Intention collisions a normal thing?

nomistaxi

So after several years, I'm back on ETS ? After 2 game sessions, I've come across several people intentionally crashing into me, last one even announced on voice chat "Collision incoming... 3... 2... 1...". And I'm just driving along, enjoying the views, following the rules of the road.

If this is normal, it's going to kill the game for me - so asking first. Is this a normal thing nowadays?

Cheers, S.

( "Intentional", not "intention".... ? )

I have done 2 jobs lately, more than 5000 Km overall, not one single incident. Saw some people driving recklessly, but they looked more like "full-speed-keyboard-steering" drivers than trolls. What you describe is clearly a troll, someone whose only goal when playing any MP games is to ruin other players' joy, knows that a ban will come sooner rather than later but doesn't give a ****. Nowadays, most people use gameplay recording software and sending a web report with video evidence of such trolls' misdeeds is a sure ban for them, but... Sadly, they will be ruining other players' game time until they are actually banned and these bans are only temporary in most cases.

Best thing you can do when you find one of these ******, stop your vehicle at a safe spot (not in the middle of the road, of course) ASAP, go into freecam mode (if you have it enabled) and hit F1 to put your game in Pause, so your vehicle will stay there but will be invulnerable. Then you can get video, from your "drone-view", for a later report and enjoy their useless efforts to ram or damage your truck. After a while they'll probably leave out of boredom, if they don't, just exit the game (I'd use Alt+F4 so there's no need to exit from Pause mode), launch SP or TMP but joining a different server, drive away from the area and then you can go back to your preferred server far from them.

Sorry to hear your experience, and I can say causing a collision intentionally is a BIG NO.

On our simulation servers, rule §2.2 - Collisions is enforced that they can resulted in punishment for attempting or actually causing a collision. The rule states as follows:

§2.2 - Collisions

Causing or attempting to cause a collision with another player intentionally or due to negligence.

It shouldn't be happening in the first place. Just because they used the voice chat to "announce in advance" won't justify their acts.

If you encounter something like this, record their driving with the perpetrator's player name that can be seen, file a web report and let us deal with it.

Or, you can also use our in-game reporting system by selecting that player (whether using your mouse to click, or select from the Tab menu), and then click the report button. 

More information can be found in this article: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/788 (for recording a video), https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/791 (for using the in-game reporting system)

Guest DBus_David.

hello:nomistaxi

Intentional collisions on servers are a serious problem in ETS2 and ATS Rule 2.2 - collisions (intentionally or negligently causing or attempting to collide with other players) are enforced they are likely to be penalized for intentional collisions

kind regards

Death knight

Hello welcome back. 

Of course not but lately ETS looks more like Mad Max ?.there are several reasons for this from my point of view, reduction of servers, the end of permanent ban in some situations and now when we wait for the update of promods the end of servers. 

But normally these players are on the Calais/Disburg road and now on the Austrian mountain road. The rest of the map will be able to run without problems. 

Good km and drive carefully. 

In my opinion, some people can accidentally crash, yes, I usually get a record. If I see a troll on the C-D path, I send a report directly from the website, but sometimes I don't record because when I report everyone, the game doesn't make any sense, it's a game, yes, we have to follow the rules, but sometimes people can crash unintentionally. We cannot see what some players are doing on the screen.

2 hours ago, Signore Luca said:

In my opinion, some people can accidentally crash, yes, I usually get a record. If I see a troll on the C-D path, I send a report directly from the website, but sometimes I don't record because when I report everyone, the game doesn't make any sense, it's a game, yes, we have to follow the rules, but sometimes people can crash unintentionally. We cannot see what some players are doing on the screen.

I agree that sometimes it isn't easy to decide if an incident was caused intentionally or inadvertently.

In this case however a violation of the rules was publicly announced beforehand, which makes it an easy decision.

It's definitely not a normal thing, unfortunately there are people who crash intentionally.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Definitely not of course. You can recorded these users in game and report them on the website or you can report it from the TAB menu for the game. They will be strictly prohibited from their actions

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived