If you wanted an innovation to come to TruckersMP, what would it be?

!drkYVZ

6 hours ago, Xiolin said:

And why do people want collisions, and high speed? To ram.

If you actually wanted the no-limit, without causing collisions, you would be over on the no limit server and not even notice NCZ was enabled since if you are driving safely, you wouldn't be anywhere close to a person to be able to collide with them... So please, do not give me that excuse. Please also don't yell out "BUT MY IMMERSION" because a truck speeding down the road at 180kph is also immersion breaking...

This is a childish logic. By your logic, why do we need collisions in the simulation server either? We may as well remove them as in a simulation environment since we're driving safely, we wouldn't notice NCZ anyway.

Plus Immersion is a personal preference, and i simply pointed out why people keep choosing the Sim Server over Arcade. And it's not because that 'people would rather play with the limiter on, and only a select few really want it off'. If you've been here long enough, you'd know that a Sim Server existed before the RTS (Road to Simulation) with a speed limit known as #EU1 and it was always empty because shockingly most people preferred driving at higher speeds. 

It's also one of the reasons the TMP community has stopped growing the past years even though ETS2 has kept expanding and is quite successful (more than it was 3-4 years ago) based on the steam charts

2 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

This is a childish logic. By your logic, why do we need collisions in the simulation server either? We may as well remove them as in a simulation environment since we're driving safely, we wouldn't notice NCZ anyway.

Plus Immersion is a personal preference, and i simply pointed out why people keep choosing the Sim Server over Arcade. And it's not because that 'people would rather play with the limiter on, and only a select few really want it off'. If you've been here long enough, you'd know that a Sim Server existed before the RTS (Road to Simulation) with a speed limit known as #EU1 and it was always empty because shockingly most people preferred driving at higher speeds. 

It's also one of the reasons the TMP community has stopped growing the past years even though ETS2 has kept expanding and is quite successful (more than it was 3-4 years ago) based on the steam charts

Thank you for your thoughts! Have a nice day!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I'm the childish one? You're the one that doesn't like that we can't go over 110 kph on a SIMULATION game (which in real life limits it to 90kph, so be glad you get to go 20kph over), and will probably keep complaining since it will stay in place.. No limit wrecked havoc, especially when it came to people using WOT loads and were limited to 90kph. It's here to stay, like it or not.

Give me one good practical reason (other then getting to point a to point b faster, which isn't a good reason), that the speedlimiter should be removed? I'll wait.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

47 minutes ago, Xiolin said:

I'm the childish one? You're the one that doesn't like that we can't go over 110 kph on a SIMULATION game (which in real life limits it to 90kph, so be glad you get to go 20kph over), and will probably keep complaining since it will stay in place.. No limit wrecked havoc, especially when it came to people using WOT loads and were limited to 90kph. It's here to stay, like it or not.

Give me one good practical reason (other then getting to point a to point b faster, which isn't a good reason), that the speedlimiter should be removed? I'll wait.

I've had this discussion plenty of times and i will reply to you the same thing that i've said over and over again. There is only one reason to lift the speed limit, the most practical of all and that is to attract a bunch of players back in the servers.

TMP is an MMO-mod first and foremost and if it wants to remain so, it needs to start thinking of a strategy to increase its playerbase. Because TMP needs thousands of users to compensate for the lack of AI traffic (Which is technically very hard to implement). So It can't and won't exist without a solid playerbase. 

Otherwise, as it's proven with so many other MMO-Communities before it, a declining playerbase is always followed by a server shutdown. Servers are already struggling to fill up and as Convoy mode gets more & more features, TMP will become more & more irrelevant. The input of players can't compensate the output anymore.  

You see, in the past, anyone who was looking for multiplayer in ETS2 was directed to TMP. Nowadays the new players will never hear about this community because Convoy mode is in the vanilla game and they don't need to look any further. And Convoy will only become better. 

So if you ask me, TMP had it easy in the past and was surviving by monopolizing the multiplayer on ETS2. But facing the grim reality is understanding that you can't have a niche and simulation-oriented community in a massive multiplayer game. 

This advantage of having a larger audience massively outweighs any argument regarding simulation driving because there's no mod if there are no players. Otherwise, the best course for TMP is to create its own Community Servers in Convoy Mode if & when SCS make them available.

15 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I've had this discussion plenty of times and i will reply to you the same thing that i've said over and over again. There is only one reason to lift the speed limit, the most practical of all and that is to attract a bunch of players back in the servers.

TMP is an MMO-mod first and foremost and if it wants to remain so, it needs to start thinking of a strategy to increase its playerbase. Because TMP needs thousands of users to compensate for the lack of AI traffic (Which is technically very hard to implement). So It can't and won't exist without a solid playerbase. 

Otherwise, as it's proven with so many other MMO-Communities before it, a declining playerbase is always followed by a server shutdown. Servers are already struggling to fill up and as Convoy mode gets more & more features, TMP will become more & more irrelevant. The input of players can't compensate the output anymore.  

You see, in the past, anyone who was looking for multiplayer in ETS2 was directed to TMP. Nowadays the new players will never hear about this community because Convoy mode is in the vanilla game and they don't need to look any further. And Convoy will only become better. 

So if you ask me, TMP had it easy in the past and was surviving by monopolizing the multiplayer on ETS2. But facing the grim reality is understanding that you can't have a niche and simulation-oriented community in a massive multiplayer game. 

This advantage of having a larger audience massively outweighs any argument regarding simulation driving because there's no mod if there are no players. Otherwise, the best course for TMP is to create its own Community Servers in Convoy Mode if & when SCS make them available.

Lifting the limiter isn't going to do what you think it will, and it was already well known with, or without limiter, that Convoy would take from the player base. That was expected. Adding the limiter has lowered high speed crashes, lowered the amount of people losing control because they think they can take a turn at 150+kph, and lowered report count due to the lowered amount of crashes.

If you want to go fast, go play a racing game. This ain't it.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

3 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

you'd know that a Sim Server existed before the RTS (Road to Simulation) with a speed limit known as #EU1 and it was always empty because shockingly most people preferred driving at higher speeds. 

Not true. It was almost empty most of the time because same as now, people want to play where they can see a lot of other players. When you have a server with 4000 player slots and another one with 2000, the one with 4000 players will always be more attractive for everyone, simply because it can host twice as many players as the other. If you've been here long enough, you'll remember that EU#2 only started to "beat" EU#1 when it was "upgraded" to have a larger player capacity than the latter. But there was a long time with both servers and EU#1 having the most players while EU#2 had only a few.

If it were true that "most people preferred driving at high speeds", why are not those most people in the arcade server now? (I know, its just a rhetorical question and I know, it's been answered dozens of times... Because they want speed only as long as they can crash other players).

2 hours ago, Xiolin said:

Lifting the limiter isn't going to do what you think it will, and it was already well known with, or without limiter, that Convoy would take from the player base. That was expected. Adding the limiter has lowered high speed crashes, lowered the amount of people losing control because they think they can take a turn at 150+kph, and lowered report count due to the lowered amount of crashes.

If you want to go fast, go play a racing game. This ain't it.

Yeah, -food for thought here- for a mod that claims to have 4 million players, this early version of the Convoy mode shouldn't have absorbed so many players so fast from a community with an 8 year long background, especially when we're talking for two different multiplayer versions, unless there are reasons for people to be unhappy with said community. But you can stick with the 'because i said so' reasoning you have there.

And while I'm arguing for the survival of the mod, you somehow comprehend this in your head that i want to play a racing game. You asked for a reason and i gave you the most important one. If you've seen my recommendations on the original post, you'd have known that i'm widely against reckless driving. And this exact attitude & narrow-mindedness is the reason that a large chunk of players stepped away from the mod, and it wouldn't surprise me anymore if it would eventually lead to its death. If the current numbers don't seem like red flags to you, i certainly hope they do to the actual administration of the mod.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Not true. It was almost empty most of the time because same as now, people want to play where they can see a lot of other players. When you have a server with 4000 player slots and another one with 2000, the one with 4000 players will always be more attractive for everyone, simply because it can host twice as many players as the other. If you've been here long enough, you'll remember that EU#2 only started to "beat" EU#1 when it was "upgraded" to have a larger player capacity than the latter. But there was a long time with both servers and EU#1 having the most players while EU#2 had only a few.

