Something needs to change

Hγenα

This is not the first not second not third but it happened to me more than 8 times in 2 days that people intentionally ram into my truck with the intention to damage it fully and couple minutes later guess what happens when i want to submit a web report >

Account status: Not Activated

and as per rule §1.4 - Reporting users: The evidence you provide cannot have been recorded more than 14 days ago. 

how am i supposed to report those people it looks like they will never get punished if they use their brain and abuse the system are they really smarter than us or did no one thought about this when making such a rule?!

what the hell is going on here what is the solution to this inappropriate behavior this should not be tolerated and i hope there is a solution for this if there isn't well find one please! 

they obviously play on their other 5 accounts an do the same thing again and again to avoid ban evading because they cant get banned and after 2 weeks just reactivate your account and troll again ???

this literally counts as ban evading and something needs to change ASAP

TruckersMP account is activated when you click on the link in the activation email, it doesn't mean anything, only that user has not received an activation email, or didn't bother with activating their account.

It's also unrelated to ban evading, which can't be reported anymore but is handled internally, and I assure they do catch them.

You can still report them, I have reported countless people with non-activated accounts.

Keep in mind that if you report a user, they have no way of knowing that until they receive a ban. If they actually do delete their account before you submit a report, you can still send feedback to game moderation management with evidence and all required info, such as TMPID and SteamID. When they create new account after 14 days cooldown period with the same steam account, they will be surprised, beacuse ban history carries over with that SteamID.

No, they are not smarter.

I recommend to record and report, that's the only solution apparently. I also recommend to stay far away from popular hot spots, they are just cesspools of the worst kind of behaviour you can find on TMP, frequented by obvious trolls who now won't get banned permanently as easily, after the rules changed back in may and are therefore singnificantly bolder.

6 hours ago, User_1605202 said:

This is not the first not second not third but it happened to me more than 8 times in 2 days that people intentionally ram into my truck with the intention to damage it fully and couple minutes later guess what happens when i want to submit a web report >

and as per rule §1.4 - Reporting users: The evidence you provide cannot have been recorded more than 14 days ago. 

how am i supposed to report those people it looks like they will never get punished if they use their brain and abuse the system are they really smarter than us or did no one thought about this when making such a rule?!

what the hell is going on here what is the solution to this inappropriate behavior this should not be tolerated and i hope there is a solution for this if there isn't well find one please! 

they obviously play on their other 5 accounts an do the same thing again and again to avoid ban evading because they cant get banned and after 2 weeks just reactivate your account and troll again ???

Are you by any means driving in the area of Duisburg and Calais?

Hello User_1605202,

I understand how frustrating it is when someone rams you intentionally. Hence why we always encourage you to make a web report with valid video evidence. If an users account status says "Not Activated" this simply means they have not confirmed their email address. You can still submit a web report against them. Your web report will then be reviewed and handled appropriately. 

Having a not activated account does not mean an user is ban evading. This is not how that works. If an user is banned and found to be ban evading all his or her accounts will be banned. I can assure you that we take the appropriate action against these users and ban all their accounts. When we ban someone and they are ban evading we will find this out and ban them.

I understand that you are frustrated because of the situation but I think that is mainly due to your misunderstanding on how we find out that users are ban evading and the meaning of the account status. As I said before, when an user is ban evading we will find this out. Having an account status of not being activated simply means that the user hasn't confirmed their email address yet.

I also want to point out that if this consistently happens on the C-D road and you do not enjoy such driving behavior maybe it is a better choice to continue driving somewhere else. As most of these things happen in the C-D area due to the driving style of many, no matter how much we do our best to ensure a safe environment for everyone there.

Kind regards, 

Roenz 

TruckersMP Game Moderator

9 hours ago, Žygis_Airmax said:

I've come to the point where I don't even get bothered by rammers. It happens so much that you just build some sort of anger immunity. Pain in the butt can be when you already used /fix recently and F7 service is really far away.

I guess i'll have to do the same rather than getting frustrated and open a discussion thread in the heat of the moment.

