Show Driving Lights/High Beams on Other Vehicles

Suggestion Name:

Show Driving Lights/High Beams on Other Vehicles

Suggestion Description:

We can disable "Additional lights" on other vehicles in the TAB/Graphics menu, but these only includes beacons and strobes. Many players add unecessarry ammount of roofbar and/or bullbar mounted driving lights, despite their truck is already equiped with two sets of built-in driving lights (2016 Scania). Add option, similar to beacons/strobes,  which would disable high beams and all aditional driving lights (including built-in) on other players vehicles.  If possible, add second option, which would disable all aditional driving lights (including built-in), but would not affect main beams.

Any example images: 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Why should it be added?:

Beacuse too many people just ignore everything and drive around like in the picture above all the time, even cities or in a daylight. It may not be as blinding as in real life, but it's still quite annoying, you can be distracted by them or they may obscure what's behind them, espacially when it's raining. Even worse when they want to greet you and flash this mostrosity few meters ahead as they are passing by.

• Upvote 8

• 1 year later...

In my opinion, there should be a limit of how many additional lights you can have (roof/grill) so if you do have high beams on, they are not going to be completely blinding as seen by your picture. (is there really any need for 21 additional lights there should be a maximum of three) But I also would like the ability to be able to turn on and off my roof lights without having the need to stop.. 

What might be of interest the YouTuber, AP 101 has released a video showing the automatic lights option, which automatically changes your high beams when there is oncoming vehicles, then, when that vehicle has passed, the high beams will automatically turn on again. This is something which is clearly in development from SCS and again is a feature that will help a lot on TMP

4 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

In my opinion, there should be a limit of how many additional lights you can have (roof/grill) so if you do have high beams on, they are not going to be completely blinding as seen by your picture. (is there really any need for 21 additional lights there should be a maximum of three) But I also would like the ability to be able to turn on and off my roof lights without having the need to stop.. 

They won't set the limit, because they believe their players are all sensible. There used to be certain save editing rules that they got rid off, but nothing stops you from going nuts with lights and strobes now.

If someone protests and reports you, they will probably tell them to upgrade their hardware, who cares the game is absolutely not optimized for large number of players witth trucks covered by lights.

Those lights alone affect performance, if I can eliminate uneccessary sources of light which I absolutely don't need to see, give me that option, if possible. If not, than we can talk about rules.

The last bit will only be possible if SCS adds keybinds for those functions.

4 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

What might be of interest the YouTuber, AP 101 has released a video showing the automatic lights option, which automatically changes your high beams when there is oncoming vehicles, then, when that vehicle has passed, the high beams will automatically turn on again. This is something which is clearly in development from SCS and again is a feature that will help a lot on TMP

Provided it would work in TMP as reliably as EBS and adaptive CC, which I hear are now completely busted after latest game update.

Then TMP would have to force to enable the setting, which they are not very likely to do. 

What I wanted to hear form TMP is if this suggestion is technically feasible in the first place, but as you can see it's been almost year and a half without response.

• Like 1