• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/21/2022 at 11:21 AM, _EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

alright lets wait for someone who tears my ideas down

Haiii!

hire more admins

Recruitment involves much more than just clicking "open", reading applications, and clicking "accept". In any team, every time applications are opened, months of time is required to not only read each application, but also verify that each applicant meets the requirements, and conduct interviews and (in some teams) training.

For example, when I applied to join the Add-On Team in December, I was not fully brought into the team until the end of January, and there were still more people who were not added-on (pun intended) until March, and this is for a team that (I'd assume) does not get many applications (as it requires very specific knowledge).

The Game Moderation team is, by far, the most sought-after role on the platform, so much that this team has many additional requirements for applicants that other teams do not have (and yes these requirements still exist for internal team transfers, so there is no loophole there). This means the recruitment process for this team takes a lot longer than it does in other teams, and this has to happen in addition to the many behind-the-scenes roles GMMs already have, which take up quite a lot of time (to the point that some managers don't even play the game anymore). Opening Recruitment is a huge decision.

make minimum hours per week where admins must be in their role and do their work

There are already heavy activity requirements. (Those who are not able to meet these requirements are able to declare a Leave of Absense, transfer, or leave the team, but there are strict regulations in place to prevent this being abused.)

make calais ncz for at least less work

This has been tried in Duisburg, and the majority of players were (and still are) against it, because it conflicts with Road to Simulation (among other reasons).

Any and all opinions are my own. Generalizations and interpretations are based on public information and do not reflect the positions of any organization.

20 horas atrás, ARTHUR.1903 disse:

sim, veja um novo recrutamento, acho que você vai se candidatar primeiro. Eu sou ativo neste jogo e posso volunta

riamente fazer o jogo funcionar corretamente.

Hello.

I think you should understand how the team works first, then being in the right VTC to get that position, then being friends with the right person.??

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Obrigado@Outro cara para uma visão mais detalhada do que acontece nos bastidores. Espero que isso dissipe as preocupações de alguns jogadores sobre possíveis brechas na cadeia de comando.

IIRC, os futuros moderadores do jogo precisam alternar entre outras posições primeiro, o que prolonga o tempo até que estejam prontos.

Hello. 

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you on the part you have to go through other positions first. 

So why is there several times shortening to certain positions! 

So because there are several shortenings throughout the year for various positions, 1 was enough. 

If I'm good at translation and I want to do translation I won't apply for moderation. 

What you said makes no sense. 

46 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello. 

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you on the part you have to go through other positions first. 

So why is there several times shortening to certain positions! 

So because there are several shortenings throughout the year for various positions, 1 was enough. 

If I'm good at translation and I want to do translation I won't apply for moderation. 

What you said makes no sense. 

Hello @"RICKY",

IIRC = if I Recall Correctly

I might recall it wrong as well. ?

But especially the Game Moderator is the face of TruckersMP and requires skills, talent and intensive training. 

I'd be interested in evidence/ proof of your claim that there are shortenings several times to certain positions.

Can you provide evidence/ proof?

Otherwise I will regard your statement as hearsay.

Olá@"RICY",

IIRC = se me lembro corretamente

Eu poderia lembrar errado também. ?

Mas especialmente o Game Moderator é a cara do TruckersMP e exige habilidades, talento e treinamento intensivo. 

Eu estaria interessado em evidências/provas de sua afirmação de que há encurtamentos várias vezes para determinadas posições.

Você pode fornecer evidências/provas?

Caso contrário, considerarei sua declaração como boato.

go through other positions before they go to the position you applied for. 

I also think you should read the rest of my comment and you will understand. 

9 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

go through other positions before they go to the position you applied for. 

I also think you should read the rest of my comment and you will understand. 

Seriously, if you can't or don't want to back your claims with solid evidence just say so. Asking others to look for proof in your interest isn't helpful nor productive. 

Have a good one!

1 minute ago, blabberbeak said:

Sério, se você não pode ou não quer apoiar suas alegações com evidências sólidas, apenas diga. Pedir aos outros que procurem provas de seu interesse não é útil nem produtivo. 

Tenha um bom dia!

something is not with you, that I have to show something, but with the right people. these subjects as you know cannot be discussed here on the forum. 

And also from what I understand you don't belong to the team. 

For this type of problems (annoying many players in a short timeframe): an idiot blocking the road, or ramming into everyone, or using some hack etc..., there is a simple efficient solution (maybe not as simple to implement).

Solution: if the player receives X amount of in-game reports (from unique players) within a period of N minutes he/she gets automatically kicked and banned for 1H. I would say 10 reports over 5min is reasonable.

That way no need of any moderator/admin and players will just vote to get someone kicked.

7 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello.

I think you should understand how the team works first, then being in the right VTC to get that position, then being friends with the right person.??

You really can’t get over it can you?

What you’re insinuating makes no sense, but it’s not the topic here, although to have such a rage against positions and recruitment process, i wonder how many time you got declined, such expression of anger against TMP Staff positions, there must be an open wound there.

2 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

something is not with you, that I have to show something, but with the right people. these subjects as you know cannot be discussed here on the forum. 

And also from what I understand you don't belong to the team. 

You definitely brought to this forum topic, a subject discussed previously, on  the topic you created.

Instead of “threatening” with evidences no one ever saw, why don’t you open a feedback ticket and go through with it and stop bringing that every time a discussion about Game Moderation or TMP Staff positions are created.

26 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

I love " babá ovo " and " Lembe botas ". 

Good miles to everyone. 

And for this one, for those who understand it, like me, really shows how deep wounded you are and how mature you are.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

9 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Solution: if the player received X amount of in-game report within a period of N minute he/she gets kicked and banned for 1H. I would say 10 reports over 5min is reasonable.

Unfortunately this could be abused by a group of players who intend to get a selected victim kicked from the game.

34 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

I love " babá ovo " and " Lembe botas ". 

Cuidado com o que diz e para quem diz. 

Unfortunately this could be abused by a group of players who intend to get a selected victim kicked from the game.

Well:

1. It would be quite difficult for people to regroup at 10+ to abuse the system and kick players. That's possible but it would be rare I think. Most of the time idiots are just lonely people or 2 persons challenging each other to see who's the most idiot of the 2 ?
  2. This behaviour could be reported (via web report) by others who have been kicked without a good justification (or people who witnessed it). And if, after investigation, the game mod finds out that it was an abuse, everyone who participated could be banned/punished.
  3. You could enhance the system to prevent a unique player from making more than Y reports within T minutes. From my experience you usually don't report more than once per 15min.

TruckersMP do not need more Game Moderators. But TruckersMP need a better reputation. Unfortunately, like in Real Life and specially in the Gaming Community, the few Ones who complaining/crying the loudest, will be heared. The "Idiots on the Road" Compilations doing also their "best" to let TruckersMP look like a Kids Ball Pit at the Shopping Mall, where parents dropped their Trolling Childs before they going on a chilling shopping tour.

More Moderators are not a Solution to fix the general Problem that some Gamers have in their Brain!

The Majority of TruckersMP Community are Nice People, who enjoying the Game as it means and do not Insult or Trolling Others, because they wouldn´t doing this in RL either. But this is not the Picture that you see, when you searching in the Web for TruckersMP. On 1 positive Review following 15 negative Comments how "shitty" the Game is and their Admins are! Mostly by Players who got banned, cause they violated the Rules that they´ve not readed!

The Problem is, that People do not understand that a Multiplayer Game means, that you are playing against or with other Human beings, with all the different Feelings and Experience they have,  as you would met them in Real Life Face to Face. Those People can learn, and many of them learning it, when someone caught them with their hands in the cookie box.

And for the Files, TruckersMP is a Free to Play Modifikation of a Single Player Game, that was not made as a Multiplayer Game in general. You only need to Buy the Base Game and can play TruckersMP, all that TruckersMP whants from you is:

- Read our Rules and Obey them!

- Be nice to other People and Respect them!

- Keep your Real Life Issues out of the Game!

- Enjoy our Gameplay!

Another problem is, some People are fully aware of their behaviour and trying to hurt the Others on Purpose. And for this People TruckersMP need experienced Moderators, who are able to tell the difference between an accidental Rule Violation and a Purpose One.

It takes a long Time to gain this Level of Experience. So, here is TruckersMP in charge to keep their Team together!

Sounds like the discussion is only about: would more game mods be useful or not really?

What about taking game mods out of the equation and letting players auto-moderate in-game? As @Fummelprinz rightly said "The Majority of TruckersMP Community are Nice People, who enjoying the Game as it means and do not Insult or Trolling Others, because they wouldn´t doing this in RL either."

If we agree that this statement is true. Why wouldn't we give more power to the players to decide themselves who is having an incorrect behaviour in-game (i.e. via a voting system as I mentioned in my previous posts)?

17 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Why wouldn't we give more power to the players to decide themselves who is having an incorrect behaviour in-game (i.e. via a voting system as I mentioned in my previous posts)?

Because this is a Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation Game! There is no need to give the "Power" to the Players to punish other Players when they violate the Rule. You are able to report them and as far as i know, is the System that TruckersMP provide pretty Unique in Online Gaming. Sure, it have some not so Ideal Issues, but in general, if a Player violate the Rules and you have the need to Punish him, it will work.

As Example, Player 1 is regular driving along the road Player 2 is coming from the opposite Direction and from behind coming Player 3 who is ramming Player 2. Player 2 is losing the Control of his Truck and ramming Player 1. Player 1 is typing in Chat, punish Player 2 for ramming me, and starting a vote. 10 other Players, who did not saw the incident, vote Yes and Player 2 gets kicked. Was the decision correct, do you really want this kind of punishment?

To be honest, i prefer the current system, where i can provide a recording of the Incident and where i can be sure that there is a more or sometimes less experienced Moderator who take a look and made the final decision. Because, my Ingame Impuls, to instant punish the Other, might be not correct in the Heat of the Moment.

More Moderators will not solve the Problem.

49 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Sounds like the discussion is only about: would more game mods be useful or not really?

With thousands of players online every day, an increase of game moderators to multiple hundreds would still be no more than a drop in the ocean.

Showing Mutual consideration and respect for others and the rules are key in every game.

That's why education is key and more important than punishment. 

The few who step out of line have to be taken care of by both: the TruckersMP team AND the players, together.

32 minutes ago, Fummelprinz said:

Because this is a Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation Game! There is no need to give the "Power" to the Players to punish other Players when they violate the Rule. You are able to report them and as far as i know, is the System that TruckersMP provide pretty Unique in Online Gaming. Sure, it have some not so Ideal Issues, but in general, if a Player violate the Rules and you have the need to Punish him, it will work

From this statement I can understand that you're kind of ok/happy with the current system. But the initial post of this thread is actually about improving the situation to have more control/regulation (from more admin/mods or something else). It's not because you are ok with the current system that we can't think about other, additional, systems to improve things.

35 minutes ago, Fummelprinz said:

As Example, Player 1 is regular driving along the road Player 2 is coming from the opposite Direction and from behind coming Player 3 who is ramming Player 2. Player 2 is losing the Control of his Truck and ramming Player 1. Player 1 is typing in Chat, punish Player 2 for ramming me, and starting a vote. 10 other Players, who did not saw the incident, vote Yes and Player 2 gets kicked. Was the decision correct, do you really want this kind of punishment?

You're completely contradicting your previous statement here: "The Majority of TruckersMP Community are Nice People, who enjoying the Game as it means and do not Insult or Trolling Others, because they wouldn´t doing this in RL either."

You were saying that the majority of people are nice, and now you say people would vote to punish someone without even knowing if he actually did something wrong?!

2 scenarios: 

1. The majority of people are nasty and vicious, and they will vote to punish anyone for fun. In that case the voting system would indeed be counter-productive.
  2. The majority of people are nice and responsible, and they will vote to punish someone only if it's deserved. In that case the voting system would be productive.
39 minutes ago, Fummelprinz said:

To be honest, i prefer the current system, where i can provide a recording of the Incident and where i can be sure that there is a more or sometimes less experienced Moderator who take a look and made the final decision. Because, my Ingame Impuls, to instant punish the Other, might be not correct in the Heat of the Moment.

The voting system wouldn't replace the existing one. It would actually be complementary as sometimes some behaviours just deserve a simple kick and if mods aren't available NOW on the instant, recording and reporting won't help. I've been there, reported someone for forcing his way which forced me to go out of the road (but I didn't crash and there was no collision) and the game mod didn't punish him as it wasn't bad enough to deserve a ban (which was actually right). A kick would have been a right punishment. So in the end this bad player wasn't punished at all for what he did.

The whole problem started when TMP ended the permanent bans, the players that came to the game were practically players already banned permanently from the game, they were banned for some reason. yes the players change but 90% of them as we see have not changed. 
Practically the TMP with this new rule turned the game in the MP a game for troll.  

Archived