?

First of all, i'm not against speed limiter or for speed limiter and this thread is not intended to discuss about speed limiter. Main aim of this thread is to appreciate the upcoming move by mwl . Thtz all.

I think it's a fair and thoughtful decision by 'mwl' to restructure the speed limiters for city and Highway. Also, 120 is a fair limit that almost 90% of the speed limiter opposers were looking for. Most have pointed out in so many of the discussion threads that they do want speed limiter but at a speed around 110 or 120 km/hr. So, hopefully everyone will be satisfied this time and would agree to continue using speed limiter.

The main fact here is that accidents normally caused by loss of control at turns / cities/highway will be reduced i think since most of the people could easily control a truck at 120 or 70 and it gives fair enough time for the other player to notice oncoming as well the truck behind you (and act wisely). This will also ensure that the gameplay is not too boring for those who would like to go a little fast or to catch up with a frnd.

Hope fully people won't start again threads asking to remove speed limiter or fix it at 140 or speed limiter at old 90... :D Also hope that the whole community will be back together like old days and would play in one single server.

ONE WORLD - ONE CHAIN - ONE EXPERT       IsdL2TS.gif    -----------------------------------------     InterContinental Express Freights

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Originally I questioned this decision but actually after consideration I'm fine with it, the other parties should hopefully be fine with it. Im looking fowards to everybody hopefully coming back together on one server, I miss those days :) - Great decision so far by the dev team to add this. It's got my appreciation. Also on a side note I could not agree more with the loss of control thing. The speed 'limiters' which are going to be in place now should address this and hopefully keep everybody happy.

i think the 120 km/h speedlimite good.myself as anti speedlimite i can personaly live with that decision.kinda fair in the middle. the 70km/h in cities im a bit meh about at the moment but i guess its okay.at least for me personaly not worth a huge discussion again.i do see why they did it soo i can respect it atleast.

anyway on first sight it looks like a pretty good middle way decision.respect for mwl,feels like he has no problems with leading a big comunity at such early age allready.

The speed limiter dilemma is far from over. I fear the protests against the speed limiter was only the beginning. I myself will retire from multiplayer until further notice, but I will watch with great interest what their next protest will be about. Possibly a petition to disable the speed limiter entirely, who knows. But what the developers did was without a doubt wrong, by removing the only option for the large portion of players that want a realistic experience. We have two serves at our disposal, and yet the developers decide to leave us in the dark. I'm still suggesting to make the speed limiter changes to only one of the serves, and leave the other one with the speed limiter as normal. All I can say to those who voted to remove or edit the speed limiter is good luck, and I hope you have enough money to repair your truck every hour. This is bound to lead to disaster.

76561198004601492.png

Yes... most of the people would agree i think... and i do appreciate the fact that the new management really wants the community to play a part in their decision making and are willing to let know people these upcoming changes in advance. MWL really do possess that ability to lead and take forward this mod. If the community comes back together under his leadership, then that itself is a great achievement for him and is gonna play a great part in securing the future of this mod. Kudos to him !

ONE WORLD - ONE CHAIN - ONE EXPERT       IsdL2TS.gif    -----------------------------------------     InterContinental Express Freights

But a large portion is this community (that just want a 90 limit) is now totally ignored. And that community become very vocal these last few days. With in a few days I have to choose between a speed limit of 120 or an 'unlimited' speed limiter. I no longer have the option to choose a 90km/h speed limiter. Of course I could just drive 90 with the new speed limiter in place, but why can't people just drive 120 on the NSL server? That would make much more sense. 

There is a large community that want to play ETS as realistic as possible. That ability is now gone! I for one can't even care if the #EU2 becomes the 'strict' server.

And why on earth is the speed limit in the city 70? Why not just 50 as that's the city limit for both cars and trucks. Or does make that too much sense?

I will give the new system a new try, but if I have the same experience as when the speed limiter was removed, I'm gone and I'm afraid that I won't be the only one.

Why not leave the SL and NSL server as it is right now and focus development on server side profiles (money, distance, level, etc) so more advanced truckers - that have shown (proven) that they can safely drive a truck without accidents - can drive at higher speeds. Trolls that keep ramming others are than stuck at 90 and probably and some time receive a ban..

To me it seems that ETS2MP has no long term strategy to develop this mod. It's more feels like short term politics..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Why dont make 90 on eu 2 because you cant drive more than 120 so eu 2 90 is good for me

For real drivers and its alpha experimental test if its dont work they do R5 update and do it back

But a large portion is this community (that just want a 90 limit) is now totally ignored. And that community become very vocal these last few days. With in a few days I have to choose between a speed limit of 120 or an 'unlimited' speed limiter. I no longer have the option to choose a 90km/h speed limiter. Of course I could just drive 90 with the new speed limiter in place, but why can't people just drive 120 on the NSL server? That would make much more sense. 

There is a large community that want to play ETS as realistic as possible. That ability is now gone! I for one can't even care if the #EU2 becomes the 'strict' server.

And why on earth is the speed limit in the city 70? Why not just 50 as that's the city limit for both cars and trucks. Or does make that too much sense?

I will give the new system a new try, but if I have the same experience as when the speed limiter was removed, I'm gone and I'm afraid that I won't be the only one.

Why not leave the SL and NSL server as it is right now and focus development on server side profiles (money, distance, level, etc) so more advanced truckers - that have shown (proven) that they can safely drive a truck without accidents - can drive at higher speeds. Trolls that keep ramming others are than stuck at 90 and probably and some time receive a ban..

To me it seems that ETS2MP has no long term strategy to develop this mod. It's more feels like short term politics..

Well, i'm not taking any sides here.. but i honestly doesn't think that there is any short term politics in these decisions.

The community was standing 50 / 50 on this like pursuit gamer said above and it is in the best interest of the community that he decided to keep speedlimiter in the middle.  I do value and respect the fact that you like to drive realistic ,me too and i drive around 65km/hr only everywhere..but when the community asking for NSL itself is respecting this decision (like movyy did above) and are willing to compromise on things, i would say we also should and it's for the  betterness of the mod and to keep our community together.

Tht's what i think mwl is trying to do (since it's 50/50 for him and he has no partiality to any one in the community) , trying to keep this community together. I would recommend community (for and against SL) to try out these and then come up with a judgement (zyprexia,  just like you said above)

I'd prefer to just have one server which has no speedlimiter enabled. You would be able to choose if you want to have the speedlimiter enabled or not. I think it's sad to see that the community is split. Let's just go back to the roots, to having one server which has no speedlimiter. Back then ETS2MP was very fun, but right now we have a split community and two servers which often don't have that many players. EU #1 is only well-visited sometimes as there are more players playing on the first server in the list than on the second one.

70 km/h in the cities should remove some of my own issues with no speed limiter, but I honestly think it should apply to rural roads as well considering the close proximity and how some of these rural roads are used quite a lot.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Doesn't work that way.  The below video sums up the worst nightmare for a pro-SL driver.

Speed limiter or not, that happens a whole lot to me with speed junkies going way too fast on rural roads.  I wish that the 70 km/h speed limiter would apply to rural roads so I can drive the speed limit with less of what you shown happening

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

The greater speed differential combined with the faster closing speed of traffic in the opposite lane really makes the "You can choose..." total nonsense.  The speed of swerving etc. requires me to use reaction times that I reserve for racing games and FPS.  I have also tried being a speed junkie, and found even the tab list is absolutely useless with the closing speeds involved!  Every single overtake on a country road with no limiter becomes "reckless."

The 120 will be an interesting test.

I'm OK with the 90 km/h speed limiter, but there should be more freedom. I understand being limited irl. It's for the safety of real lives. But here there isn't such a thing in ETS 2. The thing that makes 90 km/h bad is how empty the roads are. Probably the main reason I've been playing SP much more often than multiplayer since the limiter was enabled. Maybe if there was AI to look at, not just a baren wasteland with one or two trucks every half an hour It'd be better.

I think almost all the players are forgetting about the real stuff, it´s not about limiter or not, it´s about taking it as serious simulator or not. Some of us are looking for a simulator (with speed limits, and lots of other stuff, but real limits, obviously) so this is going non-sense.

The community will never be together for this, and thats what the 2 servers were for. Half that no-speed-limit community didnt take EU2 seriously, either the admins make it clear, so now this is going nowhere. Now no one seems to hear those real simulator lovers. This started as a simulator experience (remember the title). Now Stuart has gone... and it´s all sa(i)d.

Note: I respect all the casual and not so serious players, really, but I just ask for that respect for the real sim lovers too, as all the changes this last few weeks seem to be totally forgetting about us.

lkRjRkb.png

first of all mwl does a fine job, no question about it. on the whole speedlimiter thing im very conservative.. ill drive allways - no exeptions, after real world german traffic laws. city limit 50, country road 60-70, highway (autobahn) 90 km/h! i have the limiter enabled in my game options as i think thats realistic - i love it as real as it can get! Thats way i have a account at vatsim germany for my flight simulator.

i like simulation.. for me there are simulators and games.. i dont mix this.. ets2, flight simulator 2004/x, farming simulator 2013/2015 these are all simulators, not games! And thats the way i use those.

i dont think 120km/h limiter for highways for 40ton+ trucks is a good idea, but i think it may be a good idea to have a 60 or as now 70 km/h limit for the citys..

i think ets2mp should enforce reallife after traffic law driving.. enforce realism in the game.

i would like to come along with everyone.. dont have crashes.. have a relexed gameplay for 1-2 hours..

sorry for bad english if any, but its not my native language.

sysp-73354.png

To make a speelimit of 70/120 is an interesting choice of the "developers".

I can clearly remember that they put the normal speedlimit back because of a lot more crashes which got reported when it was disabled.

So the same should happen with this and they will faster revoke that changes than one can see.....and it shows that they have no idea what exactly they want.

The community was standing 50 / 50 on this 

So why than remove the speed limter for the *OTHER* 50 percent that likes it. 

One of the arguments for the NSL server is that it's hard to overtake someone that also roughtly doing 90. But how is that any different from two trucks that are doing 120? 

I 'm afraid that I don't have to wait to give my judgement. Remember the days before the speed limiter? Last week those days briefly returned when the speed limiter was shortly turned off. 

I get that there are people that want to drive faster than 90. I don't even mind that these people exist. Why why can't all those people just drive on the NSL server? Than you can drive 100, 120, 140, 160 or if you're lucky downhill with a 25t haul maybe even almost 200. I also won't mind if the we swap the servers, so #EU1 becomes the NSL server. Actually I would really like that, because than only the real (anal) simmers choose the SL server.

And since 1.5.3 there is no longer a default MP server. You actively have to choose the server on which you want to play. And still the Sl server remain the most populated server. And I'm pretty sure that is the servers are swapped the SL server remains very popular..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

I think almost all the players are forgetting about the real stuff, it´s not about limiter or not, it´s about taking it as serious simulator or not. Some of us are looking for a simulator (with speed limits, and lots of other stuff, but real limits, obviously) so this is going non-sense.

The community will never be together for this, and thats what the 2 servers were for. Half that no-speed-limit community didnt take EU2 seriously, either the admins make it clear, so now this is going nowhere. Now no one seems to hear those real simulator lovers. This started as a simulator experience (remember the title). Now Stuart has gone... and it´s all sa(i)d.

Ets2 is a GAME. Distances, speed, time, etc. aren't real.

Even Pavel Sebor said in a interview that euro truck is a game half "arcade" half simulator.

It's time to forget "simulator" and start thinking in "gameplay" and "realism". That is how ets2 was made.

IKTzLlO.png

Kinda sad people are going to quit MP over a small speed increase, but whatever see you later then. I think it is a great idea, 70MPH is not that fast (I've seen many trucks going that and more on the interstate) and if you can't control going that speed, you shouldn't be driving. I think it is a good compromise. 

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

Kinda sad people are going to quit MP over a small speed increase, but whatever see you later then. I think it is a great idea, 70MPH is not that fast (I've seen many trucks going that and more on the interstate) and if you can't control going that speed, you shouldn't be driving. I think it is a good compromise. 

No offense intended, but in Tennessee trucks on highways may drive in 70 mph, which is 112 km/h. I'm not surprised you think 90 km/h is slow, but this is Europe we're talking about, mate. Things are a little different over here compared to your long and wide American highways. I suggest you either wait for American Truck Simulator, or look at some of their older titles than trying to decide how we Europeans should drive. We are just trying to get a decent level of realism added, nothing else.

76561198004601492.png

Archived