If it were true that "most people preferred driving at high speeds", why are not those most people in the arcade server now? (I know, its just a rhetorical question and I know, it's been answered dozens of times... Because they want speed only as long as they can crash other players).

I'm guessing there was some reasoning behind TMP's administration back then to have this server with more space. And furthermore, the more attractive server settings will be the one with more players, not the one with more player space. If people have chosen the Simulation one or if people have massively complained, i'm pretty certain that TMP would have switched the capacities. 

EDIT: And i'm actually correct cause If you look at the stats, both servers probably started with the same space as Simulation 1 (in stats) which was #EU2 had 2300 space on TMP's release, and grew only based on needs. And as it seems again from the stats, #EU2 was full on a daily basis, which only makes more sense why he got the capacity extension and not #EU1.

And regarding the arcade server, I pointed the issue a few posts above. Because of the global NCZ. Put that in the Simulation Servers too and if the players drop to 100, tell them that it's their fault and if they were driving safely, they wouldn't be anywhere close to a person to be able to collide with them. That's not my words, that's @Xiolin's exact reasoning on why people don't like the global NCZ in the arcade and the same post you upvoted. If you don't understand why people need collisions, you shouldn't be playing a multiplayer game, let alone managing one.

The reasoning was that every single day there would be people like you in the forums, whining because they wanted a server without speed limits. Then they wanted that server to be bigger because most players went to the biggest EU#1, then they wanted the non-speed limits server to be named #1 because still people would join EU#1 a lot more, even with the speed limits, finally people switched to the bigger (by then) EU#2 server and from that moment on, people just joined the server with more players.

It was not so much of reasoning, it was giving up to the constant whining of the GTA-fanbase. Or maybe back then the staff were more about GTA-like servers, until they saw the obvious problem that came with that... Moderation became a nightmare. That's why EU#2 was changed, first to 150 Km/h limit instead of non-limits, later, with RtS, into non-limits again, but non collisions.

Speaking about statistics, which ones? I speak from memory, because I was there (and my memory has always been considered very good by those who know me). If we look at the Stats page, there is not EU#1 or EU#2 anymore, there's Simulation, Arcade and all other servers that were opened later. And these 2 firstly opened servers have been switched between them in the past, if my memory doesn't fail, so those stats are not accurate enough to judge.

Now, following your own reasoning, the more attractive server settings have to be those in Simulation with the 110 Km/h speed limit, since it is the one with most players... If this is reasonable enough, why should they be changed?

About the arcade server, the issue is the same as always. And yes, you pointed it out correctly, same as I pointed out correctly why it can't be changed to collisions enabled: Because those who, like you, want to drive at insane speeds, only want it when they have the option to crash other players. If they can't do that, they lose interest in speeding, it would seem. I can understand why people playing a driving game need collisions, what I can't understand is why people playing a truck SIMULATOR need to drive at 150 Km/h or faster. There are lots of racing games, people who want to drive fast should play those. I wouldn't play a game and complain because people do what they are supposed to do in that game. Or speaking about a multiplayer mod, I wouldn't complain because the mod's managers have decided how it has to be played. If I don't like a game/mod, I don't play it, but I don't complain.

EDIT: I had stopped playing TMP when EU#1 and EU#2 were the only options, because EU#1 was too empty and EU#2 was unusable for me, couldn't finish a job without being rammed several times by the GTA-fans driving at full speed. Only returned when Road to Simulation happened. And I don't manage and have never managed a multiplayer game. But not for lack of understanding. Just for the record.

