Not enough admins for TMP?

F4B-Ertugrul

On 6/20/2022 at 9:28 PM, Zysto said:

If i counted correctly, there are currently 72 game moderators.

This number does not include Higher positions (e.g. Leader) nor lower positions (e.g. Report Moderator).

So they actually have quite the amount of staff to work with.

However, there are some factors which have to be considered. 

These are:

-Timezones or generally which Time it is

-(Almost) every staff member of TruckersMP is a volunteer

-The amount of in-game reports/work all around the entire map

-Private life

The best thing to do in such cases is to collect evidence (e.g. video),

player information and to report them viá the TruckersMP website reporting system. (https://truckersmp.com/reports)

Alternatively you can use the in-game reporting system, but it's not guaranteed that it will be looked at due to the (often)

sheer amount of reports coming in.

I hope i was able to help a little bit.

Best Regards,

Zysto

You really explained everything very clearly. Thanks for this :HaulieLove:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/06/2022 at 19:28, Zysto said:

Se eu contei corretamente, existem atualmente 72 moderadores de jogo.

Este número não inclui cargos mais altos (por exemplo, Líder) nem cargos mais baixos (por exemplo, Moderador de Relatórios).

Então, eles realmente têm bastante equipe para trabalhar.

No entanto, existem alguns fatores que devem ser considerados. 

Estes são:

-Fusos horários ou geralmente qual é a hora

-(Quase) todos os funcionários da TruckersMP são voluntários

-A quantidade de relatórios/trabalhos no jogo em todo o mapa

-Vida privada

A melhor coisa a fazer nesses casos é coletar evidências (por exemplo, vídeo),

jogadores e denunciá-los através do sistema de relatórios do site TruckersMP. ( https://truckersmp.com/reports )

Alternativamente, você pode usar o sistema de relatórios do jogo, mas não é garantido que ele será analisado devido ao (muitas vezes)

grande quantidade de relatórios chegando.

Espero ter podido ajudar um pouco.

Cumprimentos,

Zysto

Hello 

Player reports being lapsed  due to lack of moderators is something we cannot accept. if we players have the obligation to follow the rules of TMP they also have their obligations, there are a lot of reports to be seen!!!

If there are many and you don't have moderators to read the reports and open to applications but above all it's a bad team management for not being prepared for these situations. 

Moderators are volunteers!!!!

Yes, it is true, but when someone applies for a position, they have to be aware that they will have more obligations and will have to lose more time.  It's not just having the teg game moderator on your profile. 

In short, at the moment TMP is just trolls on the road spoiling the game of others and TMP is failing to solve it. 

^^^^ There are "activity requirements" for the moderation team, we can see how some members of the team lost their position because they failed to meet these requirements. But you can't ask volunteers to be moderating 8 hours/day or 40 hours/week, same as you can't ask them to be available at certain and specific time periods of the day.

The problem, IMO, is not that there are few moderators, but that there are too many people reporting every little thing they see and think it's against a rule, no matter if it was a genuine accident or not, if they were affected or not... I only send web reports when someone crashes into my vehicle because of reckless driving or trolling. Any other things I may see, I usually ignore or, at most, I'll send an in-game report. If everyone did the same thing, the load in the web system would probably be a lot lower.

7 horas atrás, FernandoCR [ESP] disse:

^^^^ Existem "requisitos de atividade" para a equipe de moderação, podemos ver como alguns membros da equipe perderam sua posição porque não cumpriram esses requisitos. Mas você não pode pedir que voluntários sejam moderadores 8 horas/dia ou 40 horas/semana, assim como você não pode pedir que eles estejam disponíveis em determinados e específicos períodos do dia.

O problema, IMO, não é que haja poucos moderadores, mas que há muitas pessoas relatando cada pequena coisa que veem e acham que é contra uma regra, não importa se foi um acidente genuíno ou não, se foram afetados ou não ... Eu só envio relatórios da web quando alguém bate no meu veículo por causa de condução imprudente ou trollagem. Qualquer outra coisa que eu possa ver, geralmente ignoro ou, no máximo, mando um relatório in-game. Se todos fizessem a mesma coisa, a carga no sistema web provavelmente seria muito menor.

First of all I agree with you moderators are not obligated. so there's only one chance to solve the moderators issue, there has to be more moderators then it's bad team management.

Regarding the reports you are asking them not to make a report for anything and everything, have you ever thought if these reports are made for non-compliance with the TMP rules! 

I speak for myself if I see a player not complying with the rules I make a report, 

good km 

3 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

Regarding the reports you are asking them not to make a report for anything and everything, have you ever thought if these reports are made for non-compliance with the TMP rules! 

I speak for myself if I see a player not complying with the rules I make a report, 

Let me give you an example: I'm in a city, there's a traffic light ahead and it's green, when I'm approaching it someone coming on the other road runs their red light and goes through. If they hit my vehicle, I report, if they don't hit it, I don't report. But surely many people would report that because it's against the rules. Even when no one suffered any inconvenience. That's what I meant. The people who report "everything that is against the rules" are the ones causing the HIGH workload. And probably complaining because their reports are not solved fast enough.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Deixe-me dar um exemplo: estou em uma cidade, há um semáforo à frente e está verde, quando me aproximo alguém que vem na outra estrada passa o sinal vermelho e passa. Se baterem no meu veículo, eu denuncio, se não baterem, não denuncio. Mas certamente muitas pessoas denunciariam isso porque é contra as regras. Mesmo quando ninguém sofreu qualquer inconveniente. Foi isso que eu quis dizer. As pessoas que denunciam "tudo o que for contra as regras" são as que causam a ALTA carga de trabalho. E provavelmente reclamando porque seus relatórios não são resolvidos com rapidez suficiente.

I don't do these types of reports either, but it's in the TMP rules that it's punishable, and players are within their rights to make the report. Now whether it will be accepted is another story. But in my opinion the reports have gone up a lot since the permanent bans ended, maybe many have a 2 opportunity, but many others don't. 

good km 

12 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

If everyone did the same thing, the load in the web system would probably be a lot lower.

You forgot to mention that you never go on C-D ?

I can safely say that probably 50% of the reports come from this road alone. When I go there I crash at least twice with idiots on a single trip.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

But surely many people would report that because it's against the rules. Even when no one suffered any inconvenience. That's what I meant.

I don't think people bother doing web reports for that. Probably in-game reports yes, but not web reports as it would be a pure waste of time. I can hardly imagine someone continuing to send these sort of reports after seeing that his last 3-4 similar reports resulted in not ban simply because the offense only deserved a kick.

16 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

Now whether it will be accepted is another story

No they wouldn't result in any ban because they are too small offense that only deserve an instant kick.

Basically from my experience:

• Offenses without a crash or not bothering lots of people (like a big intentional block in the middle of the road) = kick (if actioned live in-game by a game mod or admin) but not a ban
  • Deliberate crash, insulting, blocking (many people), hack = minimum a kick in-game, or a ban when report on the web report system.

18 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Você esqueceu de mencionar que você nunca vai em CD ?

Posso dizer com segurança que provavelmente 50% dos relatos vêm somente desta estrada. Quando eu vou lá, eu bato pelo menos duas vezes com idiotas em uma única viagem.

Eu não acho que as pessoas se incomodam em fazer relatórios da web para isso. Provavelmente relatórios no jogo sim, mas não relatórios da web, pois seria pura perda de tempo. Eu mal posso imaginar alguém continuando a enviar esse tipo de relatório depois de ver que seus últimos 3-4 relatórios semelhantes resultaram em não banimento simplesmente porque a ofensa só merecia um chute.

Não, eles não resultariam em nenhum banimento porque são uma ofensa muito pequena que só merece um chute instantâneo.

Basicamente pela minha experiência:

• Ofensas sem um acidente ou não incomodando muitas pessoas (como um grande bloqueio intencional no meio da estrada) = chute (se acionado ao vivo no jogo por um mod ou administrador do jogo), mas não uma proibição
  • Acidente deliberado, insulto, bloqueio (muitas pessoas), hack = mínimo um kick no jogo, ou um banimento ao relatar no sistema de denúncias da web.

we just have a little problem a kick can only be done by a moderator and moderators can't be all over the place. 

In your opinion, we should have these players do whatever they want. 

2 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

we just have a little problem a kick can only be done by a moderator and moderators can't be all over the place. 

In your opinion, we should have these players do whatever they want. 

I'm just explaining how it works today. I would love to have players punished for all the offenses they made. Unfortunately how do you punish someone who doesn't deserve more than a kick several days after he did the offense? You can eventually count them? And every 5 or 10 offenses like that, the game mods will give a week ban? 

I am sure the Creators of TruckersMP were not intended to create a "Punish" Simulator! Of course, there are some Incidents that should be punished in the Moment as they happen, but i am sure that it will not change a thing. The Thread Starter talked about the D-C Area or any other high Populated Areas in the Game and we all know, these Areas are a Super Magnet for all Players who enjoying any kind of Trouble. That brings me, by the Way, back to the suggested "Punish by Vote" System. In this Case, if a Vote will be started in these Areas, there are enough People around who are not so Nice and just Vote the Kick,  because they can or want.

I don´t want a "Lynchmob Game"! If you are annoyed about the Situation in these Areas, then do not Drive there. If you knowing whats going on there and you want People around you, because driving on the other Parts of the Map is boring due to the lack of Traffic, then you have to deal in your own Mind with the Circumstances or the Things that can and will happen. You can report Players In-Game, with a success rate of 0.1% that your report will be claimed, because there are so many reports and every single wrong fart will be reported. If you very in the need to punish the other Player, then you can create a Web Report, if you have the needed Evidence available. And, if the Incident needs to be punished, then it will be. I speaking of my own experience here, with the current System.

And if the Moderator decide, this would be a Kick only, then i have the Option to use the Feedback and complaining about the Moderator. And if the Feedback turns out that it is still a Kick, then it is so.

I driving very often, the Last Days/Weeks, along the D-C Road and i´ve made a lot of Reports. But, in comparison to how many times i maked a run along the road without any damage, the number of incidents did not increased. I am aware of the Situation in this Area and if its annoying me that much that i am getting angry, then i starting to avoid this road. And if i feel the need to change something in these kind of Areas, then i need to apply to the TruckersMP Team. ?

I am Convinced that 20 or 40 more Game Moderators will not change the Players behaviour in these Areas. Maybe it will reduce the Workload for every Moderator a bit, but nothing more.

Instead of changing the punishing System, maybe it would be better to make it more attractive to drive on the complete Map. Remember the Influence of "Community Goals" like WOT Events or the Last TruckersMP HQ Event. Do more Stuff like this, create a own TruckersMP Economy which have a Demand System of Goods for every single City and make the VTC System more attractive and many Players will start to drive on the complete Map.

3 hours ago, Fummelprinz said:

That brings me, by the Way, back to the suggested "Punish by Vote" System. In this Case, if a Vote will be started in these Areas, there are enough People around who are not so Nice and just Vote the Kick,  because they can or want.

I don´t want a "Lynchmob Game"!

This is indeed possible, difficult but possible. However there are ways to prevent/limit it as I mentioned in a previous reply:

• This behaviour could be reported (via web report) by others who have been kicked without a good justification (or people who witnessed it). And if, after investigation, the game mod finds out that it was an abuse, everyone who participated could be banned/punished.
  • You could enhance the system to prevent a unique player from making more than Y reports within T minutes. From my experience you usually don't report more than once per 15min.

3 hours ago, Fummelprinz said:

Instead of changing the punishing System, maybe it would be better to make it more attractive to drive on the complete Map. Remember the Influence of "Community Goals" like WOT Events or the Last TruckersMP HQ Event. Do more Stuff like this, create a own TruckersMP Economy which have a Demand System of Goods for every single City and make the VTC System more attractive and many Players will start to drive on the complete Map.

That would be the best solution indeed! Because if players still go on C-D even if they are annoyed by all these idiots, it's because there is traffic and other players to interact with ?

But you would have to make these event much more often make people forget about C-D!

58 minutos atrás, FernandoCR [ESP] disse:

^^^ O que exatamente isso resolveria?

what resolves the TMP ban a player from playing an example 3 weeks? 

Instead of being banned, I could only play on the arcade server where there are no collisions and after 5 bans I would take. The 90 days without playing. 

17 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

what resolves the TMP ban a player from playing an example 3 weeks? 

Instead of being banned, I could only play on the arcade server where there are no collisions and after 5 bans I would take. The 90 days without playing. 

So, you are saying, if your Mom caught you with the hands in the cookie box, instead of slaping your hands she should better pack up each cookie into a plastic wrap and tie them down to the bottom of the box with extra strong chains, to still give you the option to try to get your hands into the cookie box, without being able to get a cookie?

29 minutes ago, Fummelprinz said:

Então, você está dizendo, se sua mãe pegou você com as mãos na caixa de biscoitos, em vez de bater em suas mãos, ela deveria embalar cada biscoito em um filme plástico e amarrá-los no fundo da caixa com correntes extra fortes, ainda dar a você a opção de tentar colocar as mãos na caixa de biscoitos, sem conseguir pegar um biscoito?

in my opinion I don't believe that the trolls of server 1 would find it funny only being able to play in the arcade during their punishment, it was a way to teach them 1 lesson. 

To be honest, Trolls give *insert here your most prefered and needed to censored phrase/words* ,  if they are able to play on the Sim Server or the Arcade Server. Trolls want to annoy other People and if they are dedicated enough to doing this, they creating a new Account to continue, when they got banned. Or they chose another Game to troll others, while they waiting that their Ban on TruckersMP expire.

In my Opinion, a lot of Ban are not necessary and could be avoidable, if People take their Time  and read the Rules of Gameplay and understand that a Multiplayer Game means that behind every Truck/Player they met in the Game, is a real person.  Polite and respectful behavior is not a Question of the Age, it is a Question of education.

I repeat myself, more Moderators in high populated Areas will  not change the Peoples behavior, and there is no need to be scared that you are getting banned in these Areas, as long you respect the others, as long you being polite and as long you obey the rules. And in Case you have violated the Rules not on Purpose, you can talk to the Other Player and apologies.

15 minutes ago, Fummelprinz said:

Para ser honesto, os Trolls dão *insira aqui sua frase/palavra censurada mais preferida e necessária* , se eles puderem jogar no Sim Server ou no Arcade Server. Os trolls querem incomodar outras pessoas e se eles se dedicam o suficiente para isso, eles criam uma nova conta para continuar, quando são banidos. Ou eles escolheram outro jogo para trollar os outros, enquanto esperam que o banimento do TruckersMP expire.

Na minha opinião, muitos banimentos não são necessários e podem ser evitáveis, se as pessoas tomarem seu tempo e lerem as regras de jogo e entenderem que um jogo multijogador significa que por trás de cada caminhão/jogador que encontraram no jogo, há uma pessoa real . O comportamento educado e respeitoso não é uma questão da época, é uma questão de educação.

Repito, mais moderadores em áreas altamente populosas não mudarão o comportamento das pessoas, e não há necessidade de ter medo de que você seja banido nessas áreas, desde que respeite os outros, seja educado e obedeça as regras. E caso você tenha violado as Regras sem Propósito, você pode falar com o Outro Jogador e pedir desculpas.

I agree with your idea, but very few know the rules of TMP and when they go to join the TMP servers, they do secoll on the mouse and accept the rules and don't waste time. 

Trolls don't want to play they want to spoil other people's game, and because of that many of the older players I know have already left TMP and are now in SCS

The end of the permanent bans was bad, I speak because I'm doing my trip relaxed and I take it with a troll on top and it ruins the trip, I report him and after a few days he's doing the same thing

Merhaba,

In my opinion, the number of general officials (excluding senior moderators) is sufficient. As far as I know, there are between 70-75 game officials. It is not possible to intervene in every event in the game.

We can say this for several different reasons;

- What time did the problem in the game occur?
Not subjecting the personnel to a certain working hour (Such a thing would be cruel, since the staff are volunteers.)
- And the ability to coincide with 10+ events happening simultaneously

Officials may not be able to look at the game every second at any time. They may have jobs in their real life, they may not want to enter at that moment, there may be countless reasons like this. Of course, everyone wants instant control of violations. However, being a little fair on this matter should be the common view of all of us, my friend. Thanks for the good topic. I wish you good games.

Kind Regards

Black Alcoa
TruckersMP Veterean Driver II

4 hours ago, Fummelprinz said:

So, you are saying, if your Mom caught you with the hands in the cookie box, instead of slaping your hands she should better pack up each cookie into a plastic wrap and tie them down to the bottom of the box with extra strong chains, to still give you the option to try to get your hands into the cookie box, without being able to get a cookie?

Lol

I think he rather meant: "if you want to play the cowboy on the street fine. But as soon as you hit several persons I'll lock you into a kindergarten and give you fake guns instead so that you can shoot everything you want/see".

4 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

in my opinion I don't believe that the trolls of server 1 would find it funny only being able to play in the arcade during their punishment, it was a way to teach them 1 lesson. 

If they don't learn anything from being 2 weeks completely banned, I don't see what they would learn from being limited to one server, honestly... Only that they are allowed to keep using TruckersMP no matter what they do... Honestly, I've seen ridiculous "solutions" and this one must be in the top 3.

10 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

If they don't learn anything from being 2 weeks completely banned, I don't see what they would learn from being limited to one server, honestly... Only that they are allowed to keep using TruckersMP no matter what they do... Honestly, I've seen ridiculous "solutions" and this one must be in the top 3.

Think twice!

Imagine, if people are banned from Sim1 but still have access to Arcade. If they want to continue playing they will be forced to play on the Arcade server with other banned persons. While this doesn't prevent them to come back to Sim1 once the ban is ended, some might actually find some more interesting way to enjoy the game on the Arcade server (with their fellow trolls) and continue doing stupid things there instead to avoid future bans on Sim1? Won't probably happen for most of them but might happen for few ?

And obviously such a measure will increase the number of players on the Arcade server as well ?

It seems that my question was misunderstood.

Comment: I have a solution... All players who get a ban instead of not being able to play on TMP can only play on the arcade server where there are no collisions. It's an idea. 

Question: What would that solve regarding the topic about "Not enough admins for TMP". The Simulation server would be the same as now and Arcade server would have more people (banned people) that would possibly require more attention from the moderation team (even if road rules don't apply, foul language, hacks, etc. are still forbidden in Arcade).

That's why IMO it's not a solution, but the opposite to it.

Archived