A way to stop steam mod

Spiderlk

Question

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, mexiumut said:

Hello, this is normal if you are driving in high populated areas. I recommend that you set the "draw distance" setting in the game tab settings to very low or low.

Kind regards,

mexiumut

Hello @Spiderlk ?

Draw distance can be found by following the below steps:

1. Open the TAB/player list
2. Hit the gear (Settings)
3. Go to the Graphics settings tab
4. Try lowering the Draw Distance from the usual medium to low or very low

Performance should at least get a bit better depending on hardware and the amount of players close to you (Within range) ? 

I also have something that you can try, which should help at least a bit and explain why you're having this issue ? 

The game was made for Singleplayer (Now it can support 8 players in Convoy), and not MMO (Many hundreds of players at the same location, like Official convoys on TruckersMP), because of that, the game only runs on 1-3 maybe 4 CPU threads (Might get better as Convoys player limit is increased (IF it gets increased), and because of that, the game doesn't run well with many players around.
Also, if your GPU is running under 95-99/100% utilization, your CPU is holding you back.

To increase the game performance, you need a better CPU or lower any game graphics that requires CPU performance.
For help on the above, take a look at the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300836306
When on that link, look at the following:

5) FPS tweaks
6) Graphic settings
7) ETS2 Multiplayer FPS tweaks

You can try lowering the game settings that takes CPU performance ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

• Upvote 1

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hey, 

As far as I know there's no solution. It's the same with busy areas, such as Duisburg - Calais or Kirkenes, when a lot of people loading into your game, it needs a few seconds to load all the players so it lags a bit. It's pretty much the same with mods, if someone has a lot of mods on their truck, they cause lags because they're loading in for you. 

I hope this could help you! 

6 hours ago, Spiderlk said:

I can play the game smoothly though. But sometimes the game lags a bit as some moded truck approaches. Is there a solution?

Hello there,

First of all Welcome to our Forums.
Sometimes the Game have some Lags that's correct but not really any Steam Mod is at Fault here.
You could try to open your Tab Settings and at General to disable the -> Development Logging.
After you have done it, don't forget to click on Apply and Ok.

To make sure it works, you should restart your Game and test it.
Please keep in mind, if you are driving around high populated Areas like Duisburg or Calais then it's normal

to have lags since there are a lot of another Users.
You should better test it at some quiet Place with just a few People.

Hope this Step helps you out! ?

Greetings.

Hello,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

ItsElih

TruckersMP Trial Support

19 hours ago, Spiderlk said:

I can play the game smoothly though. But sometimes the game lags a bit as some moded truck approaches. Is there a solution?

Hello, this is normal if you are driving in high populated areas. I recommend that you set the "draw distance" setting in the game tab settings to very low or low.

Kind regards,

mexiumut

steam-512.png Steam Profile | blogger-2.png ETS2 and ATS Mods blog for TruckersMP

Languages: turkey.png Turkish and English usa.png

Veteran Driver VI

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Volvo 750HP | Scania 750HP

Dear @Spiderlk,

As a solution has been marked within this topic, I assume that your problem has been solved.

For this reason, I will close this topic now and move it to "Solved".
Please do not hesitate to create a new topic or contact us via our Support System (https://truckersmp.com/support), if you have any other questions/problems related to TruckersMP in the future.

I wish you a wonderful rest of the day. ?

Kind regards,
Polyxena
TruckersMP Support

//Topic locked and moved to Solved.