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The reasoning was that every single day there would be people like you in the forums, whining because they wanted a server without speed limits. Then they wanted that server to be bigger because most players went to the biggest EU#1, then they wanted the non-speed limits server to be named #1 because still people would join EU#1 a lot more, even with the speed limits, finally people switched to the bigger (by then) EU#2 server and from that moment on, people just joined the server with more players.

It was not so much of reasoning, it was giving up to the constant whining of the GTA-fanbase. Or maybe back then the staff were more about GTA-like servers, until they saw the obvious problem that came with that... Moderation became a nightmare. That's why EU#2 was changed, first to 150 Km/h limit instead of non-limits, later, with RtS, into non-limits again, but non collisions.

Speaking about statistics, which ones? I speak from memory, because I was there (and my memory has always been considered very good by those who know me). If we look at the Stats page, there is not EU#1 or EU#2 anymore, there's Simulation, Arcade and all other servers that were opened later. And these 2 firstly opened servers have been switched between them in the past, if my memory doesn't fail, so those stats are not accurate enough to judge.

So what you're saying is that they initially started with the plan of the main server to be the Simulation one, but eventually realised that people migrated to the other more popular server settings. Shocking i must admit. That also makes your initial logic of capacities false then because people decided which server will be the most popular and as a result which server got the extra capacity later on.

Also, the servers are only renamed but they're still the same servers. Simulation 1 which currently exists in the stats is #EU2, and Simulation 2 which used to exist in the past was #EU1. The stats don't change, only the server names do. Simulation 1 for a period of 2 years 2017-2019 was always capped at 4200 players, a capacity which never existed on #EU1.

But let's say that you don't believe me. Then join the web archives from 2016: http://web.archive.org/web/20161022172752/https://stats.truckersmp.com/ . You can still see the stats of #EU1 and how poorly it competed with #EU2. Also, both Servers have the same capacity but Europe 2 was full on a daily basis while #EU1 was always struggling.

Furthermore, as far as i recall from back then, the people whining and complaining were those who wanted a speed limit enforced, not the other way around.

Now, following your own reasoning, the more attractive server settings have to be those in Simulation with the 110 Km/h speed limit, since it is the one with most players... If this is reasonable enough, why should they be changed?

That's exactly my reasoning. As we speak, the arcade server has unattractive settings due to the global NCZ which is also why it cannot compete with the Simulation. And i gave the most important reason that it should be changed, a reason which seems that anyone who disagrees with the speed limit always conveniently overlooks. The playerbase, which is the biggest factor on whether you or me or anyone in here are going to continue playing this mod in a few years or not.

And you can come up with many excuses to why TMP has lost its friction, but the truth is that all successful games have managed to stayed relevant no matter how much time passed. And another hard truth is that ETS2 is not dying at all, quite the opposite it's a very popular game so there's no excuse for the mod to have this massive drop in playerbase. That's a clear sign of poor management. Games who do not adapt end up being forgotten.

ETS2 has a mature fanbase but it is the minority compared to all the kids who play the game. And the current rules of TMP & server settings by extension don't help absorb those players. These are players who can mature by playing the game and eventually assimilate to the simulation-oriented fanbase. So if this lack of input of players is not addressed, TMP's future as an MMO is uncertain. I will keep saying it and you can keep denying. A few years back, i kept mentioning how when another multiplayer surfaces, TMP's playerbase will suffer because there's no actual commitment from the players to the TMP Community due to how several issues have been handled. Convoy mode was just proof that all these people jumped ship the moment they had a multiplayer alternative and never looked back.

About the arcade server, the issue is the same as always. And yes, you pointed it out correctly, same as I pointed out correctly why it can't be changed to collisions enabled: Because those who, like you, want to drive at insane speeds, only want it when they have the option to crash other players. If they can't do that, they lose interest in speeding, it would seem. I can understand why people playing a driving game need collisions, what I can't understand is why people playing a truck SIMULATOR need to drive at 150 Km/h or faster. There are lots of racing games, people who want to drive fast should play those. I wouldn't play a game and complain because people do what they are supposed to do in that game. Or speaking about a multiplayer mod, I wouldn't complain because the mod's managers have decided how it has to be played. If I don't like a game/mod, I don't play it, but I don't complain.

EDIT: I had stopped playing TMP when EU#1 and EU#2 were the only options, because EU#1 was too empty and EU#2 was unusable for me, couldn't finish a job without being rammed several times by the GTA-fans driving at full speed. Only returned when Road to Simulation happened. And I don't manage and have never managed a multiplayer game. But not for lack of understanding. Just for the record.

You need to understand that this argument is naive. If i wanted to crash to another player, nothing stops me from doing it on the Simulation server as well. Since Eurotruck SIMULATOR ALLOWS for higher speeds than 90 km/h and the physics also allow, i want to be able to drive faster whenever i'm on the highway and i have a large straight ahead of me. I'm not hacking when going with 130 km/h. The game allows so and i enjoy doing so opposing to you. I also think that driving 90 km/h in an empty highway is boring, but i don't dictate how you should play the game. Especially on TMP, where there's no traffic at all and for the most part all roads are in fact empty. That doesn't mean that i want to always drive at insane speeds and crash into others with 150 km/h.

And based on your comment about not playing on #EU1 because it was too empty, have you ever thought that there might come a time when the game population is too low to even consider playing on the TMP servers. That's exactly where we're heading right now. Another large update on Convoy mode which might bring 32/64 player rooms & Community Servers and TMP will suffer even more and i'm rather uncertain whether it will be able to recover then.

EDIT: The mention for managing a game was for @Xiolin since he's a retired team member.

Furthermore, as far as i recall from back then, the people whining and complaining were those who wanted a speed limit enforced, not the other way around.

So, there was ONE server with a speed limit and the people whining and complaining were those who wanted a speed limit? 100% logic. NOT.

And you can come up with many excuses to why TMP has lost its friction, but the truth is that all successful games have managed to stayed relevant no matter how much time passed. And another hard truth is that ETS2 is not dying at all, quite the opposite it's a very popular game so there's no excuse for the mod to have this massive drop in playerbase. That's a clear sign of poor management. Games who do not adapt end up being forgotten.

Sure. But TMP is NOT a game, it's a multiplayer mod for a game that didn't have multiplayer and surprise! Now it does have a multiplayer option. Where people can drive with mods, with their friends, at 150 Km/h or faster, ram everything on their way if they want and not be banned. Ideal for those who complain so much about TMP's speed limit or non-collisions arcade. To compete with that, TMP would need to provide the same features. Tell me how you would make it possible to have weather, NPC traffic and any mods "in the market" supported and synchronized in a 4000+ players server. TMP is doing whatever they can to improve the mod in ways that can be supported with the current hardware and resources, but there's no way, apparently, to provide those features, so it can NEVER compete with what Convoy mode offers. Maybe you think that better management would be able to? You can always suggest what methods would work... But for everything, not just "remove speed limits". Because without speed limits, there would still be no support for "any mods you want to use", "synchronized NPC traffic" or "only the rules that each player wants to follow". Removing the speed limits wouldn't work to stop people from using Convoy, all it would achieve is to bring back the chaos that we all know from before Road to Simulation.

You need to understand that this argument is naive. If i wanted to crash to another player, nothing stops me from doing it on the Simulation server as well. Since Eurotruck SIMULATOR ALLOWS for higher speeds than 90 km/h and the physics also allow, i want to be able to drive faster whenever i'm on the highway and i have a large straight ahead of me. I'm not hacking when going with 130 km/h. The game allows so and i enjoy doing so opposing to you. I also think that driving 90 km/h in an empty highway is boring, but i don't dictate how you should play the game. Especially on TMP, where there's no traffic at all and for the most part all roads are in fact empty. That doesn't mean that i want to always drive at insane speeds and crash into others with 150 km/h.

That's you. As always, "me myself and I". But that would be enabled if it was decided so, for ALL players. You and those who would simply drive full speed everywhere. YOU may not be a risk in a non-speed-limits environment, but hundreds (or most likely thousands) of other players are. It's naive to believe that because you don't do something bad, no one else will.

And based on your comment about not playing on #EU1 because it was too empty, have you ever thought that there might come a time when the game population is too low to even consider playing on the TMP servers. That's exactly where we're heading right now. Another large update on Convoy mode which might bring 32/64 player rooms & Community Servers and TMP will suffer even more and i'm rather uncertain whether it will be able to recover then.

If the alternative is to play in servers full of lunatics driving trucks as if they were F1 vehicles, so be it. I already left because of that, surely other people did the same thing back then. I doubt that TMP staff would rather have twice as many players wreaking havoc constantly than what they have now. So if it comes a time when it's not worth to keep the project running, MAYBE, they will decide to give up and let the servers as Freeroam for all, or MAYBE they will decide to just shut it down and move on into other matters.

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

EDIT: The mention for managing a game was for @Xiolin since he's a retired team member.

It was in your reply to my post, that's why I misunderstood it as addressed to me, sorry about that.

1 minute ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

So, there was ONE server with a speed limit and the people whining and complaining were those who wanted a speed limit? 100% logic. NOT.

Nice narrative. It's like you see black and white and nothing else. Obviously, there were people playing on #EU2 cause #EU1 was empty and they were the ones who wanted a speed limit enforced within #EU2. It's like saying that those playing on Simulation Server today are all happy with speed limit or any other rule regardless...

Sure. But TMP is NOT a game, it's a multiplayer mod for a game that didn't have multiplayer and surprise! Now it does have a multiplayer option. Where people can drive with mods, with their friends, at 150 Km/h or faster, ram everything on their way if they want and not be banned. Ideal for those who complain so much about TMP's speed limit or non-collisions arcade. To compete with that, TMP would need to provide the same features. Tell me how you would make it possible to have weather, NPC traffic and any mods "in the market" supported and synchronized in a 4000+ players server. TMP is doing whatever they can to improve the mod in ways that can be supported with the current hardware and resources, but there's no way, apparently, to provide those features, so it can NEVER compete with what Convoy mode offers. Maybe you think that better management would be able to? You can always suggest what methods would work... But for everything, not just "remove speed limits". Because without speed limits, there would still be no support for "any mods you want to use", "synchronized NPC traffic" or "only the rules that each player wants to follow". Removing the speed limits wouldn't work to stop people from using Convoy, all it would achieve is to bring back the chaos that we all know from before Road to Simulation.

That's you. As always, "me myself and I". But that would be enabled if it was decided so, for ALL players. You and those who would simply drive full speed everywhere. YOU may not be a risk in a non-speed-limits environment, but hundreds (or most likely thousands) of other players are. It's naive to believe that because you don't do something bad, no one else will.

If the alternative is to play in servers full of lunatics driving trucks as if they were F1 vehicles, so be it. I already left because of that, surely other people did the same thing back then. I doubt that TMP staff would rather have twice as many players wreaking havoc constantly than what they have now. So if it comes a time when it's not worth to keep the project running, MAYBE, they will decide to give up and let the servers as Freeroam for all, or MAYBE they will decide to just shut it down and move on into other matters.

Since i understand a bit of the technical side of things (due to the fact that i also work in game development), i have realistic expectations from the TMP mod. NPC traffic is really hard to accomplish in an MMO (technically speaking as well as price wise) and i honestly believe that it's a feature TMP will never get. Also, global mod support is another feature that won't be achieved within TMP because many reasons, one of which is that it can be used as a backdoor for hacking. So, when i say things i make sure that they can be achieved and they'll have a positive outcome within the mod.

Server-Side economy is something that can be achieved within the game fairly easy and it will have a positive outcome as it is the most effective feature to counter reckless driving.

The removal of the global NCZ in the arcade server is also another positive feature as it will attract a bunch of player back at the mod and make it relevant again. Adding Collisions within arcade is the least amount of work required to attract a bunch of players back on the mod and give it a boost.

Also, I'm not naive to believe that players won't drive like maniacs. I'm just weighing the pros and cons and understand the cost of this decision. Just like the administration should understand that the cost of implementing RTS has far exceeded the advantages. In the past, the mod successfully capitalized on the fact that it had monopoly over multiplayer on ETS2. And it had a pretty successful run over the past years, but the moment another multiplayer version emerged, the impact was visible from the very first day. The bill always comes due. And in the case of TMP, it came in the form of Convoy Mode and revealed all the deeper issues of TMP.

Furthermore, the problems that accompany a no-speed limit & collision-enabled server, can be solved if one is willing to.

Will it make moderation resource intensive and massively increase reckless driving? Then make sure to adjust the reporting system as well in the arcade server, limitting it only within hacking, verbal abuse rules etc. It's after all the Arcade Server. And like i said, Server-Side Economy is the most successful way to massively reduce reckless driving anyway instead of enforcing all these rules by trying to treat the symptoms and not the disease.

As we speak there are 2 developers being paid by the mod. We're not talking any more in terms of volunteering work to a popular mod. We're talking for a product. It's easy to say that it's better for the mod to shut down than going back to the before-speed limit times, but it's words that i'd only accept hearing from the people who actually work and live by this mod.

RTS has failed. To address any complaints on that statement, I'm not denying the fact that it did a lot of good to the mod and massively reduced reckless driving. But like i said an MMO mod is defined by its players. If we want to talk about TMP in 5 years, adapting to a new server structure is something that should be considered. If the devs behind the mod don't want to adapt, then it's their decision to make. But when we talk why the mod is decaying, the reason is that and always will be that. 

On 07.05.2022 at 22:26, Xiolin said:

çocuksu olan ben miyim? Bir SİMÜLASYON oyununda 110 km/s'nin üzerine çıkamamamızdan hoşlanmayan sizlersiniz (ki bu gerçek hayatta saatte 90 km ile sınırlıdır, bu yüzden 20 km/s'nin üzerine çıktığınıza sevinin) ve muhtemelen o zamandan beri şikayet etmeye devam edecek. yerinde kalacak.. Sınır yok, özellikle WOT yükleri kullanan insanlar söz konusu olduğunda ve 90kph ile sınırlıyken yıkımı mahvetti. Beğen ya da beğenme, kalmak için burada.

Bana hız sınırlayıcının kaldırılması için iyi bir pratik neden söyleyin (başka bir neden a'yı b noktasına daha hızlı götürmek, ki bu iyi bir neden değil), hız sınırlayıcının kaldırılması mı gerekiyor? Bekleyeceğim.

Brother, how many times have you said that you did this for simulation, you claimed that it was a truck simulation, but you brought a bus and a car, if this is a truck simulation, it must be a truck, so don't defend the speed limit against me, people are bored of this situation, we are not real truck drivers and this is a game whatever you do do it, these accidents will continue to happen   

most players want this, how many forums have we opened, they closed them all, we complain about this situation, this is not a truck park, it's just a game platform. Accidents will continue to happen, this may be because the players are not trained, it may be a rank system or a better solution can be found.

I just want you to analyze my answer within the framework of logic.

35 minutes ago, THE ROCK - PT said:

They had their time and they didnt improve much , now isnt possible to beat the convoy mode .?

I do believe too that it's not possible to beat the convoy mode, but this is true since it was released. Support for any working mods you want to use, synchronized weather and NPC traffic, are things that can't be implemented in a 4000+ players environment. Add to that the fact that in Convoy players can go as fast as they want, ram everything and everyone in their way and not have rules, moderators or bans... Of course that TMP can never beat that. Not that they want to, I'd say.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I do believe too that it's not possible to beat the convoy mode, but this is true since it was released. Support for any working mods you want to use, synchronized weather and NPC traffic, are things that can't be implemented in a 4000+ players environment. Add to that the fact that in Convoy players can go as fast as they want, ram everything and everyone in their way and not have rules, moderators or bans... Of course that TMP can never beat that. Not that they want to, I'd say.

TMP is an MMO though. Convoy can't compete with that especially right now with 8 players per room. I'd go as far as claim that TMP would still have a much bigger population base if they had one server with the aforementioned settings. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived