Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Speed limit for bypasses and ring roads?

jimmy mack

What do you mean? TruckersMP enforces posted speed limits If the highway is within "city zone", this has been the case for couple of years. This is most often as high as speed limit for trucks within said country in ETS2, I don't see any problem with that.

Of course there are bugs, if you know about any specific places, you can report them through feedback system.

Well from my real life experience when you approach a big city, even on a bypass/ring road, the speed limits are reduced because the traffic is more dense (usually these portions are toll-free). So to me it's indeed more realistic to do the same in ETS2 ?

Don't see the problem. But it's good to have people's opinion. @jimmy mack don't feel attacked ?

Guest Aurris

Yeah, this mainly happens to me in Norway for some reason. I'm actually driving on a highway but according to the speed limit I have to stay below 60km/h because it's a "city"

I don't think this is TruckersMP's fault though, the speed limit is applied to where ever the game considers a city. So this should be on SCS' end.

On 24.06.2022 at 21:02, Foobrother said:

Gerçek hayat deneyimime göre, büyük bir şehre yaklaştığınızda, bir yan yol/çevre yolunda bile, trafik daha yoğun olduğu için hız sınırları azalır (genellikle bu bölümler ücretsizdir). Bu yüzden bana göre aynısını ETS2'de yapmak gerçekten daha gerçekçi ?

Sorunu görme. Ama insanların fikrini almak iyidir.@jimmy mack saldırıya uğramış hissetme ?

I agree with your opinion. ✅

spacer.png

Steam Youtube  | Truckersmp

Discord Nick: Whiτe.#0002

11 hours ago, jimmy mack said:

Foobrother  so what your sayin  is that if you drive your car  on a ring road and the speed limit is lets say 60 you are forced to  do 30 you would be happy with that 

Is that what happens in game? If so, that's indeed a bug. Speed limit should reflect what's on the road signals. I was more talking about the principle of having the highway speed reduced when arriving in big cities.

The same players talking about "realism" are probably the same players going up and down the same C-D/Alps road aimlessly! 

I for one recognise the issue that when you are on a major road going through/by a city, but not strictly entering the urban roads, but the max speed is automatically reduced to 60 for you. I would think the way to remove this bug would be to split a city into multiple zones, leaving the major road section clear of the limitation. 

@jimmy mack very inspiring career, stay safe.

well so ETS is a simulation game despite many players thinking otherwise. 

In real life every road has its speed limit. we may not follow this limit but if we do not follow them we can get a speeding ticket.  

See you don't want to follow this limit and rules inside TMP you can always go to the arcade server. On the simulation server this will always happen 

Hey I Shadel.

What you say may make sense, I agree with your opinion that if the speed limit is increased to 180 on all roads of the other map, while the 110 limit is active on the duisburg-calais road, it would be really good.

2025704570_role_Add-OnTeam2.jpg   

Youtube | Steam | TruckersMP 

Discord = Shadel#0001

Speed limit nice for D-C road but highway speed limit should increase.

1574800594_R440Manager.png.92d0783160ca36c5f8243ec93f0ee123.png 1210712418_VETARAN1.webp.5e6511080dd4751d2303d7c28dbdfc38.webp 

I definitely think that the speed limit should be lifted in regions except C-D. When the roads are empty it becomes very boring to go with 110 so when i carry a load i switch to SP. I dont see a crowded area in TruckersMP other than kirkenes and the C-D route. Thats why the roads are empty on the map. I think that when such an application is introduced the players will disperse and the density in C-D will decrease and players will go to certain parts of the map because there is no speed limit.That would be more realistic...

Please stop!

You are trying to turn this topic into another "increase speed limit" argument war.

You are going off-topic, please read OP carefully before posting, this is about bug in TruckersMP which causes lower than posted speed limits on highways inside city zone.

This bug doesn't appear everywhere, but it still exist, or may return after being already fixed in some places. 

One example I can think of that has not been fixed and still exist is city of Odense where you are forced to 60 km/h on the highway instead of 80km/h.

Do you know more specific places? List them here.

36 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Soooo... Some crazy drivers are evidence of how things work in real life. The only evidence I see in those videos is that some drivers should lose their license for life and spend some time in jail.

The cost of such ride is only a fine. At least in the country where i live it's like this

Archived