Am I at fault?

RaccoonMan27

I wasn't recording, but basically something happened that I don't know whether it is a no fault collision, the other persons fault, or my fault. Basically, I was driving 80 KM/H on C-D. A double or triple trailer overtake me around the gas station and then went around the same exact speed as me. I couldn't really give enough distance because there was another player that looked like he was right on my tail and I didn't want him to rear end me. Anyways, the other guy just overtake me so I would not expect him to pull into the gas station but he did. He braked really hard to turn into the gas station when I was in the middle of writing a sentence about something that he did earlier down C-D, rear ended him and collided. Would this be considered no fault, my fault or his fault? I left the game immediately afterwards so I don't know if he was recording or not. There was about 15 seconds or so between the time he finished overtaking me and braking quite hard when I didn't expect it. Plus, not saying he is at fault, but I think the over-taker was dumb overtaking me 20 seconds before he could've pulled into the gas station without doing that, while having 2-3 trailers.

I wouldnt worry about that.

If it really happened the way you describe it, then it was the reckless driving from him, that caused this situation.

However, I recommend you, do not write in ingame chat at cd road while you drive. Sure its allowed to do that, but on this road you should pay your full attention on other drivers. 

Have a nice day.

Michi.

I'd say if you were on C-D then it's everyones fault. You shouldn't go down this road unless you're willing to be collided into. I avoid this road as my jobs are usually valuable and do not want damage. i know people that use secondary accounts that drive down C-D as it is just to much stress. To many trolls and overtaking aimlessly.

2 hours ago, RaccoonMan27 said:

There was about 15 seconds or so between the time he finished overtaking me and braking quite hard when I didn't expect it.

And you admit that you were writing something in the chat at that moment, 100% your fault. If the other player had completed the overtake without issues, it's your responsibility to keep a safe distance behind and be extra-vigilant so you will always be able to slow down in time or stop if necessary.

EDIT: And before anyone points it out, yes, I read that there was traffic behind and you didn't want to hit the brakes and be rear-ended, but think of it this way: To avoid being rear ended for braking, you rear ended someone who was braking ahead of your vehicle... It's always the driver behind who is at fault in these cases (unless the player ahead is brake-checking, slamming the brakes for no reason only to troll the player behind).

Sounds like it's almost 50/50 in this case. At the end of the day it's C-D, if you go that road you're either going to hit someone or be hit by someone. Like you said, you were typing which means your full attention wasn't on the road and one could argue you could have prevented this crash had you payed full attention. ?‍♂️

Well, I assume this was on the Simulation server?

If yes, basically pretty much the same rules as the real life (real road rules) apply. Which means, you need to always master your vehicle and keep a safe distance in front of you (same for the person behind you). If you rear end someone it's your responsibility (same for the person behind you). So technically it's your fault (especially if you admit texting went it happened).

That said, knowing it's on C-D, if you would apologize straightaway saying you were typing a message and didn't have the time to brake, I would expect most of the people would forgive you. Also, when you get rear-ended, most of the time you don't get much damage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived