Not enough admins for TMP?

F4B-Ertugrul

4 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The Simulation server would be the same as now and Arcade server would have more people (banned people) that would possibly require more attention from the moderation team (even if road rules don't apply, foul language, hacks, etc. are still forbidden in Arcade).

In my opinion, both these statements are wrong:

• If you remove, even temporarily, the trolls from the Simulation server the situation will obviously improve on the simulation server and won't remain the same.
  • Even if you might be right and bad behaviours would increase on the Arcade server, I doubt the inconvenience for the nice players will be as bad as on the Simulation server. Simply because you can ignore foul language, rudeness but you can't ignore collisions. And on the Arcade server collisions are not possible (not a problem). Which means that, even if you will have more players, there won't be a lot more complains and moderator won't have to worry too much. I'm not playing on the Arcade server, but I would be surprised if there was much moderation on it at the moment? But I might be wrong.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Parece que minha pergunta foi mal interpretada.

Comentário: Eu tenho uma solução... Todos os jogadores que são banidos ao invés de não poderem jogar no  TMP  só podem jogar no servidor arcade onde não há colisões. É uma ideia. 

Pergunta: O que isso resolveria em relação ao tópico "Não há administradores suficientes para TMP ". O servidor de Simulação seria o mesmo de agora e o servidor Arcade teria mais pessoas (pessoas banidas) que possivelmente exigiriam mais atenção da equipe de moderação (mesmo que as regras de trânsito não se apliquem, linguagem obscena, hacks, etc. ainda são proibidos em Arcade).

É por isso que IMO não é uma solução, mas o contrário disso.

I'm sorry, we've already talked about a thousand and one ideas here, they are ideas that players have and maybe some staff will be able to see and find a good idea.

But from the looks of what all the other players say and give you ideas is silly and for no reason it seems that only you know. all the comments are not right, they are stupid and pointless. maybe you should apply and solve things your own way. 

A rant friend, good km 

4 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

In my opinion, both these statements are wrong:

• If you remove, even temporarily, the trolls from the Simulation server the situation will obviously improve on the simulation server and won't remain the same.
  • Even if you might be right and bad behaviours would increase on the Arcade server, I doubt the inconvenience for the nice players will be as bad as on the Simulation server. Simply because you can ignore foul language, rudeness but you can't ignore collisions. And on the Arcade server collisions are not possible (not a problem). Which means that, even if you will have more players, there won't be a lot more complains and moderator won't have to worry too much. I'm not playing on the Arcade server, but I would be surprised if there was much moderation on it at the moment? But I might be wrong.

Now trolls are banned and removed from the Simulation servers, only they are out completely, not allowed to use even the Arcade servers, so Simulation would be the exact same as now. What's wrong in what I said

Even if sending the banned players to Arcade server doesn't increase the moderation workload, it would definitely NOT lower it in the Simulation server. Again, what's wrong in what I said? (reminder: I explicitly said "possibly require").

I mean, is it really so difficult to understand that banning a player only from using Simulation servers does NOT improve the current system that bans the player from using ANY servers?

12 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

But from the looks of what all the other players say and give you ideas is silly and for no reason it seems that only you know. all the comments are not right, they are stupid and pointless. maybe you should apply and solve things your own way.

Feel free to send your suggestions using the proper channel https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/850-new-suggestions/ if you really believe that they are useful. This is a discussion topic and if I see something that I believe is silly, I will say it. Obviously, everything I say in these topics is just my own opinion. About applying, I'm not really interested in joining the team, believe or not, but again, feel free to apply yourself when a recruitment opens so you can try and make your "solutions" come true from the inside.

4 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I mean, is it really so difficult to understand that banning a player only from using Simulation servers does NOT improve the current system that bans the player from using ANY servers?

Calm down please. I'll try to re-phrase things as you don't seem to get the whole point.

90% of the problems/reports are coming from the Simulation servers. And very few come from the Arcade server. I hope we will agree on that?!

With that context, RICKY proposed to have people banned from just the Simulation servers instead of banning them from every servers.

Then I've added that this system, because there will be more people on the Arcade server, might make some people enjoy the Arcade server. And some trolls, because they will spend time on this server, might find other ways to enjoy the game on the Arcade server instead of annoying people on the Simulation server. I agreed that it will be a minority (and the majority will come back to do stupid things) but better than nothing.

If you agree with the above, then I'm afraid, it's an improvement for the Simulation servers.

If you really believe that one single troll would stay in a server where they can't troll anyone when they have another server available where they can troll everyone, then sure... Be my guest.

If you really believe that a significant number of the banned players would stay in a 400-500 players server when they have another one available with thousands, then sure... Be my guest.

99% of the players who HATE the speed limits don't use Arcade. This is not a coincidence and if those who would most likely enjoy such server refuse to use it...

Here goes another "solution" that would actually improve the moderation workload: Make Simulation servers non-collisions everywhere. How about that? No more ramming, no more blocking, no more trolling... But this was suggested and rejected, even when it would remove at least 90% of the reports/bans. Not "maybe a little improvement".

27 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

If you really believe that one single troll would stay in a server where they can't troll anyone when they have another server available where they can troll everyone, then sure... Be my guest.

If you really believe that a significant number of the banned players would stay in a 400-500 players server when they have another one available with thousands, then sure... Be my guest.

99% of the players who HATE the speed limits don't use Arcade. This is not a coincidence and if those who would most likely enjoy such server refuse to use it...

Yes there will always be much more players on the simulation servers (I would be worried if it was the other way round).

Yes trolls are looking for busy areas with many players to race and challenge themselves

But by forcing more players (the banned ones) to play on the arcade servers, you get more people on this server which might create some sort of community. And since they will have several weeks to spend there it might create some habits etc...

Also I can easily imagine the following scenario: 2-3 friends racing and doing stupid stuff on the simulation server regularly. One day one of them gets banned for a few weeks and can only join the game on the Arcade server. In order to play together again, the other 2 regularly join him on the Arcade server to play together for 1-2 hours. That's 3 idiots away from the Simulation servers for 1-2 hours. And when the 2 will go back on the simulation server they might do less stupid things as they might have already had their daily/weekly dose on the Arcade server with their 3rd friend ?

You might say I'm dreaming and it's never going to happen. But until it's been tested no-one will have the answer. What is sure is that even if just 1 person who was banned, goes back on the Arcade server for a couple of hours, even if he could go back to the Simulation server, that's a little win.

27 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Here goes another "solution" that would actually improve the moderation workload: Make Simulation servers non-collisions everywhere. How about that? No more ramming, no more blocking, no more trolling... But this was suggested and rejected, even when it would remove at least 90% of the reports/bans. Not "maybe a little improvement".

You forgot to include that, as part of this solution, the server should be renamed "Arcade 2" as this would simply remove the whole simulation aspect from this server ?. But I guess you were joking here.

So, you seem to believe that all that trolls want to do is "race and challenge themselves"... No wonder that you also believe that they could somehow enjoy using non-collision servers. But the trolls I've found want to ram everyone they see, block any roads that they know will cause big jams, use NCZ hacks to send other players flying or into the ground, summarizing: Ruin other players' games... Things that can't even be done in Arcade.

In fact, I wasn't joking. Why do you think that I can tell that it was suggested and rejected? The suggestion was to make it non-collisions, but keeping the speed limits, so the speed-fans would have no reason to stay in Simulation and would finally start to use Arcade. But the reasoning to reject it was more or less the same that you mentioned: it would remove the simulation aspect. "Simulation", in a server where 90% of the people drive in a way that is anything but realistic,  sure, whatever. I've always believed that Simulation will never be enforced by a server, it has to come from each player. I could play in a complete simulation way in non-collisions servers, so anyone could do the same. If they wanted to, which doesn't seem to be the case for too many players, sadly.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

So, you seem to believe that all that trolls want to do is "race and challenge themselves"... No wonder that you also believe that they could somehow enjoy using non-collision servers. But the trolls I've found want to ram everyone they see, block any roads that they know will cause big jams, use NCZ hacks to send other players flying or into the ground, summarizing: Ruin other players' games... Things that can't even be done in Arcade.

Of course there are idiots who only want to ram into people and cause chaos. But personally 80% of the reports I file are because of some idiots racing, losing control and/or trying to overtake where there is no space for it. 

"Simulation", in a server where 90% of the people drive in a way that is anything but realistic,  sure, whatever.

Agree that most of the people don't drive like in the real world and ideally I would also prefer to have them driving properly. People don't realise how much more fun it would provide if everyone was trying to drive normally. It would bring things the next level and become more challenging (i.e. overtaking only when allowed).

But as long as people don't bother me while I'm driving I don't mind what they do.

I could play in a complete simulation way in non-collisions servers, so anyone could do the same.

Well, to me it's like having elite forces training with fake bullets instead of real ones. The training is exactly the same in both cases but the sensation/pressure is different when you use real bullets.

Plus the fact that collisions (the real ones coming from mistakes/errors), which are unpredictable by definition, are providing more animation into the game. Not only for the persons crashing but also to the persons driving behind them who have to suddenly brake or avoid something. But when you have them every 5min it becomes less fun ?

- The players you are referring to are not trolls, they are simply reckless or what I like to call "NFS-fans", trolls are a different "species" altogether.

- Agreed, I can even let slip a reckless overtaking if the overtaker does not cause any damage to my vehicle. But sadly, there are many other people who will report that, even if the report will be declined with "only worth a kick". This is what makes the moderation workload to be higher and why I mentioned in a previous reply that things would go better if those players stopped reporting every little situation where they believe a rule was broken.

- There are enough collisions against static objects, vehicles flipping over for speeding on turns, etc. I'm not in favour of removing collisions in a driving game, but I hope that we can agree that it would make the moderation work a lot easier. Besides, training with fake bullets maybe duller and remove pressure to the training, but no one will be injured... or killed ?

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

- The players you are referring to are not trolls, they are simply reckless or what I like to call "NFS-fans", trolls are a different "species" altogether.

We might have a different definition but at the end of the day all these players get banned for crashing with someone. That's my point.

But sadly, there are many other people who will report that, even if the report will be declined with "only worth a kick". This is what makes the moderation workload to be higher and why I mentioned in a previous reply that things would go better if those players stopped reporting every little situation where they believe a rule was broken.

As I already told you in the past, I really doubt players would continue to report these behaviours if they already had 90% of similar reports declined because "only worth a kick". Why would they spend the time filling in a web report when they already know there are 90% chance it will be rejected? Do you really think all these people are not clever enough to understand it?

Like you, I'm not part of the staff and have no visibility on the reports. But using common sense you would expect that the majority of the reports are proper collisions and not "only worth a kick" ones.

- There are enough collisions against static objects, vehicles flipping over for speeding on turns, etc. I'm not in favour of removing collisions in a driving game, but I hope that we can agree that it would make the moderation work a lot easier. 

It would indeed make moderation work a lot easier since you wouldn't have any "Collisions" reports anymore which is probably 50% of the reports today.

However, you would lose also all the contacts people can have when manoeuvring or doing tight turns which are not major collisions but force people to drive properly as they might get blocked etc... This is also another great aspect about having collisions enabled which I would miss a lot.

Besides, training with fake bullets maybe duller and remove pressure to the training, but no one will be injured... or killed ?

That's the whole point! The risk of being killed. Imo if you don't have any risk there is less adrenaline. And in a videogame context, less fun (especially when we are talking about Simulation)!

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived