I have no sound in game

Dawidp9901

Question

Hi people, I've recently got a issue with my ETS 2 where no sound is playing through the game, I've tried alot of solutions I've found online verifying game files , updating motherboard bios , sound drivers , reinstalling ETS 2 , removing all mods/dlcs and simply changing my default output device on windows all of those "fixes" have worked for others but none have worked for me and I'm now stumped with no fixes online working. I've tried also deleting my config file and let the game regenerate the file and it didn't work. I converted the config file to a txt file so I can upload it here maybe it'll help

config.txt

10 answers to this question

Hey @I_AM_A_PRO,

Check your audio levels in the game settings and the TuckersMP settings and make sure you have been selecting the correct audio device.
Still not working? Try to update your audio driver, reinstalling your game and TruckersMP launcher.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Nope, I've tried reinstalling truckersmp and ets 2 and my volume on ets 2 is all the way up on ever single audio setting ive tried updating my audio drivers on my mother board itself and on the audio device i also tried switching to differant outputs but still nothing the only thing i see that is weird is that in the config file the s_output_driver "" setting is empty and i ashume it should have something there but regenerating the config file hasnt worked either so im lost.

Just checked with a friend and his config file also has s_output_driver "" with nothing in there and his sound works so thats not it.

I did a little research on the internet and there is already a post on the scs forum where several people are complaining about no sounds after 1.43.3.40s update. I think it might be a bug due to some driver incompatibility or scs bug and you should wait for the update, but maybe i'm wrong.

The post: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=309041&start=10

There is information on the possible solution to the problem on the second page of this post, so feel free to try it out.

In addition, you can check in the game log that you do not have the following lines:

<ERROR> [fmod] (51) Error initializing output device.
<ERROR> [sound] Failed to initialize 'fmod studio system'.
<ERROR> [sound] Initialization of the sound system failed!
<ERROR> [sound] Failed to initialize internal sound system.

Regards,

Player Not Found

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Kind regards,

Lucas_xiaoZheng

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Inactive