9 hours ago, Granite said:

TruckersMP account is activated when you click on the link in the activation email, it doesn't mean anything, only that user has not received an activation email, or didn't bother with activating their account.

It's also unrelated to ban evading, which can't be reported anymore but is handled internally, and I assure they do catch them.

You can still report them, I have reported countless people with non-activated accounts.

Keep in mind that if you report a user, they have no way of knowing that until they receive a ban. If they actually do delete their account before you submit a report, you can still send feedback to game moderation management with evidence and all required info, such as TMPID and SteamID. When they create new account after 14 days cooldown period with the same steam account, they will be surprised, beacuse ban history carries over with that SteamID.

No, they are not smarter.

I recommend to record and report, that's the only solution apparently. I also recommend to stay far away from popular hot spots, they are just cesspools of the worst kind of behaviour you can find on TMP, frequented by obvious trolls who now won't get banned permanently as easily, after the rules changed back in may and are therefore singnificantly bolder.

I totally get what you're saying didn't know we can use the feedback for such things like this maybe i will do from now on but like i commented above i think its the best to just move on i'll guess.

8 hours ago, [G-T-R]GrayWolf said:

Looks like somebody angry an they try to make you angry and made mistake to report you I think probably they have multiple accounts they're just switching each account.

They sure do but i'm pretty sure its different users as i can see their ping unless they use a vpn ofcourse but i do not have any enemies in-game, that might sound dumber than it is lol 

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Are you by any means driving in the area of Duisburg and Calais?

Yes i play since 2017 and always have been roaming around C-D, Promods Kirkenes, Iceland, and Austria of course, i feel like  its never been this worse and i can understand why people are not afraid anymore cuz they cant get banned permanently anymore unless they're hacking i guess.  i usually dont report accidents that happen naturally and they apologize for it but these kids using quicksave/autosave feature to make sure you're upside down.

46 minutes ago, Roenz said:

Hello User_1605202,

I understand how frustrating it is when someone rams you intentionally. Hence why we always encourage you to make a web report with valid video evidence. If an users account status says "Not Activated" this simply means they have not confirmed their email address. You can still submit a web report against them. Your web report will then be reviewed and handled appropriately. 

Having a not activated account does not mean an user is ban evading. This is not how that works. If an user is banned and found to be ban evading all his or her accounts will be banned. I can assure you that we take the appropriate action against these users and ban all their accounts. When we ban someone and they are ban evading we will find this out and ban them.

I understand that you are frustrated because of the situation but I think that is mainly due to your misunderstanding on how we find out that users are ban evading and the meaning of the account status. As I said before, when an user is ban evading we will find this out. Having an account status of not being activated simply means that the user hasn't confirmed their email address yet.

I also want to point out that if this consistently happens on the C-D road and you do not enjoy such driving behavior maybe it is a better choice to continue driving somewhere else. As most of these things happen in the C-D area due to the driving style of many, no matter how much we do our best to ensure a safe environment for everyone there.

Kind regards, 

Roenz 

Thanks for your kindly answer as @Granite also mentioned above i didn't know untill now that we can still report non-activated accounts but my concern was because i check right after the incident if the user is still in-game and he obviously left the game that made me think they deactivated their account and login with another one, so i was mistaken. Thanks for making some things clear up in my mind and i will do what is neccessary from now on. And i almost forgot im pretty sure you guys do a good job on catching those people who evade i have no doubt in that.

yes i was heavily frustrated when opening this discussion thread dont even know if it was a good idea but reading the answers now i think it sure was thanks again.

4 hours ago, Roenz said:

Hello User_1605202,

Kind regards, 

Roenz 

I can assure you that TMP's methods of discovering ban evading are poor as I was ban evading for 2 and a half years, following an account banned abusively by the TruckersMP staff.
Yes my 1st account was permanently banned with no other active ban... this is real unfortunately...

However I have recreated other accounts and my last and 5th account was recently banned after 2 and a half years of activity on TMP without ever hiding.... It was a TMP staff I know who reported me... It's a good thing that TMP's ban evading methods are not as good as you claim @Roenz with all due respect to you ? 

2 hours ago, OCSC Antho said:

I can assure you that TMP's methods of discovering ban evading are poor as I was ban evading for 2 and a half years, following an account banned abusively by the TruckersMP staff.
Yes my 1st account was permanently banned with no other active ban... this is real unfortunately...

However I have recreated other accounts and my last and 5th account was recently banned after 2 and a half years of activity on TMP without ever hiding.... It was a TMP staff I know who reported me... It's a good thing that TMP's ban evading methods are not as good as you claim @Roenz with all due respect to you ? 

Hello OCSC Antho, 

Everyone is allowed their opinion. However we as TruckersMP do our best to catch ban evaders. It is however important to remember that we are also bound to international laws such as GDPR which limits us in the data we can store and use. Also important is to note that there is a big difference in how we went after ban evaders several years ago and nowadays.

As I said, everyone is allowed their own opinion. If you have a suggestion to make to the way we combat ban evading feel free to submit a suggestion on the respective forum area. I will not continue this discussion with you here as I don't see the added value of it as it has been discussed many times before.

Kind regards, 

Roenz

7 minutes ago, Roenz said:

Hello OCSC Antho, 

Everyone is allowed their opinion. However we as TruckersMP do our best to catch ban evaders. It is however important to remember that we are also bound to international laws such as GDPR which limits us in the data we can store and use. Also important is to note that there is a big difference in how we went after ban evaders several years ago and nowadays.

As I said, everyone is allowed their own opinion. If you have a suggestion to make to the way we combat ban evading feel free to submit a suggestion on the respective forum area. I will not continue this discussion with you here as I don't see the added value of it as it has been discussed many times before.

Kind regards, 

Roenz

the way ban evading is handled is clearly not good and I can even say that TMP is probably breaking its rules as I was banned for ban evading after 2 and a half years. How could they allow this then? I read the RGPD rules...ha and you suggested me to open a suggestion about that ? that's clearly not necessary, James will automatically closed that...

Hello User_1605202,

Thanks for your kindly answer as @Granite also mentioned above i didn't know untill now that we can still report non-activated accounts but my concern was because i check right after the incident if the user is still in-game and he obviously left the game that made me think they deactivated their account and login with another one, so i was mistaken. Thanks for making some things clear up in my mind and i will do what is neccessary from now on. And i almost forgot im pretty sure you guys do a good job on catching those people who evade i have no doubt in that.

yes i was heavily frustrated when opening this discussion thread dont even know if it was a good idea but reading the answers now i think it sure was thanks again.

I am glad to hear that I could help you. It was indeed a good idea to open this thread, asking for help or advice is always allowed. It has never hurt anyone ?

Kind regards,

Roenz

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ? 

36 minutes ago, RISHI LAKSHMAN said:

I wish they change the speed from 110 to 120 which feels good

In my opinion, that would be much worse.

Limited at 110 it’s already chaotic most of the times, imagine 120.

I really do wish for limitations according to every country laws in simulation servers and keep the arcade servers for those who think ETS2/ATS are racing games.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 6/22/2022 at 3:36 PM, OCSC Antho said:

Unfortunatly, i must say, this is true. I had the "pleasure" some time ago to talk to few community members "like you" regard this matter, this is also why my reporting activity drastically reduced, because i don't see much reasons to keep going on, knowing many new interesting things now regard this matter ?

It's weird to say, but some of the current legal regulations "favour" this a little bit.

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

I wouldn't be surprised if at one point, TMP just caves in and allows this as normal behaviour or we all end up being mods ? I've gone back to SP Convoys as servers have 125+ players, the players in it are more "career mode" orientated and you end up having 100+ member job convoys across the map. There was this one amusing time where the host kept being yelled at as there was an incident where a new to ETS2 player accused another player of ramming and took a video. So we all watched the video as there was a huge debate and the new player ended up being wrong ? that is literally the only time there was an incident. SP Convoys there are less to 0 trolls in general.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived