Flashers drop FPS.

I think everyone knows about the strobes attached to the shutters in the Special Transport DLC. As you see in the photo, i don't find it appropriate to use strobes so exaggerated and i think it should be banned. Because; no matter how good your PC system is, it causes a huge FPS drop when you come across such a user (Example: My PC system is slightly above average. I usually play with 60 FPS "except in very crowded places" but when such a user comes across me, my FPS drops to 35-30 and this happens in the form of drops. I thought this problem might just be me and i talked to my friends and they said they have the same thing.) I don't think everyone plays this game with a nice computer like me and i want TMP authorities to take action on this issue. I hope you don't get me wrong but people who drive this type of truck should consider other people and modify their trucks. What are your thoughts on this subject? If i report players who use such exaggerated strobes will they be banned? 

spacer.png

Guest DBus_David.

hello

It's true that this kind of flash does seriously affect our FPS. I agree with your proposal, but I don't know if it will be banned because of too much flash.

Sincere regards

Death knight

Hi , well there are a lot of players who have plugged in and put in their truck as much as they can just for one reason , To see other leged players, to cause accidents between players and also to be able to report other players. I know of players who go to Calais with a flash date just to have fun.

I usually have the flash installed in my truck but when I get to roads with a lot of traffic I turn it off. 

Good km and be careful. 

I believe that if you deactivate the "Secondary Vehicle Lights" in Options - Graphics, the impact of these strobes, beacons, even the regular headlights is a lot lower, so you get more FPS. Haven't tried it myself (yet) but it's worth trying if you are finding those big FPS drops quite often.

There are other Graphics settings that can be "tweaked" to get more FPS, mainly:

Scaling (50% - 400%): More than 200% is overkill in my opinion, unless your monitor is a 50 inch one. Less than 100% will make the game look blurry unless your monitor is one of those with 2K/4K resolution.

SSAO (Disabled/Low/Medium/High): It may make the shadows look better, but it's an FPS eater. Try it in single player so you can change the time and weather to make it sunny and have shadows to compare how the image looks with each setting.

Mirror Quality/Resolution/Distance (Low/Medium/High/Ultra): 3 different settings that too many people could simply set as OFF since they don't use the mirrors... ? But on a serious note, maxing these up can also have a great hit on performance. Try Medium or Low, unless the mirrors become useless in these cases.

You can disable flashing lights and beacons in TruckersMP Tab settings, just press Tab while logged in, click gear icon and look in the graphics tab, unticking "additional lights" will completely disable strobes and beacons on other players vehicles, but you can still see your own.

Alternatively, you can use these console commands, although they do affect your own vehicle as well:

g_disable_beacons 0 - default setting

g_disable_beacons 1 - disables blinking lights, meaning they will not reflect on surrounding surfaces and will not flood interior of your truck

g_disable_beacons 2 - additional to above, freezes strobes and beacons flares in lit position

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I believe that if you deactivate the "Secondary Vehicle Lights" in Options - Graphics, the impact of these strobes, beacons, even the regular headlights is a lot lower, so you get more FPS. Haven't tried it myself (yet) but it's worth trying if you are finding those big FPS drops quite often.

As far as I know with this option disabled, beacons or strobes will not light up the road or any surrounding surfaces, similar to "g_disable_beacons 1" but additionaly it affects brake lights or turn signals on both AI and player's vehile, flares are unaffected.

I wanted to make a suggestion for a long time but always forget. How about, if you activate beacons, you will automatically activate speed limiter of 80km/h, would that solve something or would that cause another outrage? 

4 minutes ago, Granite said:

How about, if you activate beacons, you will automatically activate speed limiter of 80km/h, would that solve something or would that cause another outrage? 

It should be easier to suggest 90 instead of 80, since 90 Km/h limiters are already "embedded" into the game amd TruckersMP, but it would most certainly cause an outrage. People who take the game seriously and drive at sensible speeds don't fill their truck with extra lamps, beacons, strobes to have them ON at all times. It's usually the NFS "ricing" people who use "Christmas tree" trucks and drive AFAP (I just invented a new acronym... As Fast As Possible ?).

12 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It should be easier to suggest 90 instead of 80, since 90 Km/h limiters are already "embedded" into the game amd TruckersMP, but it would most certainly cause an outrage. People who take the game seriously and drive at sensible speeds don't fill their truck with extra lamps, beacons, strobes to have them ON at all times. It's usually the NFS "ricing" people who use "Christmas tree" trucks and drive AFAP (I just invented a new acronym... As Fast As Possible ?).

Yeah, I get it, just the idea based on real life, since TruckersMP strive for simulation, right? I would suggest 80km/h, because beacons are supposed to be used as warning of slow or otherwise dangerous vehicles - wide or long, and not to mimic "close encounters of the third kind" (a lame refference?), like is the norm on TMP, besides it would cause an even bigger outrage if it was accepted by some mirracle.

As a matter of fact, the only beacons I use are those that come on the back of some trailers, from the High Power or Heavy Cargo DLC. All of those trailers have a neat 80 sticker (High Power cargo ones used to be 70, even), sadly most people don't know what that sticker means (or they know but don't care). So I also get why the 80 Km/h limit would be a lot more realistic.

I have a lot of fps drops because of those flashes. There is also such a clause in the rules : 

§3 - Save Editing

Causing extreme lag or game crashes by save editing is not permitted. Extreme lag will not occur from duplicate parts unless the amount is truly excessive. If you save edit to create a very long trailer combination but cannot safely handle it, you are liable to be banned for reckless driving and/or blocking and it is recommended that you remove the particular modification(s). If the Game Moderation Management thinks that your modification is not fit for our servers or negatively impacts other people, you are liable to be banned until the modification has been removed.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

@!drkYVZ True, but that rule is about save-editing. With Tuning Pack DLC and the Special Transports DLC (for the strobe lights), you can set those "blinking grills" in a lot of trucks without even knowing what save-editing is. You can't ban someone that simply used what the game provides. The problem is that this game has had a lot of improvements, updates in the lighting system, etc. These make the game look a lot better, but at the expense of performance. The good thing is that there are also means to improve performance, but this time, at the expense of making the game look worse.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@!drkYVZ True, but that rule is about save-editing. With Tuning Pack DLC and the Special Transports DLC (for the strobe lights), you can set those "blinking grills" in a lot of trucks without even knowing what save-editing is. You can't ban someone that simply used what the game provides. The problem is that this game has had a lot of improvements, updates in the lighting system, etc. These make the game look a lot better, but at the expense of performance. The good thing is that there are also means to improve performance, but this time, at the expense of making the game look worse.

Even if you have a 3090 Ti on your computer, these strobes will reduce FPS, i mean this. Why would someone with a 3090 need to downgrade their graphics? 

What i want is to bring an FPS optimization for a better gaming experience for everyone, or ban "EXTRAGGED" strobes if necessary...

It's true that this kind of flash does seriously affect our FPS. I agree with your proposal, but I don't know if it will be banned because of too much flash.

§3 - Save Editing

Causing extreme lag or game crashes by save editing is not permitted. Extreme lag will not occur from duplicate parts unless the amount is truly excessive. If you save edit to create a very long trailer combination but cannot safely handle it, you are liable to be banned for reckless driving and/or blocking and it is recommended that you remove the particular modification(s). If the Game Moderation Management thinks that your modification is not fit for our servers or negatively impacts other people, you are liable to be banned until the modification has been removed.

Kind Regards

?TruckersMP -VTC Leader?

?Country : Taiwan??

Steam | TruckersMP | YouTube

Discord : CygNus#0724

6 hours ago, Aras. said:

Even if you have a 3090 Ti on your computer, these strobes will reduce FPS, i mean this. Why would someone with a 3090 need to downgrade their graphics? 

What i want is to bring an FPS optimization for a better gaming experience for everyone, or ban "EXTRAGGED" strobes if necessary...

"FPS optimization for a better game experience for everyone" is simply not possible. FPS optimization is achieved only locally, that's what the games' "Graphics Options" are there for, so each player can tweak them according to the machine they are using to play the game so they can have the best possible experience and of course, those settings will be different depending on the machine, the game and even specific game situations.

TMP starts banning the strobes, then someone else complains that they can't run the game smoothly in their laptop with integrated GPU when they find people with beacons on, so TMP has to forbid the use of beacons, then another one complains about their FPS because of other players' extra lamps in bullbar or rooftop bars so those extra lamps have to be forbidden... And so on... No way this is going to happen, I'm afraid, when all players have the means to improve their FPS even if it's by losing graphic quality. Remove strobes and you can have 3090 GPU users complaining because they can't see strobes. You simply can't have EVERYONE happy with GLOBAL game settings.

You can disable beacons in TruckersMP  from tab settings will completely disable beacons on other players vehicles.

Under 25 player you can use them don't get too much for ping but mostly people use all the time when they drive.

I have them on my truck's too but I only use them when accident happened or hauling heavy trailer transport at low speed warn to others.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived