Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Let's discuss the changing about rule 2.8

Was it necessary to change this rule in this way?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Was it necessary to change this rule in this way?

Hello, let's discuss the changes about rule 2.8 under this post. Do you think this rule change is a necessary change?
That changes be useful to increase the drop in player count on servers again?

Or can you suggest an even better arrangement?

You have the comments!

So one thing i can tell you, is that the rule has not been changed because of any player count. People will still be banned permanently for hacking and ban evading. Nothing has changed there. But the main reason for changing the history ban is that people change. I know there is a lot of people that will be bad drivers and within a short time end up with 5 bans and be permanently banned, but then a year later they might have gotten older and wiser and so would want to drive normally and just enjoy the server without ruining it for everyone else. But with the old rules they cant. And so instead of a permanent ban, they now get 3 months, and then after 3 months its another 3 months if you still brake the rules, at some point you would imagine that they would be tired of being banned 3 months and then actually start following the rules. Essentially that as long as they dont ban evade or hack the game, they have a chance of changing their ways. Which i think is a fair way of doing it. I know that some think that 5 chances should be enough for people to learn their ways and if they cant, then a permanent ban is what they deserve, but most people change over time, and banning someone forever because they did dumb stuff when they where younger, is a little much. So i welcome the change. It has nothing to do with player count, but more to do with that we believe that people can change.

I am not a Game Moderator but I can say that everyone on this Earth is only a Human, and everyone can make mistake no matter what it is, exactly the same thing is in the Virtual World. I think that this change was really good since everyone should get chances to improve themself in a better way. I totally agree with the Answer that @MrSirVikingwrote above. 

Best regards,

Doñ Cheeki | TruckersMP Event Team

3 hours ago, Doñ Cheeki said:

Não sou um moderador de jogos, mas posso dizer que todos nesta Terra são apenas humanos, e todos podem cometer erros, não importa o que seja, exatamente a mesma coisa no mundo virtual. Eu acho que essa mudança foi muito boa, pois todos deveriam ter chances de melhorar a si mesmos de uma maneira melhor. concordo plenamente com a resposta que@MrSirVikingescreveu acima. 

Hello, yes you are right but we are not permanently banned at 1 ban, you must have 5 to be permanently banned, if the player does not learn from 1 to 2 and so on, it is because the player has 2.In-game intentions. Also if you research a little there are players to be permanently banned after 2 to 3 months, will it be careless to come to TMP just to create problems? 

6 horas atrás, MrSirViking disse:

Então, uma coisa que eu posso te dizer, é que a regra não foi alterada por causa da contagem de jogadores. As pessoas ainda serão banidas permanentemente por hacking e evasão de banimento. Nada mudou lá. Mas a principal razão para mudar a proibição da história é que as pessoas mudam. Eu sei que muitas pessoas serão motoristas ruins e em pouco tempo acabarão com 5 banimentos e serão banidos permanentemente, mas um ano depois eles podem ter ficado mais velhos e mais sábios e então gostariam de dirigir normalmente e apenas aproveitar o servidor sem arruiná-lo para todos os outros. Mas com as regras antigas eles não podem. E assim, em vez de um banimento permanente, eles agora recebem 3 meses, e depois de 3 meses são outros 3 meses se você ainda quebrar as regras, em algum momento você imaginaria que eles estariam cansados de serem banidos 3 meses e depois começariam Seguindo as regras. Essencialmente, desde que eles não proíbam evadir ou hackear o jogo, eles têm a chance de mudar seus caminhos. O que eu acho que é uma maneira justa de fazer isso. Eu sei que alguns pensam que 5 chances devem ser suficientes para as pessoas aprenderem seus caminhos e se eles não puderem, então um banimento permanente é o que eles merecem, mas a maioria das pessoas muda com o tempo, e banir alguém para sempre porque eles fizeram coisas idiotas quando estavam mais jovem, é um pouco demais. Então eu congratulo-me com a mudança. Não tem nada a ver com a contagem de jogadores, mas mais a ver com isso, acreditamos que as pessoas podem mudar. mas a maioria das pessoas muda com o tempo, e banir alguém para sempre porque eles fizeram coisas idiotas quando eram mais jovens, é um pouco demais. Então eu congratulo-me com a mudança. Não tem nada a ver com a contagem de jogadores, mas mais a ver com isso, acreditamos que as pessoas podem mudar. mas a maioria das pessoas muda com o tempo, e banir alguém para sempre porque eles fizeram coisas idiotas quando eram mais jovens, é um pouco demais. Então eu congratulo-me com a mudança. Não tem nada a ver com a contagem de jogadores, mas mais a ver com isso, acreditamos que as pessoas podem mudar.

Hello, all rules are welcome to improve TMP, but this one I apologize but I don't totally agree, because we are not going to be permanently banned at 1 ban . And most likely the players who are permanently banned are the ones who go to the CD road by car to spoil.the game of others. Regarding the subject that spoke of hacking.Here we have a problem that has been talked about several times on the forum, hacking and screen loading I can say that at this moment TMP can't tell the difference, All reports sent to the TMP for hacking are denied and some even very visible, I speak for myself and for the entire Portuguese community. 

In short, I don't believe that this will be the best way to bring new players to TMP.but on the contrary, the oldest and most loyal players to the TMP will abandon the platform because they like to live together and not have a player always creating.Problems. 

Sorry but that's my opinion, and I also understand your opinion defend your shirt, hugs and keep up the good work. 

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

I do think this will increase the Web reporting system a lot and kinda negates the work the Staff has done to ban them. If they keep coming back and rule breaking then that's more reports needed to go through filling up the system. Plus the ingame reporting system still a VERY high percentage expire so that should be worked on before changing "Permanent bans".

I don't know the exact amount of permanent banned users but I could safely say tens of thousands maybe at a stretch hundreds, they all come back and havoc will break loose. I'm concerned about this rule change and not a fan.

For the new rules, I would say that everyone makes mistakes, but don't make the same mistakes all the time, learn your lesson, if you do not overtake on the road, do not drive recklessly, keep a safe distance, ban and reporting will be far away from you.

Kind regards,

Tonyyy

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

I personally respect that the rules have been changed after the long internal discussions. And I do understand the reason behind the Team's efforts to update these rules. But, always a but. I disagree with some of the player’s comments above. I have to admit that everyone makes mistakes, and no one is perfect since he/she was born.  As with previous rule 2.8, 5 chances is enough for them to make mistakes, and I think they will learn from it. It's meaningless to give them more. I knew some of the groups were making trolls for fun before. If they continue making trolls and keeping unban them, I think there will be chaos in the game as @CatMan775said before. It could bring bad experiences for both players and staff.

Sincerely!

Nxbody17

-----------Useful Links----------

TMP Rules|Support|Feedback|Reports

I can fully agree with the others here. Take me as an example: I play since 7 years now, since an age from 12 years. (holy, just realized how long I am here... This year I will be 20 years old xD) 

I have 4 Bans in my History but nobody would belive me, because my driving has developed a lot since a few years, especially since I have my drivers licence. (2 and half years) 

I take more responsibility try to be more attentive, the exact way like I do in real Life, so I am free of any punishment since almost 3 years. 

But you are not fully developed since you were born, and someone who has really bad luck and got a permanent ban 5 years ago due 5 Bans in history because he was always inattentive and didn't know any traffic rules ... 90 days are fair enaugh. It is possible that such a player become the best driver after time.. Maybe your favourite GM because he know exactly which punishment effectly works, he know the other site as a "bad, undeveloped player" 

this was necessery bacause it gives the very fair admins less power, i only have 300h in truckersmp and realized that something isnt right about the ban system, sometimes players get banned without a reason because the 13yo admin doesnt know the rules of the street or they are blind. im a AWSD player and its way harder to drive than with a wheel and now some pressure may be gone for some players...

People are saying "mistakes happen" yeah true,but 5 repetitive mistakes? come on.If you think that people that maneged to get perma benned are even thinking of coming back is naive at best.If you go to https://stats.truckersmp.com/ (bottom of the page)you can see a slow but constant drop in players,from 14,700 players in may 2021 down to 5,007 as up to 8th of may 2022(a SUNDAY!!!).Not mentioning patreon as well.

Initially i though the playerbase was going to stablize after the hype for convoy mode died out,but later i realized that people are not coming back,meaning that they played tmp simply for the lack of another option.

Staff hyped players multiple times(ai traffic for an example)just to cancel said project because of X or Y problems.They added a basically useless in-game report system that relies completely on the small team of moderators that cant keep up with the huge waves of reports forcing people to go to the website to make a report that can take days to be reviewed,meanwile the troll is happly ramming people into oblivion unharmed and i can imagine that motivation to play again can drop alot.

ATS mp always had a much smaller player base,but that mp mode was always ignored,receiving less events and stuff like the random vehicles to drive,now is basically dead,with less that 200 players on the american server

I stopped playing mp 2 months ago,simply because 90% of the players are now concetrated on trying to kill themselves around the cursed C-D road.The rest of the map is empty and dead there's is nothing else to do,specially in DLC areas.TMP lost players due to bans,promises not fulfilled and most importantly too slow of a response against SCS convoy mode.

It hurts to say this kind of things but i had to.I played this mod since its first minutes(my ID  is 171) so its really sad to see what is happening now.Allowing perma-banned players to come back is just another poor if not desparate decision.

Hello, dear TruckersMP users.

As many of you probably have noticed, the original discussion topic of this matter is locked due to numerous §4.2 violations.

But, I'll let this topic stay in order to discuss the last rule update in a calm manner

I'd also like to let all of you know, I will personally monitor this topic closely and/or the comments to see how things evolve. If we see this going into the wrong direction we will take the necessary action against the people in question and/or topic.

So please everyone, stay respectful, act responsible and do not break any of our rules. Thank you all.

Kind regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Report Moderator + Community (Forum) Moderator

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived