something weird happened to me today...

_europeantrucks_

i was drivin on calaisroad with a b double container chassis which had a load of 26 tons. I drove the MAN tgx with 680 hp and then someone with his Scania told me I am slow. i always accelerate as fast as i can to 110kmh so wtf should i do more???

i just wonder why people with their Scania or saveedited trucks dont get that other trucks dont have such great engines, transmissions or "uphill" stats.

how is your opinion about this? did someone ever told you that youre slow even when you tried accelerating as fast as you can?

sorry for this cringe topic btw

Imagine what happens to people like me, who don't even try to accelerate fast or reach 110 Km/h but follow the speed limits. "Go faster", "rec ban for blocking", people honking, flashing their 2 dozen lights, yelling over the CB radio... I used to just ignore them and keep driving as if they weren't there. I know that I'm doing nothing wrong, so I have nothing to worry about, other than the likely chance of being rammed by one of those NFS-kids, but if this happens, it's them who should worry... And I don't even drive on that road since years ago, I decided that it's only a stressful waste of time (anywhere I can go using that road, I can go faster using the highways) and doing WoTr External jobs, an unnecessary risk of having the cargo so damaged that it's not worth it to finish the delivery.

But there will always be people who only use that road and only at full speed, with save-edited 8x4 750HP trucks and cargoes with the least possible weight, empty trailers or no trailer at all. They have what I call "NFS mentality", they can only understand a driving game if it's about driving as fast as possible and overtaking others.

Hi

It's normal for you to run slowly because you are pulling goods with a certain weight, while those who feel that you are running slowly may run faster because the goods they are pulling are lighter or they are not pulling. Of course, the vehicle may be one level higher than your vehicle.

Kind Regards!

GuYing_TMP

TruckersMP Driver

GuYing_TMP

TruckersMP   Player

GuYing_TMP's Forum  |  TruckersMP  |  GuYing_TMP

Hi, this happens a lot on this road. I will give you my opinion.

- you must drive the way you think is safe for you and your abilities and also each load has a different stability point. 

- ETS is a non-racing simulation game, although many players think otherwise. 

- racing on this road is punishable by TMP rules, although it is difficult to prove that the player is racing. 

Conclusion: you don't care what other players say, you should follow your journey at the speed you think is advisable for the road you are driving. If other players think you are driving slowly they can always overtake you. 

Good miles and drive in moderation. 

Hello.

It doesn't matter if you drive according to the signs, and you can completely ignore their urging.

Hello, I'm glad to answer your question! According to your description, at the same time, according to the game road speed limit regulation, it is 90km/1h, while when the speed limiter is released, it is 110km/1h. You just need to drive according to the speed limit on the navigation. As for their 110km/1h players, they can be regarded as speeding by 30%+, because many places have a speed limit of 90km/1h.

At the same time, please strictly abide by the relevant regulations of the game road, and please drive in a standardized way.

期待大家的支持和订阅,谢谢!

truckersmp-logo.png   1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

I'm one of these players who likes "simulation". That means I always follow the speed limits and always drive at 60km/h or 80km/h on C-D.

I let you imagine what happens behind me ?

Guess what I do... I just ignore them!

Like in the real world, if you are driving at the road speed limit or a little bit over and someone is horning behind you and flashing his lights because you're too slow to his taste. Are you gonna go full throttle to please him?! Of course not. Just do the same in the game ?

Mutual consideration is key in road traffic. But many of the players you find on the infamous road between Duisburg and Calais are impatient and inexperienced drivers, which can result in unsafe driving practices, including but not limited to inappropriate overtaking maneuvers, lack of situational awareness, shortfall of the minimum safety distance, and more.

In your particular situation, you aren't doing anything wrong by following the local speed limits. As a matter of fact, speed limits ensure safety for specific segments of the road under ideal conditions. Depending on the weather, visibility, road condition, cargo and your driving experience, your speed can be even lower than the local speed limit.

As @FernandoCR [ESP] and @Foobrother have already suggested, the best thing to do is to ignore players that bother you. In any case, I strongly advise to record your gameplay in case you need evidence for a report, especially when you often visit such hotspots.

Drive safely ! ?

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

As @FernandoCR [ESP] and @Foobrother have already suggested, the best thing to do is to ignore players that bother you. In any case, I strongly advise to record your gameplay in case you need evidence for a report, especially when you often visit such hotspot

Hello,

this is exactly how I proceed and how everyone who’s getting bothered should proceed.

Just ignore them, stick to your drive, and record it (just in case) 

Unfortunately, there will always be those “trolls” that think ETS2 is GTA5 or some other racing game.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived