1.44 Brought back the old CD intersection

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Should the old Intersection stay?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the old Intersection stay?

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Today the CD road semi-reverted to how it used to be and the Intersection returned and brought back a lot of nostalgia memories. Do you think that it should stay instead of just being a motorway? 

At the same time, lights were missing from Duisburg and the timings are off at Calais but I'm for those to be fixed but please let us have our old intersection back? ? 

What are all your thoughts? ?

Stay safe out there ?

If you read the TMP update notes, you will find out all the C-D road map edits and TruckersMP HQ have been temporarily removed because they caused game crashes, they will need more time to update these for 1.44 and everything will be back as before eventually.

Honestly, I don't even care, there is now Austria getting a lot of attention from players, and once SCS focuses on rebuilding Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg, this road will be gone for good.

Although the old intersection has many good memories, in a sense, it increases the risk of competition, while the new overpass is just the opposite. I think this is a question worth thinking about :thinking:

I voted yes but I have to say, that people dont realise, that the trucks that coming from the highway, have the right of way when entering cd road. Yesterday I waited like 2 minutes to drive, even I had the right of way. So I think for traffic, the new one is a better solution. But for nostalgia, I prefer the old one?

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
8 hours ago, Michi. said:

I voted yes but I have to say, that people dont realise, that the trucks that coming from the highway, have the right of way when entering cd road. Yesterday I waited like 2 minutes to drive, even I had the right of way. So I think for traffic, the new one is a better solution. But for nostalgia, I prefer the old one?

Yep that's why I like it, people were kinda forced to understand what "Give way" is and with the newer layout it's not really required unless someone merges onto the CD road. A lot of happy memories and I'm glad to even have it for a few days again ?

1 hour ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

people were kinda forced to understand what "Give way"

LOL no, in the old layout of the overpass near Brussel, traffic entering C-D road has priority, if anything needed to be focred it was your right of way and usually get T-boned doig that because almost everybody just ignored and still ignores road signage. This exact ancient prefab is also located near TruckersMP HQ where it proved just as problematic when the traffic there used to be extreme.

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
2 minutes ago, Granite said:

in the old layout of the overpass near Brussel, traffic entering C-D road has priority, if anything needed to be focred it was your right of way and usually get T-boned doig that because almost everybody just ignored and still ignores road signage. 

Yes and people who didn't give way was kicked or people who rammed their way through it all got banned as the staff used to sit up the top watching it.

People eventually started giving way but from what I've seen with the current temporary roll back is people don't turn off or enter the Intersection so there really hasn't been any major incidents or the need to give way. If it was to stay then yes it would go back to the glorious fun days ? but I know it'll get fixed and changed back to the 1.43 version soon but we can only dream of having what we had and enjoyed for many years. Nostalgia is a strong feeling to have lol

I still like the new overpass, the old one will really be more congested,

Kind regards,

Tonyyy

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Well a nice question. 

If everyone followed the rules it was even funny and it went back to old times, but the intersection was created because of the problems it caused and also because of the players not following the rules.

For this reason, the intersection will probably return to how it was, out of pity for many and also because of many. 

Good km and follow the rules. 

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Thank you everyone for your responses ? It was great to have the old intersection back for a few days and I do miss it already. I guess there wasn't much traffic to backup the old ways of huge congestion due to the rework of Austria 1.44 (And majority are over there instead of on the CD) but it was fun while it lasted ? I had my nostalgia hit ?

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived