trailer pull back

faby

Question

7 answers to this question

Trailers have their own handbrake which is operated manually irl, usually at the side of the trailer with a button behind the axles, this is automated in the game and there is no way you can control trailer brakes without it being connected to a truck.

I don't see why this should be a problem, unless you keep pushing the trailer back once it is connected, or you are not going as slow as you may think - 20km/h isn't slow in this case, you should creep even slower under the trailer, like 1-2 km/h.

My only advice is to reverse slowly until your truck is right next to the trailer and stop, make sure it is aligned correctly or you will hit the kingpin with back of the fifth wheel and may damage your truck and push the trailer. Don't try reversing under the trailer across the yard in one move. Then give it a tiny bit of gas and slide very, very slowly under the trailer and immediately hit handbrake and shift to neutral when the connection is succesful. If not, and you see that you are hitting something, immediately stop, move forward, realign the truck and try again.

If you are using keyboard only, controlling the throttle may be difficult, you can try tapping the throttle button, but if it's still difficult, disable advanced coupling in the game options.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, faby said:

I have seen on the buttons and buttons that there is a semi-trailer brake if I assign a button to it, it makes the trailer stop me while I approach it before hooking it up, so it solves the problem for me or is there anything else to do?

Nope, this is essentially another handbrake, which operates trailer air brakes only, controlled by pulling a lever under the steering wheel (in the US commonly known as trailer hand valve), normally only used for testing trailer brakes or truck and trailer coupling. Not every truck is equiped with it irl and I am afraid that without the trailer power and air lines being connected, it does nothing.

For purposes of the game, it is there for flavor mostly, it is like a hand brake, it's either on or off, no control of pressure, unlike standard service brakes which operates both truck and trailer air brakes at the same time. There is no need for it while driving at all, so there is no need to map a key for this function.

The only thing you can do is to be really patient and gentle with throttle and back up very slowly, like I said before, 2km/h should be your top speed when going under the trailer.

If you line up your truck with the trailer correctly, it just slides in without the trailer moving whatsoever.

Hello,

I am glad to hear that you got an answer to your question.

Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating a topic or a support ticket.

Kind Regards,

JJay

TruckersMP Support & Language Forum Moderator

// Locked & Moved to Solved

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |