Not enough admins for TMP?

F4B-Ertugrul

https://www.hizliresim.com/s3gru8s 

https://www.hizliresim.com/q3oyppy 

https://www.hizliresim.com/q5owka5 

Hello, Duisburg-Calais road, which is the busiest area of SIM1 server, was blocked by a player for 15-20 minutes.
It is a bad situation that there is no admin on such a busy road.
Not enough admins?
Are the admins not doing their job properly?
How a person closes the road cannot be solved for 15-20 minutes.
I respect tmp and all admins, but the situation is bad.
2 weeks ago, on the same road, the 'hacker' damaged everyone for 10 minutes and there was no admin again.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i counted correctly, there are currently 72 game moderators.

This number does not include Higher positions (e.g. Leader) nor lower positions (e.g. Report Moderator).

So they actually have quite the amount of staff to work with.

However, there are some factors which have to be considered. 

These are:

-Timezones or generally which Time it is

-(Almost) every staff member of TruckersMP is a volunteer

-The amount of in-game reports/work all around the entire map

-Private life

The best thing to do in such cases is to collect evidence (e.g. video),

player information and to report them viá the TruckersMP website reporting system. (https://truckersmp.com/reports)

Alternatively you can use the in-game reporting system, but it's not guaranteed that it will be looked at due to the (often)

sheer amount of reports coming in.

I hope i was able to help a little bit.

Best Regards,

Zysto

Have a nice day!

I understand you, thank you for your answer.
The issue I want to talk about here: Peak hour and busiest route for tmp, but there is no admin looking at this road or on duty.
I don't care if the player is banned or not.
my advice is; During peak hours and busy routes, admins can keep watch and make the game more fluid.
(I use translate, I hope you understand me correctly) 

Hello,

I understand the frustration, but let’s not forget as said above, that admins are from all parts of the world, they have a private life, work, etc.

And TruckersMp is not only C-D Road or the Alpine road.

There are more servers that also needs supervision.

As also said above, collect all the necessary evidence, and report it to TruckersMp.

It’s frustrating, i know and I understand, but once everything is collected, a simple F7, start over and enjoy the game.

There will never be enough game moderators when we’re driving and something happens with trolls.

We will always complain but our only option is to report, be patient and move on.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, ARTHUR.1903 said:

The issue I want to talk about here: Peak hour and busiest route for tmp, but there is no admin looking at this road or on duty.

Knowing that and assuming that there will be trouble, the best solution is to NOT use that road/area. There's plenty of other roads to drive, not so crowded, true, but crowds in multiplayer games (and very specifically in TruckersMP) means that it's where trolls will be.

While i can understand that it is frustrating to be blocked for so long and that you would like to have a moderator there at all times, that simply can not be done. And the reason for it is that we are are not paid to do any of the moderator work we do. And so we spent our free time doing this. And because of that we simply cant have someone on the CD road at all times. Moderators have lives they need to live and things they need to do. We cant spend all our time in game. The best thing you can do is report them in game and record them so you can use that recording to make a web report and then if they broke the rules, they will be taken care off. And other than that? Well the game is full of nice roads, so you could just drive on some other road than the CD road.

Reports in game 99% of the time never get responded to, the only good way to report is on the website. I'm sure all permabans getting removed doesn't help with the trolls either, I'm sure there's probably quite a bit more trolls but I haven't driven on CD road since then so I don't know. But with more trolls the admins will be more overwhelmed with reports. Although I have driven on the new popular Alps route and it's not bad.

7 hours ago, ARTHUR.1903 said:

https://www.hizliresim.com/s3gru8s 

https://www.hizliresim.com/q3oyppy 

https://www.hizliresim.com/q5owka5 

Hello, Duisburg-Calais road, which is the busiest area of SIM1 server, was blocked by a player for 15-20 minutes.
It is a bad situation that there is no admin on such a busy road.
Not enough admins?
Are the admins not doing their job properly?
How a person closes the road cannot be solved for 15-20 minutes.
I respect tmp and all admins, but the situation is bad.
2 weeks ago, on the same road, the 'hacker' damaged everyone for 10 minutes and there was no admin again.

It is indeed frustrating but yes given the size of the map, the personal lives of each of the staffs it is quite understandable that there is a lack of admins at times on certain particular situations like the one named.

However, maybe TMP should just review their methods to avoid trolls coming back too often to bother the good players. Why not set up a system that prevents trolls from connecting to the simulation server? Allowing them to access only certain servers, such as Arcade, which is a sandbox of sorts, could greatly reduce the problems that some players experience.

Instead we have a lot of bans, one player recently pointed this out in a suggestion and it has been closed, no one can comment on his suggestion, which is a shame for TMP not to get feedback from its community...

14 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Knowing that and assuming that there will be trouble, the best solution is to NOT use that road/area. There's plenty of other roads to drive, not so crowded, true, but crowds in multiplayer games (and very specifically in TruckersMP) means that it's where trolls will be.

Wait a Minute, you are saying, it is possible to avoid the high populated Areas? Sounds like a Fairytale, as next you are saying it is possible to drive to all Citys which are on the Map. ? ?

actually dont get the people who comment here the point of the author? sure the 72 admins cant be everywhere and they are in different time zones, but the writer of that topic questioned if there are even enough admins and it seems like there arent enough of them or they dont play often. i would understand it if the recruitment is open and they cant find one for whatever reasons but no its closed. seems like some of the people here defend that situation at all cost with their weird arguments like "DoNt DrIvE tHeRe" as if its my fault that people hack or drive reckless on purpose ?‍♂️... 

and then you can come with suggestions like: calais nocollisonzone and the tmp team says no and then they wonder why people question them.

my irrelevant suggestions for solving that problem:

hire more admins

make minimum hours per week where admins must be in their role and do their work

make calais ncz for at least less work

optional:

give Veterean admins a LITE version of the admin role.

alright lets wait for someone who tears my ideas down with a comment which gets like 5 upvotes.

23 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

@_EURØPEANTRUCKS_VJ

Neither staying away from infamous populated areas nor increasing the number and working time of Game Moderators addresses the core problem. Both can be regarded as workarounds at best.

It would be more efficient to train and educate players in a way that the whole community can benefit from.

i like your suggestion yes but we cant train hackers or people who crash on purpose since they dont car about anything.

anyway i guess if we combine our suggestions the game can be improved.

I believe that TMP and especially the GM team is doing their best, however every Admin does this job in their free time and they don’t get paid at all. You can’t expect them to be everywhere at the Map at the same time, it is just impossible. I always record my gameplays in case something happens, and then report it on the website. The load on the ingame report system is really high which makes it understandable that they can only deal with a small amount of ingame reports. 
Furthermore, a Game Moderators job isn’t only ingame. They have to upload the evidence, review it, review and answer appeals, work through the report system on the website (work through more appeals). I can also imagine that it can be very difficult sometimes to decide if a ban is justified and for how long, where some cases can take longer to review. I’m addition to that they maybe also got some internal work we don’t know about because of the internal security policy. 

I’d recommend you to avoid CD road or other high populated areas if you don’t want to deal with trolls. Also record your gameplay in case something happens. A ingame report deleted itself after some time, a wev report doesn’t. If you meet trolls on the road be patient, they will get a punishment they deserve for sure. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

Guys, I think you misunderstand me. I don't want the admins to be all over the map, but when there are 3000+ players on the server and there are 150+ players on the D-C road, of course there should be one admin on duty.
I know they don't do it with money, admins are volunteers.
and I want to use it in the D-C way, that's my taste. I like that way. Please don't tell me they have other ways in the game, I know how big the map is.

21 minutes ago, ARTHUR.1903 said:

Guys, I think you misunderstand me. I don't want the admins to be all over the map, but when there are 3000+ players on the server and there are 150+ players on the D-C road, of course there should be one admin on duty.
I know they don't do it with money, admins are volunteers.
and I want to use it in the D-C way, that's my taste. I like that way. Please don't tell me they have other ways in the game, I know how big the map is.

Yes, increasing the number of admins in frequently used routes will prevent many problems.

Hello.

The problem I see here is that many players think that "we should do our job", many times I read the phrase "do your job" when in reality we are volunteers, it's not our job, we don't receive money for being a staff member and as my colleague said in a message above we do the moderation tasks in our free time. Behind the role of game moderator there is a person who has responsibilities, has a job, has to study, or simply has to do his life like the rest of you, the moderators also want to enjoy other games, enjoy the day with their friends, we don't have to be all day on the server to control users and ban people. 

If you join on the server and you only drive on the CD route then you must understand that this kind of situations happen frequently, you must be patient and adapt to the route that you have chosen to drive. For that reason you have the necessary tools to report the player. There is an extensive map that you can travel freely, you can expand the base map with the DLCs and drive with more tranquility if you wish. So the problem is not if there are few moderators, the problem is the lack of patience of the player and also the choice of a route that is known for the high congestion of players and the problems caused by players who circulate on that route and only play to annoy other players. I believe that, from the staff side, we do our best to provide a correct service, but don't forget that we are people, and that we are volunteers. Use the tools to report annoying players, that way you can help us. 

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Mystere said:

Hello.

The problem I see here is that many players think that "we should do our job", many times I read the phrase "do your job" when in reality we are volunteers, it's not our job, we don't receive money for being a staff member and as my colleague said in a message above we do the moderation tasks in our free time. Behind the role of game moderator there is a person who has responsibilities, has a job, has to study, or simply has to do his life like the rest of you, the moderators also want to enjoy other games, enjoy the day with their friends, we don't have to be all day on the server to control users and ban people. 

If you join on the server and you only drive on the CD route then you must understand that this kind of situations happen frequently, you must be patient and adapt to the route that you have chosen to drive. For that reason you have the necessary tools to report the player. There is an extensive map that you can travel freely, you can expand the base map with the DLCs and drive with more tranquility if you wish. So the problem is not if there are few moderators, the problem is the lack of patience of the player and also the choice of a route that is known for the high congestion of players and the problems caused by players who circulate on that route and only play to annoy other players. I believe that, from the staff side, we do our best to provide a correct service, but don't forget that we are people, and that we are volunteers. Use the tools to report annoying players, that way you can help us. 

we know that you dont get paid but i think a structure would be good

TMP has people based around the world in different time zones, and points of their life. This also isn't a "job" so it really is on a their time basis when they can get on and do admin activities. Yes it might take awhile for reports to get looked at, but that is because they are getting thousands! Look at their stats they posted earlier this year, you will see just how many reports come into them! I get it's frustrating, but they are doing the best they can I promise. Who knows they might do another recruiting session soon too.

On 21/06/2022 at 19:36, Mystere said:

Olá.

O problema que vejo aqui é que muitos jogadores pensam que "devemos fazer nosso trabalho", muitas vezes leio a frase "faça seu trabalho" quando na verdade somos voluntários, não é nosso trabalho, não recebemos dinheiro por ser um membro da equipe e como meu colega disse em uma mensagem acima fazemos as tarefas de moderação em nosso tempo livre. Por trás do papel de moderador do jogo existe uma pessoa que tem responsabilidades, tem um emprego, tem que estudar, ou simplesmente tem que fazer sua vida como o resto de vocês, os moderadores também querem curtir outros jogos, curtir o dia com seus amigos , não precisamos ficar o dia todo no servidor para controlar usuários e banir pessoas. 

Se você entra no servidor e só dirige na rota do CD, deve entender que esse tipo de situação acontece com frequência, deve ser paciente e se adaptar à rota que escolheu para dirigir. Por isso você tem as ferramentas necessárias para denunciar o jogador. Existe um mapa extenso que você pode viajar livremente, você pode expandir o mapa base com os DLCs e dirigir com mais tranquilidade se desejar. Então o problema não é se são poucos moderadores, o problema é a falta de paciência do jogador e também a escolha de uma rota que é conhecida pelo alto congestionamento de jogadores e pelos problemas causados pelos jogadores que circulam naquela rota e só jogar para irritar outros jogadores. Acredito que, do lado do staff, fazemos o nosso melhor para prestar um serviço correcto, mas não nos esqueçamos que somos pessoas, e que somos voluntários. 

Good Morning,

I understand that they are volunteers on the team, but if a player is a candidate, the team must be aware that they will have more work and more time for the same. 

It's not just having a moderator in teg game and stop working.  If the moderator no longer has time to perform his work simply for the benefit of TMP and all its players, it is better to leave his post in TMP

8 hours ago, Tundra_Gaming said:

TMP has people based around the world in different time zones, and points of their life. This also isn't a "job" so it really is on a their time basis when they can get on and do admin activities. Yes it might take awhile for reports to get looked at, but that is because they are getting thousands! Look at their stats they posted earlier this year, you will see just how many reports come into them! I get it's frustrating, but they are doing the best they can I promise. Who knows they might do another recruiting session soon too.

yes, if there is a new recruitment, I think I will apply first. I am active in this game and I can voluntarily make the game work properly.

Archived