Would you consider TruckersMP an MMO (Mass Multiplayer Online)?

Klush

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Yes not all MMO needs to be RPG based which everyone automatically assume AN MMO is when that's a whole different category.

TMP has a large Multiplayer online service, it might not be massive like Runescape, WOW etc but when does Large become massive?

But in short, yes. I'd class TMP as an MMO.

Yes yes. I consider TMP an MMO, because within the game it has several options for interactions, but of course, with its limitations!

Sometimes, when i play the Game,  i have the feeling that TruckersMP is more a kids ball pit at the shopping mall than an MMO! ?  ? 

Guest Aurris

At the time of writing, it has 4.6M users (If we exclude the alt accounts that number would probably be around 3.6M). I would consider that an MMO... BUT the thing is, outside of busy areas you'll be driving on empty roads. 

On 20/06/2022 at 13:57, Startled said:

Multijogador - ✅

Muitos jogadores - ✅

Está online - ✅

Como não é um MMO?

Hello. 

Yes and no!!!! You are correct that it is a multiplayer game and it is online, now there are many players depending on the area you are playing. Many players want to have the experience of playing on a battled road of players and leave the spirit to go through other sides and enjoy the game to the fullest. 

Well, I've played other MMO games, Tera, Guild Wars 2, currently I'm playing Diablo Immortal... I'd say that they all share something: Open world, lots of players in a same server, places where you find crowds and places where you are all by yourself, interaction with other players is possible but not required. So I can only think that TruckersMP is an MMO mod for ETS2, since it also has all of these features.

^^^^ I never mentioned GTA5 or AI traffic, I compared TMP with other MMO (real MMO, not like GTA5 online, which according to many people is anything but an MMO). You could compare TMP with an MMOFPS and say that in TMP no one has to kill others, so it's not an MMO. But the point here is pretty simple: Up to 4200 players in a same server is Massive, Multiplayer and Online. I don't know for sure about GTA 5 online, but from what I read, it's limited to 32 players in a lobby, how can anyone call that "Massive Multiplayer"?

Archived