Have I missed the peak?

I used to play in 2018 and when I joined I used to have to wait in a queue, now there are only a few hundred players on at any one time. Has the mod peaked? 

SCS launched the Convoys mode that players can use to host a session for up to 8 players, with synchronized NPC traffic and weather, support for all kinds of mods and more features that TruckersMP doesn't have, this took a great bite to the player base. Besides, the games were recently updated to version 1.44 and TruckersMP hasn't updated the mod yet to support this version, so only players who downgrade their games can play currently.

EDIT: You can see it in the stats page, I centered the moment when 1.41 (with Convoys) were released:

05.15.2022-19.06.13

I used to play between 2016-2019 (still do occasionally) when the player base was still very big and traffic was everywhere on the map. Now it feels the traffic centers around the C-D road with occasional jams you may come across. Someone may disagree but I feel this is how things really are going now.

Maybe the buses will bring more people in, but nobody knows what's gonna happen.

55 minutes ago, twix bar said:

I used to play between 2016-2019 (still do occasionally) when the player base was still very big and traffic was everywhere on the map. Now it feels the traffic centers around the C-D road with occasional jams you may come across. Someone may disagree but I feel this is how things really are going now.

Maybe the buses will bring more people in, but nobody knows what's gonna happen.

Yeah i agree the game stopped growing after 2019 and i doubt the buses will do any difference.

15 hours ago, Doñ Cheeki said:

There is also a way to have a lobby with over 100+ Players at once in the Convoy  of SCS, so yeah. Most of them are using that method since they can use any kind of tuning mods and such stuff.

I know, i've been in one although it had around 25 players. Good experience. I can't wait for SCS to support it officially to be honest. That would probably mean the end of TMP for me unless they add the casual server i suggested a while ago or bring traffic. I have no high expectations for either but one can only hope. 

Hello, over time TMP has evolved we have already had a huge peak of players when we had all confirmed because of COVID, at this moment people gradually returned to their normal life. And this is reflected in the number of players, we also have a new platform from MP to SCS that has also withdrawn some players. But TMP is working hard to bring new stuff for example the bus mod. being a TMP player, I will not abandon where I learned to play ETS, where I was banned, where I learned to manage a great player event. TMP can count on me. 

Games that have been going for along time always dip off. But this is a game that is universal to all ages, and locations in the world. I think we will always have the seasoned vets, and newbies! I mean what kid doesn't like trucks??? It's just keeping the interest of the next generations. Even I was a kid when I started playing, now I am an adult! Just all depends, but I think SCS, and TMP will be just fine. Specially with summer you'll see a higher number count with school being out universally. 

10 hours ago, Tundra_Gaming said:

Games that have been going for along time always dip off. But this is a game that is universal to all ages, and locations in the world. I think we will always have the seasoned vets, and newbies! I mean what kid doesn't like trucks??? It's just keeping the interest of the next generations. Even I was a kid when I started playing, now I am an adult! Just all depends, but I think SCS, and TMP will be just fine. Specially with summer you'll see a higher number count with school being out universally. 

That's not really accurate though. ETS2 is doing fine, only TMP is dipping. And honestly it's not really shocking, because in the name of Simulation every bit of fun is removed out of the game. Look at Kirkenes and how they forbid to drive a double-trailer. In the end of the day, if the game is not fun people won't play it and the game feels too streamlined nowadays.

On 5/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

And honestly it's not really shocking, because in the name of Simulation every bit of fun is removed out of the game.

Naturally, this doesn't necessarily apply to players who enjoy the simulation aspect of it...

Restrictions are not made thpoughtless, but are based on monitoring a situation over time and determine the cause of a problem. If e.g. predominantly the usage of a double-trailer causes problems at Kirkenes it is a logic consequence to prohibit it in that area.

These decisions are made with the goal of a better game experience for all players in mind.

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Naturally, this doesn't necessarily apply to players who enjoy the simulation aspect of it...

Restrictions are not made thpoughtless, but are based on monitoring a situation over time and determine the cause of a problem. If e.g. predominantly the usage of a double-trailer causes problems at Kirkenes it is a logic consequence to prohibit it in that area.

These decisions are made with the goal of a better game experience for all players in mind.

Should we discuss again, how did that work for the playerbase lately? 

EDIT: If i wanted to drive on a streamlined and monitored environment, singleplayer would be a much better experience. Perhaps that double-trailer that blocks the path because the driver miscalculated the turning point is the reason multiplayer is more enjoyable and the reason i was driving at Kirkenes in the first place (Or a reason for some other player who doesn't like that to completely avoid that area)

Yes, I remember having to wait in line to get into the server before. The limit on weekend servers is now just over 2,500. Most players will go to SCS's online mode, so I expect the arrival of the bus will bring some new players.

Kind regards,

Tonyyy

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

23 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Should we discuss again, how did that work for the playerbase lately?

I don´t mind having a discussion, but I think everything has been said already.

23 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

EDIT: If i wanted to drive on a streamlined and monitored environment, singleplayer would be a much better experience. Perhaps that double-trailer that blocks the path because the driver miscalculated the turning point is the reason multiplayer is more enjoyable and the reason i was driving at Kirkenes in the first place (Or a reason for some other player who doesn't like that to completely avoid that area)

To my knowledge, the TruckersMP multiplayer is monitored by game moderators. But I haven´t logged for some time and it is possible that I missed some significant changes.

You are perfectly entitled to enjoy unexpected events on the road. They can actually make the experience even more realistic. That is why I wouldn´t want to have them all forbidden. However, in some cases and areas, certain restrictions are necessary, even if not everybody is happy about it. This also is part of a community and multiplayer.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:06 PM, blabberbeak said:

You are perfectly entitled to enjoy unexpected events on the road. They can actually make the experience even more realistic. That is why I wouldn´t want to have them all forbidden. However, in some cases and areas, certain restrictions are necessary, even if not everybody is happy about it. This also is part of a community and multiplayer.

The thing i'm questioning is that these kind of decisions lead to a less enjoyable game which in turn leads to less people playing the game. I understand why they take such decisions. I understand that they want to decongest certain areas and reduce admin moderation. All that is good, but someone has to start asking questions whether it's the right direction given the fact that the playerbase is declining and is not very forgiving anymore when there are other multiplayer options on the table.

Properly due to the SCS Convoy mode updated from ETS2 1.41 (now supports mods), the number of players has decreased since 2018 till present, TMP havent done something extraordinary except some big event so the gameplay seem repeated over and over again. Recently, we have Austria rework and the number of online players significantly increase. It shows that players are curious about new changes in their gameplay, rather than play something repeatedly.

1 hour ago, [MCG] MemeBundy [VN] said:

Properly due to the SCS Convoy mode updated from ETS2 1.41 (now supports mods), the number of players has decreased since 2018 till present, TMP havent done something extraordinary except some big event so the gameplay seem repeated over and over again. Recently, we have Austria rework and the number of online players significantly increase. It shows that players are curious about new changes in their gameplay, rather than play something repeatedly.

If that was the case, TMP would never become successful in the first place. Yes, changes in the gameplay do attract a few people back but that's circumstancial and it only lasts for so long. Content wise TMP was in a way worse state back in 2018 yet it had more players than today.

On 5/23/2022 at 10:47 AM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

The thing i'm questioning is that these kind of decisions lead to a less enjoyable game which in turn leads to less people playing the game. I understand why they take such decisions. I understand that they want to decongest certain areas and reduce admin moderation. All that is good, but someone has to start asking questions whether it's the right direction given the fact that the playerbase is declining and is not very forgiving anymore when there are other multiplayer options on the table.

I've made up my mind several months ago and decided to leave multiplayer, because of the unevenly distributed number of players on the map.

I didn't enjoy driving on a mostly deserted map and turned back to singleplayer. At that time, there were still plenty of players online, but unfortunately in certain areas only.

However, I would return in an instant if TruckersMP introduced AI traffic to cover the deserted areas of the map. BUt I'm not sure if that is possible and when this would happen.

I guess everyone has to consider the pros and cons and make a decision based on the result.
Also, we should make frequent use of the possibility to suggest game features and the like.

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I've made up my mind several months ago and decided to leave multiplayer, because of the unevenly distributed number of players on the map.

I didn't enjoy driving on a mostly deserted map and turned back to singleplayer. At that time, there were still plenty of players online, but unfortunately in certain areas only.

I respect that. For me TMP is game that you will (mostly) enjoy, if you enjoy driving on the C-D Road or any other congested map area. Like you said, the lack of AI traffic & players make it unsuitable to drive in most places of the map. So i do agree that if you don't like to drive on the congested areas, there's no reason to play TMP, especially now with Convoy Mode being available.

However, I would return in an instant if TruckersMP introduced AI traffic to cover the deserted areas of the map. BUt I'm not sure if that is possible and when this would happen.

Well It is possible, just very hard to make right and i don't know how viable it is based on server costs. And if it does happen, that would make TMP clearly superior to Convoy and would probably draw a lot of players back into the game. But i honestly don't hope for such a feature when rain-sync is still missing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive sub-forum.
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me. 

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Game Moderator + Community Moderator

// Locked & Moved to Archive

LanguagesTR / EN

-> Rules | Feedback | Report System | Ban Appeal <-

image.png

Archived